Lahey Health Behavioral Services

Lahey Health Behavioral Services Employee Reviews

Fast Paced
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Tewksbury, MA10 February 2018
I worked in the inpatient detox and it was very fast-paced, usually no time for a break. Lots of paper work at the time and no EMR which could be stressful because of the need to document the same thing in 3 different spots. I enjoyed the staff I worked with, it was just too far for me to drive.
good employees
Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (Current Employee) –  Beverly, MA18 January 2018
Lahey focuses much on numbers versus quality which can make the work more demanding when working with mental health. i love all the supervisors i have had as well as the coworkers.
Teaching
House Manager (Former Employee) –  Salem, MA17 January 2018
Good place to start. Learned a lot about the human services field. Good mentoring by my program manager. The staff were always great to work with. Overall, positive.
Hard work. Fast Paced.
Clinician (Former Employee) –  Massachusetts15 January 2018
Management not responsive. Workplace can be very cliquey. If you have friends good things happen, if you don't good luck. Not a lot of room or encouragement for advancement.
Clients are great.
Community Support Person (Current Employee) –  Boston16 November 2017
We work every day to serve our clients but the hardest part of our job is the salary and benefits are minimum wage for the job we do. They do not value education .
Behavioral worker
Behavior Specialist (Current Employee) –  Danvers, MA28 July 2017
Typical day at work helping give medicine staff meetings bed checks, medical records and making sure our patients is comfortable and taking care of, healthy
Lahey does not take care of their employees
Recovery Specialist (Current Employee) –  Danvers, MA25 June 2017
Very poor company to work for. They do not appreciate employees and they pay us poorly. Promotions hardly come your way. The program I work for is about to close and the youth hardly have consequences.
Pros
Cons
employer does not take care of employees
Good Job Culture
Therapeutic Mentor and Group Leader (Current Employee) –  Beverly, MA15 June 2017
Top notch care given to the patients we work with. Strength based approach and ability to be flexible with care given to patients. Most enjoyable working with those you serve
Friendly Clinicians, terrible central scheduling!
Outpatient Clinical Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Gloucester, MA18 May 2017
Great, Friendly Clinicians.

Central Scheduling was terrible: too rigid, inflexible, it felt like one was working on a conveyor-belt manufacturing line when it came to seeing Clients.

Clinicians had no control over their daily/weekly schedules.
Poor Management. Poor leadership examples.
Senior Crisis Clinician (Current Employee) –  Lawrence, MA26 March 2017
This would be a good place to acquire skills from seasoned Clinicians, if this were allowed.
Management is sorely lacking in leadership, listening to the needs of staff and population served.
No appreciation for those who go the extra mile. Favoritism shown to those who do not, necessarily have a working knowledge of the Program.
New Clinicians lack proper training prior to being placed on shifts, alone causing a "back-up" in patient care.
Pros
Being allowed to work in the Emergency room.
Cons
Multiple
Administration is under educated
SENIOR CRISIS CLINICIAN (Current Employee) –  Lawrence, MA24 February 2017
Administration tends to overlook the work of those whom are most invested in population served.
Administration tends to attack those who do the most without complaint.
Administration could use Cultural Diversity training.
Pros
I love my job.
Cons
Administration could be more compassionate towards staff and population served.
Great place
Clinical supervisor and counselor (Current Employee) –  Lawrence, MA28 December 2016
Been working with Lawrence IHT for 2 years and have had a lot of opportunities for advancement and growth as well as clinical support and guidance. If you are looking to get excellent supervision, clinical experience and learning opportunities this is a wonderful spot. A lot of room for movement within Lahey programs as well.
Pros
Supervision, free CEUS, trainings, teamwork, internship opportunities
Cons
Cons are all dependent on attitude, flexibility and acceptance within programmatic changes
used to be a good place to work...
professional staff (Former Employee) –  MA13 October 2015
Not sure what is going on here . Lots of staff and supervisors jumped ship, poor communication between departments, and between Mgmt. and staff, etc. Big changes were implemented, apparently with little thought of ramifications on staff, clients. Sadly, clients and patients are the one paying the highest price. It used to be a vibrant place with a good reputation. Morale has dropped sharply over last years, and with good cause. Unsure about how or if the organization will be able to turn things around.
Started off well, but has been going through changes
Therapeutic Mentor (Current Employee) –  Lawrence, MA18 September 2015
I enjoy working with the clients that are supplied, but the company has started taking ab it of a turn for the weird at the moment. It's a decent work environment, but not much space for growth in the level in which I am currently in.
Work with nice people
Peer Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lawrence, MA1 September 2015
Lahey Health Behavioral Services is a good company to work for, they provide very good training and growth opportunities.
Experience Counts for Something
Relief House Counselor (Current Employee) –  Ipswich, Mass22 August 2015
I have learned much as a House Counselor at Lahey Behavioral and the experience they have given me will serve me well at other like-minded career moves.
Worst place
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Lawrence, MA21 August 2015
Management is the worst. They dont consider or appreciate their good employee. They write you up for anything. Mind your business when working here a lot drama happens
Pros
Dont have to clock in, Benefits
Cons
Hours, Lunch breaks too short
Excellent setting in which to prepare for MA licensure
Behavioral Health Clinician (Current Employee) –  Haverhill, MA11 August 2015
Lahey Health Behavioral Services provides holistic clinical treatment to an underserved population within the community. Utilizing a collaborative approach and developing treatment plans based rooted in evidence-based practice.
Nightmare job and irresponsible HR
Clinician (Former Employee) –  Danvers5 August 2015
Beware of 3 month trial period. Without need of a warning an employee can be terminated without cause, without an exit interview, and be asked to turn in keys without saying good-bye to clients or cleaning out his/her office. HR believed supervisor without speaking to employee or providing the opportunity for documentation of the contrary. HR took over three weeks to mail out COBRA details.

All my supervisor cared about was the perception of herself and the program and the paperwork. She gave little training on what she wanted and how to navigate the system. She wouldn't acknowledge improvements or clinical care. She minimized violence between clients and family members without filing incident reports.

Even the VP expected employees to work, quote, "50 hour work weeks if necessary" to complete work load, which I did several of. Real lunch breaks were frowned on, while multiple smoke breaks of other staff were the norm.

Lahey Health Behavioral Services favored profits over staff and clients.
Pros
I enjoyed providing therapy for the clients
Cons
Un-importance of therapy, Hr, management, unreasonable expectations, poor training...
productive work enviroment
Medical Records Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Haverhill, ma22 July 2015
During my day at work, I make charts for new patients, I answer phones, I file charts, filing,data entry, among other tasks
I learned the importance of time management in order to complete all tasks in a timely manner
Management works as a team to help employees when needed in various situations
My co-workers are awesome to work with and are always willing to help me out if I need it
The hardest part of my job is ensuring all therapists have accurate updated files in order to efficiently help their patients
The most enjoyable part of my job is helping my co-workers throughout the day

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lahey Health Behavioral Services. Our community is ready to answer.