Lake Louise Inn Employee Reviews

Productive and fun workplace
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  Lake Louise, AB12 May 2019
Pay is good for first job out of college. Not much room for advancement and skills development is minimal. If you are looking for stable work you don't take home with you, this place is great. Otherwise get in, use the time to build skills on your own time, and get out.
Pros
great employees and team work
Cons
located in a very small village
Productive and fun workplace
Assistant Front Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Lake Louise, AB1 February 2019
Great place to work, always something to do always someone around to help if needed. huge staff which ends up being a huge family.........................
Easy going, happy work environment
SERVER (Former Employee) –  Lake Louise, AB22 October 2018
Lake Louise is an amazing place to live/work! The opportunities with the Inn are endless, and your working hours are never too overwhelming. I can't say enough about the staff accommodations as well. Nowhere in the area offers housing like this, you'll always have your own room and they're nice, clean units.

The one con - management could use some help. Inexperienced management creates unnecessary stress for some of the staff, which could be avoided. However, upper management is great.

Overall great place to work!
Pros
Great housing, happy staff
Cons
Young, inexperienced management
Administrative Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lake Louise, AB29 August 2018
Always a productive work environment and culturally divers. No day was ever the same working there. Management was great as well as staff. The best part of the day was engaging with client of and staff of different cultures, and hardest part was some times long hours.
Good
Guest Services, Housekeeping Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lake Louise, AB8 July 2018
This was a beautiful place to live and work. It was my first job in Lake Louise but it opened the door to many other job opportunities out there. I would recommend this job to anyone.
A fun work environment with great new experiences
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Lake Louise, AB16 February 2018
I really enjoyed working at the Lske Louise inn. I gained plenty of work experience as a line cook and prep cook and enjoyed my time there. Lake Louise Inn is what made me realize I have a passion for cooking and is the line of work I would like to continue in
Terrible Environment
Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Lake Louise, AB10 December 2017
Worked here for one year and it was the worst experience of my life. Housekeeping manager belittled people at staff meetings and played favoritism. The supervisors recieved zero training yet they were selected by being tested on cleaning a bunch of checkouts perfectly for one day and then if they pass its congrats your going to check rooms now!. In one building you had to clean 22 rooms a day which is a bit gruelling when housekeeping standards actually require you to do a maximum of 16 rooms per 8 hour shift. Overall it was just a bad housekeeping environment and it was a result of mismanagement. People from within are promoted which means the poor management from this one person gets passed on to the next manager and the next.
Pros
Staff accomodation
Cons
Low pay
Great CoWorkers, Questionable Management
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Lake Louise, AB14 November 2017
Best part about working in Housekeeping is the other housekeepers, management is always intimidating and you feel like you're always on their bad side. Favorites are definitely played here and its a shame because it has the potential to be great.
good workplace
Sous Chef (Former Employee) –  Lake Louise, AB10 November 2017
great place to work and the executive chef is amazing to work for. i would recommend the lake louise inn to anyone for a great working experience.....
Productive and fun wrking experience.
Guest Services Agent/Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Lake Louise, AB9 November 2017
Overall, The Lake Louise Inn has very friendly staff and management. Could definitely use a new operating system(Currently Opera)which makes check-in quite slow and prolonged. All 3 outlets for Food and Beverage is funominal and well priced.. Renovations so far are looking very much improved, but they should be focusing on renovations to guests rooms instead of The Lobby or Restaurants carpeting. Overall, Awesome customer service ethics put into place and would most definitely work there again!!
Pros
Staff cafe, internet and parking included. Nice, clean staff accoms.
Cons
Poor communication between departments and GM / Director of Operations.
good
Server (Current Employee) –  Lake Louise9 October 2017
pretty good place to work, I learnt alot about the company. Very remote location and management is understanding and gave me time off according to when I needed it.
Don't waste your time in Housekeeping
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Lake Louise, AB20 August 2017
Work load is too much and very overwhelming. You don't get treated like a human being. Pay is not enough and the manager makes everything worse. Housekeeping is not the department to work for here.
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
horrible place to work
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Lake Louise, AB19 November 2015
Had a horrible experience. Made promises that weren't fulfilled. Traveled across the country to work here only to be lied to. NOT GUARANTEED FULL TIME HOURS, STAFF MEALS ARE HORRIBLE AND EVERYBODY IS A DRUG ADDICT.
Pros
Free meals
Cons
Low pay, not enough hours, drugs, idiots
fun workplace to be in. lovely people to work with.
Front desk agent/housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Lake Louise, AB1 November 2015
While working at Lake Louise Inn, I have learnt a lot around the hotel business. I'm thankful for all the opportunities that they have shown me thru the year and half while working for them. lovely people to work with.
Fun environment.
Maintenance Repair (Former Employee) –  Lake Louise, AB4 August 2015
I enjoyed doing repair work and there was a lot of that as the staff were young and partied a lot. there was always a fair amount of repairs to do and it kept me very busy. I only took that job as a temporary move to get me form Toronto to Calgary with a place to live and a payday every two weeks. I did a lot of renovations there for them and they no longer someone with my skills when I left as I left them in good shape.
Pros
Good meals
Cons
Low pay
Great place to work that has a great team spirit
Director of Sales (Current Employee) –  Lake Louise inn21 May 2014
I currently work from home in this position; traveling to Lake Louise Inn on a weekly visit for an overnight stay. The team is amazing and very supportive, offering all the training and guidance that is needed. I have learnt how to multitask even further in my current role and as well expand my horizons in social media

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lake Louise Inn. Our community is ready to answer.

Lake Louise Inn Reviews by Location