Lake Louise Ski Resort

Lake Louise Ski Resort Employee Reviews

Canada33 reviews
Fun job, though hard work, a lot of people leave because of it. Great culture. Great friends and memories. Average pay for Canada. Expect to work hard.
Had amazing summer running equipment. Crew was fun to work with. Got to run a lot of equipment in the mountains so kind of a fun day everyday. I would do it again if pay was better.
Pros
Beautiful scenery, great co workers, fun work
Cons
Pay
Lake Louise was a great place to work and learn, the minimum required character limit is far too high.

If you want to work hard 40 hours a week and spend the rest of your time doing whatever you please in the most beautiful place in the world - do it.
Since the management of F&B (executive chef and Sous Chef) changed, the atmosphere changed from a relaxed and fun work environment where you were actually motivated to work to one where employees are not respected and pushed around. Unpaid overtime is common, when they decide you didn’t manage your time properly, and the management does not understand that this is a place where workers come to have fun. A huge amount of people (including me) have been quitting in the last few weeks or will quitting in the next few, leaving worse conditions for the people left behind, even managers and supervisors that try to make sure you have a good time and are not as harsh are getting pushed out. There will be almost no returning staff for summer season for a very good reason. The upper management seems not to have acknowledged the issues and isn’t tackling them.
On the other hand the people you work with are amazing and you will definitely have a good time riding or skiing, but it’s not worth the poor work conditions. There are plenty of great other ski resorts around you can get the same experience and better working conditions.
Pros
It’s a ski hill
Cons
Long hours, unpaid overtime, poor wages, poor management
Considering you get staff accommodations, the rate of pay seems justified. You make little money but also receive payment in the form of great experiences. work culture is pretty relaxed and friendly.
Working at Lake Louise is an amazing experience and would recommend it to anyone looking into this industry. Every day was a new puzzle to solve. the People I met and worked with were amazing!
Overall terrible management. They are rude, unorganized, No one knows how to run the place, very little structure. They work you for 10-12 days straight without a day off, no consistent scheduling, I haven't had a day off together with my partner in over a month. They change payroll on you without telling you, if a supervisor asks you to stay later to finish a task and the haven't checked with a manager, there is a good chance they will go behind your back without you knowing and take those hours away to save on over time, even though they pull in millions per year WHILE understaffing. Employees are taken advantage of because 90% are international and don't want to risk being fired for no reason if they bring up an issue. Staff accommodations are not fit to house the amount of people they do. Only good thing about working here is the location, everything about the working environment is the worst I've experienced out of multiple different jobs I've had.
Working at a ski hill it's everything you expect. If you're a fan of skiing you'll like this job if you can survive the partying. Can be a boring place to work during the summer.
I was a Trail Crew Member with Lake Louise Ski Resort for Winter 2017. Hands-down the most fun & rewarding job I've ever had. Definitely not a job for someone looking to make/save money but the experience was absolutely incredible. There is no comparison to waking up and going to work in one of the most beautiful places in North America. A typical day for me would be skiing around the mountain maintaining the snow fences and helping out with other activities & events on the resort. Everyone else at the resort lives in your area and knows each other so the camaraderie is excellent. If you are looking for an adventure and have a free season or two I would absolutely recommend applying.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Lake Louise Ski Resort?
Was a wonderful place to work, no complaints, must love the snow, the cold, snowboarding, skiing, talking to people and must be organized person. Things can get hectic.
Loved my time in Lake Louise, this place makes for great friends and lots to learn in the ski industry.
The IT team is responsible for a wide range of systems and services, making a robust team with little they can't accomplish.
Great and fun place to work! great team of people, great resort, positive work environment, great training opportunities for staff, opportunity to grow
This was a realy great place to work, with tons of outlets for different skill levels, the people and customers where great,

Upper management needs to be more involved.
Pros
great accomadations
Cons
Upper Management lacking
Fun place, poor manager when I was there but I know she left. Staff accommodation provided, beautiful place to live and work. Lots of partying. Have to work throughout the holidays but worth it for the overtime sometimes. Lots of snowboarding/skiing !
Enjoyed my time there
Akoeoe

eokefkeog

egokegokegeokfeon iwoeuifhwe woefu hwejwndvo wuhwoei hwoei jrwoiefjwoij woeij woiedjweoi jwoie jwoeifj woeifj woiefj woeifj
good times
We know you have a life outside of work, and work-life balance is encouraged. Taking advantage of both summer, and winter, mountain sports is one way we encourage our associates to reap the benefits of living on resort. We value innovation and promote it within our teams as we want you to work and grow while on your journey. We work hard but also have fun while we’re at it.
worked at many outlets at the ski resort; liked the diverse groups of people, the busy aspect of most days, the chance to move up or change departments.
great company to work for, difficult to work and live for the same company but I had a lot of fun while working with this company. would recommend working here.
It's great living in the mountains, the people are fun and so is skiing. The work sucks, terrible wage, terrible customers. But you get free skiing so there's that.
Pros
Free skiing
Cons
Bad wages, bad job
Great snow, Beautiful scenery, amazing mountains!!!
Awful management, two-faced liars who are breaking the law and firing staff to hide the fact the company is laundering money. Thieves that need to be dealt with.
Pros
snow is good
Cons
money is the root of all evil
The Lake Louise Ski Resort is a place where you can interact with the most interesting guests from across the globe, snowboard or ski during the work day, and advance your skills in the workplace in one of the most beautiful places our planet has to offer.
What I enjoyed most about the ski resort was the location. Buried in the heart of Banff National Park, the ski resort gave you a spectacular view from any window and the ski lodge itself was undeniably breathtaking. In simpler terms, it was very hard to have a bad day at work.

The management team gave me an environment to thrive in. Being surrounded by coworkers from almost every continent on the planet opened my eyes to a worldly perspective and not only allowed me to achieve goals on a work level, but also set up goals to improve myself on a personal level; and strive to be the best me possible both inside the workplace and out of it.
Pros
Free ski pass and very fun and affordable staff accommodation
Cons
There aren't any