LafargeHolcim logo
LafargeHolcim

LafargeHolcim Employee Reviews

Found 443 reviews matching the searchSee all 2,889 reviews

Very family oriented company excellent work life balance

I use to be a long haul truck driver. I took this job because I now have custody of my 5yr old son.(full time single Dad.). So glad I did. I now work days and have my weekends off. Also management works with me on my start times which allows me to work around my babysitters schedule. I have honestly never worked for a company that is so accommodating and understanding . So grateful to Lafarge So happy and proud to work here

Pros

Great work life balance

Stressful

Everyday you do something wrong constantly pushed down, making you not want to be there. People are constantly on stress leave because of how your treated, supervisor praises safety all the time but in the end only wants numbers, employees constantly complain about wanting to leave, if you learn a little slower than the rest you'll get yelled at, in a nutshell don't see or hear people lineing up there to get a job.

Misinformation/falsities.

Was on a contract where I was told I would be given two weeks notice before any changes in schedule due to production, including lay-off. Got pulled into the office at 2 pm (for a 6-6 shift) and told I was being laid off immediately, without notice. If job security is what you're looking for in a company, avoid being a contract worker for LafargeHolciom Canada.

Not a great place to work.

An Organization in constant disarray. Constant turnover of management due to very poor Sr Leadership and lack of accountability. A highly reactive culture where there is an over-abundance of initiatives started by Sr Management with no implementation strategy or support. The atmosphere is typically chaotic with a emphasis on turnover to meet the demands rather than demands that fit a very unsophisticated organization that can’t execute basic functions. The employee’s get little to no support and are treated with little respect. More of Ma Pop shop than a organization.

Wonderful working atmosphere

Lafarge was a very well run operation, many opportunities to advance into bigger positions than scale or fill pit. Lovely people to work with, and an easy going environment. Loved working there!

My experience

Working at Lafarge was by far the best job I’ve ever done it may have been slow but I made my nights and days go by fast as I could I was a shingle operator working 12hour shifts 2days then 2 nights them 4 off was a good gig. My job title was to slow for my likings but over all a great place to work

Worked there 10 years.

Wouldn't really recommend especially in today's economy. Received an early lay off after being there for 10 years. Production over safety. Dealt with it first hand by watching safety being swept under the rug. Used to be a good company but younger management is making it a terrible place to work for.

Enjoyed working with the coworkers and management.

Home every day with a decent pay and benefits is great as a truck driver with training and experienced drivers to learn from makes work worthwhile. I would suggest this career to drivers who have experience driving and want to sleep in their own bed every night.

Too many office politics

There are too many office politics here. And upper management have their “favourites”. There was no work/life balance. Most employees literally stay late and even come into the office on a Sunday! Their payroll system is also a mess! There’s a new face almost bi-weekly.

Productive, professional, great and focused staff

I learned much during my time at Holcim, the pay was decent during that era and I was able to firm up my network. The downside is they only offered short term contracts instead of permanent full-time positions.

Jobs at LafargeHolcim

See more jobs

Fast paced professional atmosphere

The day begins with a pre-trip inspection of the truck you will be driving that day. I receive a ticket with the customer name, address of delivery site and description of the type of concrete to be delivered. Then the truck is loaded and off to the site. Once on site I safely discharge the concrete and return to the plant where the process is repeated.

Productive Place to Work for

Good Company to work for. Although no road maps for career advancement. So management need to work on providing opportunities for career advancement. Have good ERPs' like Workday and SAP, so good to take experience for those ERPs' and move forward for career advancement.

Good job Fast paced work

Lots of hours during the season it is seasonal Learning new things, lots of on going safety training. like my coworkers, like the management. they care about there employees

Executive management is a joke

Some great people the blue collar workers. Communication sucks in regards to proper protocol. Training is a joke and most upper management are clueless living in a fantasy world. It’s not what you know. No matter what or how you kill yourself to get the job done, they want more. Perfection without proper training and support.

Incompetent management

This company has surrounded itself with GM’s that don’t have a clue how to run a company. They regularly fire dedicated employees a lot of them with 30+ years of service with this joke of a company. Just because some clueless GM doesn’t like them. Their big thing is if you can’t prove that you can make the tough decisions then you’re not management material. They run around trying to buy their customer’s with their credit cards and then gouge them with their products. They pamper themselves with thousands dollar team build dinners and cut spending on plants and equipment. This mismanagement is the reason this company looses hundreds of millions of dollars every year. If you’re looking for a lifelong career keep looking this company is not where you want to be.customers love and then gouging them with their

Production Worker

Heavy work for fair pay , I enjoy the aspect of knowing I’m paid fairly for the hours I labor. They also provide benefits and pension which is very nice

A leading company in the industry with reasonable pay and friendly managers.

Management is very kind. Work life balance and health & safety are on their priority list as always. Overall salary is not in the top but reasonable. Good experience to be honest.

Good paying job always ready to give someone a chance.

Good paying place to work with good benefits. Rules to provide safety for your own benefit. Always providing steady hours to their ability. Work slows down for the winter so that's something to prepare for.

Always Intense as fun is rarely achieved

Well, To be candid, my review is a just my perception about the entire working environment here and the managerial conception is practically not cultural based but individualistic driven.... Less human resources and worker relationship skip down which had lead to individual taking these lapses to infiltrate their ideological concept on workers.. But it is a great place to be as innovation is tied ti greatness

Pros

nonenon

Diligent and good with people

An early start to review what the day holds and allow the initial work to be done, so my attention can tend to what each day provides. By starting early there is additional time at days end to bring together all of tasks that needed to be accomplished.

Overall good place to work. I worked at a pit so it was a slower paced job with long hours. Staff and management very pleasant and good to work for. Would’ve preferred 8 hour days instead of 12

Ask a question about working or interviewing at LafargeHolcim. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

1.2K