Lake Louise Inn

Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging
  • Overall satisfaction

nice staff acoms good people

A good place to work. you need a car. food is good rent is good. they have a good work culture. flexible and they help when you get vaccinations...parking on site...

Inn-sane

There was the most tension Ive ever seen in a workplace here. The supervisors think it’s the military and the management is a joke. And the building is old and stinks.

Pros

Free meals

Cons

Mean people

Great workplace with beautiful scenery

Working at Lake Louise Inn was pretty great, the job itself was easy to do but during the busy seasons it can be overwhelming, the coworkers were friendly and willing to help get the job done, the supervisors can be very supportive and understanding if you are having problems, and the hotel managers would show there appreciation by having a staff BBQ and staff party's. Also, the staff cafeteria would serve food at lunch and supper.

Pros

Get to meet new people, free access to the hotel gym, beautiful scenery

Cons

Zero chances at a raise or promotion, the ravens and squirrels will bother your cart if not covered

If you are not part of the “click” leave this place ASAP

The management takes tables and want to make as much money as they can. They don’t care about their employees. They feed you fast food all day. It is a clicky environment so if you are not part of the click get out as soon as possible. The staff is mostly young so if you like babysitting kids you are at the right place. The HR as no clue what she is doing. Harassement by other co-workers is considered ok there. Not a good place to work.

Cons

Bad management, dont care about staff, clicky, horrible

horrible

they prefer to over work their staff then to hire new ones , if they don’t like you they bring it to a personal level don’t bother bringing your problems to HR nothing will happen. They play favourites really bad over all your coworkers are okay the staff housing is amazing but i would never work there again unless the general management was to change

Pros

co workers, housing, meals

Cons

over worked, treated bad, management

Motivated staff, loyal clients and great work/life balance

A friendly and supportive workplace. Whether you are new to the hospitality industry or a seasoned professional, a mature attitude and strong work ethic will be rewarded. Management encourages career advancement, diversity is celebrated. A popular tourist destination year round, this property is fast paced with a loyal client base. Excellent staff accommodation, inclusions and benefits are provided. Network, learn, enjoy this amazing location!

Pros

Performance incentives, recognition programs, competitive wages, meals, accommodation

Awesome people and cool place to work!

I’ve worked here for the past 2 and a half years, and am going back this summer. I work breakfast hours, and the staff there is great. Summers get pretty hectic, but nothing that servers shouldn’t be able to handle :) Accommodations are the best that I’ve seen in the village, and one of the cheapest ones around. If you’re looking for a sweet getaway and cool experiences while working and saving money, definitely recommend!

Pros

Staff meals, Staff Housing, Work hours

Terrible place to work

this job started off promising but slowly learned how corrupt this company truly is. don't express/have your own opinion or you'll be targeted by managers. they play favourites here. the pay isnt good enough for the amount of work required. there was nothing enjoyable about going to work here. mostly looked forward to the days off but youll get facebook messages asking you to come in on your days off most of the time. when its busy you work 6 days on, 1 day off. its not worth the stress to work here.

Pros

co-workers, staff accomodation

Cons

management sucks, no work/life balance, no job security

Busy Summer

I have worked here not for long and will say this - staff/co workers are amazing ! Rent is amazing price for a personalized room with wifi and cable . The laundry machines will eat your loonies though so use quarters. You are not allowed to leave until 5 even when done your list you must help others which I didnt like.

Cons

No staff meals, not allowed to leave until 5, exspensive to grocery shop in town, remote, pay isnt good enough for workload, discounts suck, tips suck

High pace and amazing experience

I worked 3 jobs in one hotel basically , got to learn several types of work and had job ofers to while working because my work was high paced and i would always take hours . I loved the people and the good time i had working there and would do it again because the experience outweighed any negativity the job presented.

sucks

If you are not part of the (their)ity clique forget about it . Longevity rules lead roles awarded upon time served not on competence. Chef seems two-faced probably a brain child of Atlific management. Puppeteers in action. Apparently, 3 bag of frozen sauces means you pay $$$

Kind employer

A typical day at work:meeting, work. break, work, lunch break, work, break, work, done. Friendly workplace! The hardest part of the job is it need speed and clean. Beautiful view always!

First time Housekeeping job

It was my first time work overseas and as housekeeper. Everything was new,fresh and great experience. Especially I realize I like making the bed. I can make the bed beautiful and faster.

Productive and fun workplace

Pay is good for first job out of college. Not much room for advancement and skills development is minimal. If you are looking for stable work you don't take home with you, this place is great. Otherwise get in, use the time to build skills on your own time, and get out.

Pros

great employees and team work

Cons

located in a very small village

Productive and fun workplace

Great place to work, always something to do always someone around to help if needed. huge staff which ends up being a huge family.........................

Easy going, happy work environment

Lake Louise is an amazing place to live/work! The opportunities with the Inn are endless, and your working hours are never too overwhelming. I can't say enough about the staff accommodations as well. Nowhere in the area offers housing like this, you'll always have your own room and they're nice, clean units.The one con - management could use some help. Inexperienced management creates unnecessary stress for some of the staff, which could be avoided. However, upper management is great.Overall great place to work!

Pros

Great housing, happy staff

Cons

Young, inexperienced management

Always a productive work environment and culturally divers. No day was ever the same working there. Management was great as well as staff. The best part of the day was engaging with client of and staff of different cultures, and hardest part was some times long hours.

Good

This was a beautiful place to live and work. It was my first job in Lake Louise but it opened the door to many other job opportunities out there. I would recommend this job to anyone.

A fun work environment with great new experiences

I really enjoyed working at the Lske Louise inn. I gained plenty of work experience as a line cook and prep cook and enjoyed my time there. Lake Louise Inn is what made me realize I have a passion for cooking and is the line of work I would like to continue in

Great CoWorkers, Questionable Management

Best part about working in Housekeeping is the other housekeepers, management is always intimidating and you feel like you're always on their bad side. Favorites are definitely played here and its a shame because it has the potential to be great.

good workplace

great place to work and the executive chef is amazing to work for. i would recommend the lake louise inn to anyone for a great working experience.....

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lake Louise Inn. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0Job security/advancement