Lake Louise Inn

Lake Louise Inn Employee Reviews

Canada20 reviews
I have worked here not for long and will say this - staff/co workers are amazing ! Rent is amazing price for a personalized room with wifi and cable . The laundry machines will eat your loonies though so use quarters. You are not allowed to leave until 5 even when done your list you must help others which I didnt like.
Cons
No staff meals, not allowed to leave until 5, exspensive to grocery shop in town, remote, pay isnt good enough for workload, discounts suck, tips suck
I worked 3 jobs in one hotel basically , got to learn several types of work and had job ofers to while working because my work was high paced and i would always take hours . I loved the people and the good time i had working there and would do it again because the experience outweighed any negativity the job presented.
If you are not part of the (their)ity clique forget about it . Longevity rules lead roles awarded upon time served not on competence. Chef seems two-faced probably a brain child of Atlific management. Puppeteers
in action. Apparently, 3 bag of frozen sauces means you pay $$$
A typical day at work:meeting, work. break, work, lunch break, work, break, work, done. Friendly workplace! The hardest part of the job is it need speed and clean. Beautiful view always!
It was my first time work overseas and as housekeeper.
Everything was new,fresh and great experience.

Especially I realize I like making the bed. I can make the bed beautiful and faster.
Pay is good for first job out of college. Not much room for advancement and skills development is minimal. If you are looking for stable work you don't take home with you, this place is great. Otherwise get in, use the time to build skills on your own time, and get out.
Pros
great employees and team work
Cons
located in a very small village
Great place to work, always something to do always someone around to help if needed. huge staff which ends up being a huge family.........................
Lake Louise is an amazing place to live/work! The opportunities with the Inn are endless, and your working hours are never too overwhelming. I can't say enough about the staff accommodations as well. Nowhere in the area offers housing like this, you'll always have your own room and they're nice, clean units.

The one con - management could use some help. Inexperienced management creates unnecessary stress for some of the staff, which could be avoided. However, upper management is great.

Overall great place to work!
Pros
Great housing, happy staff
Cons
Young, inexperienced management
Always a productive work environment and culturally divers. No day was ever the same working there. Management was great as well as staff. The best part of the day was engaging with client of and staff of different cultures, and hardest part was some times long hours.
This was a beautiful place to live and work. It was my first job in Lake Louise but it opened the door to many other job opportunities out there. I would recommend this job to anyone.
I really enjoyed working at the Lske Louise inn. I gained plenty of work experience as a line cook and prep cook and enjoyed my time there. Lake Louise Inn is what made me realize I have a passion for cooking and is the line of work I would like to continue in
Best part about working in Housekeeping is the other housekeepers, management is always intimidating and you feel like you're always on their bad side. Favorites are definitely played here and its a shame because it has the potential to be great.
great place to work and the executive chef is amazing to work for. i would recommend the lake louise inn to anyone for a great working experience.....
Overall, The Lake Louise Inn has very friendly staff and management. Could definitely use a new operating system(Currently Opera)which makes check-in quite slow and prolonged. All 3 outlets for Food and Beverage is funominal and well priced.. Renovations so far are looking very much improved, but they should be focusing on renovations to guests rooms instead of The Lobby or Restaurants carpeting. Overall, Awesome customer service ethics put into place and would most definitely work there again!!
Pros
Staff cafe, internet and parking included. Nice, clean staff accoms.
Cons
Poor communication between departments and GM / Director of Operations.
pretty good place to work, I learnt alot about the company. Very remote location and management is understanding and gave me time off according to when I needed it.
Work load is too much and very overwhelming. You don't get treated like a human being. Pay is not enough and the manager makes everything worse. Housekeeping is not the department to work for here.
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
Had a horrible experience. Made promises that weren't fulfilled. Traveled across the country to work here only to be lied to. NOT GUARANTEED FULL TIME HOURS, STAFF MEALS ARE HORRIBLE AND EVERYBODY IS A DRUG ADDICT.
Pros
Free meals
Cons
Low pay, not enough hours, drugs, idiots
While working at Lake Louise Inn, I have learnt a lot around the hotel business. I'm thankful for all the opportunities that they have shown me thru the year and half while working for them. lovely people to work with.
I enjoyed doing repair work and there was a lot of that as the staff were young and partied a lot. there was always a fair amount of repairs to do and it kept me very busy. I only took that job as a temporary move to get me form Toronto to Calgary with a place to live and a payday every two weeks. I did a lot of renovations there for them and they no longer someone with my skills when I left as I left them in good shape.
Pros
Good meals
Cons
Low pay
I currently work from home in this position; traveling to Lake Louise Inn on a weekly visit for an overnight stay. The team is amazing and very supportive, offering all the training and guidance that is needed. I have learnt how to multitask even further in my current role and as well expand my horizons in social media