LafargeHolcim logo
LafargeHolcim
Happiness score is 54 out of 100Below average

LafargeHolcim Employee Reviews

Found 443 reviews matching the searchSee all 2,890 reviews

Very family oriented company excellent work life balance

I use to be a long haul truck driver. I took this job because I now have custody of my 5yr old son.(full time single Dad.). So glad I did. I now work days and have my weekends off. Also management works with me on my start times which allows me to work around my babysitters schedule. I have honestly never worked for a company that is so accommodating and understanding . So grateful to Lafarge So happy and proud to work here

Pros

Great work life balance

Environnement agréable

Bonnes relations entre les membres de l'équipe de qualité, compétitive, agréable, camaraderie.

Very busy in summer months

The boss is very nice. Clients are friendly.....1 coworker is nasty. Busy in summer months partialy closed in the winter months open when needed accepts the Snow.

Blah

Management is a joke in every regard. There is zero job security. Don’t expect any time off. Don’t expect to be appreciated at any point. People are lazy and just don’t want to work.

productive work place, encourages collaboration, social interaction, diversity, and inclusion

Loved working at LafargeHolcim unfortunately it was on a term employment. I have managed to establish lasting relationships in and outside the workplace.

I like working in Arthur more relaxed please in the country

The people I work with are a great bunch it has good days and bad days we deliver cement to jobs in a safe and on time and interaked with Forman on site

Pros

Fresh air good summer hour's

Cons

Not enough hours in the winter to pay bills b

Not the best job, but....

If you think that you experienced everything bad in your life, you are wrong. You have to meet superintendent of Calgary precast plant. If I continue to write it would be wasting of your and my time. You don’t want to work for that kind of person !

good

regular day is work, learned equipment utilization and maintenance. Regular blue collar environment typical of most mines. Long hours, decent pay, can work for as much money as you want.

Amazing multicultural environment

Every day was an interesting day at LafargeHolcim as I dealt with employee relations, HR operational activities, payroll, union agreements and benefits. I enjoyed the variety and face paced environment while working with peers and colleagues from different parts of the world. It was not always easy, but my team and I were resilient and persevered through the many challenges.

Pros

Flexible work schedules, great benefits, great work environment

Cons

long days

work life

The work life balance needs to be addressed. There have been many headcount reductions over recent years with no reduction in job responsibilities leading to tired teams.

Jobs at LafargeHolcim

See more jobs

Good company which gives opportunities for advancement

The company gives lots of opportunities for advancement. The work day may be exhausting some times and needs to work over time once in a while, but generally a good place to work.

Excellent

Excellent place to work. Company care for their employees and best benefits. Good management. Fun environment and lots of activities during the year, Too much stress on health & safety

Nice Company to work at

Nice Company to work at with Job/skills is at challenge with the kind of complexity here, however the Environment is nice to work. Staff / Team is friendly and supportive. Location is brilliant. Pay Scales are not that bad

Great job, make the change

Daily duties include; pre-trip equipment, load, mix and deliver concrete to costumers.It could be a construction sites, residential streets or in the middle of downtown at rush hour. Everyday is a different day

Pros

Great pay, fairly new trucks, all ppe provided. Big safety program.

Cons

Long summer hours. Cold temperatures in the winter

Prefer not to give review

Good experience other than working with the odd lunatic. A lot more waiting around than actual work but sometimes that is expected in construction. Would work with them again but not the same crew I was with nor doing the same job I had.

my review

Is a great company to work for however due to moving do not want to commute. The days changed as I moved locations for them allot. Could be scaling operators and then filing/bookwork. Or at a different location depending on the weather could be vice versa. The job was good as the people were very nice and helpful in training and if an emergency came up were always there to count on. Hardest part was bouncing from location to location.

tarvail Lafarge

très bel esprit d'équipe. Était contractuel via agence de placement

Poor culture

Bad experience. It's not what you know, but who you know. Lots of back stabbing to get ahead. Very unprofessional organization at Operational level. Still some good people there in HR.

Productive and competitive

LafargeHolcim is a good company to work for with competitive benefit. It requires self-motivated and detail oriented employees who can handle pleasure and multi-tasks in order to complete assigned tasks on time.

Good company to work for.

Enjoyed working for this company. The long hours was my only complaint, however it was known prior to hire. Great management, and a fun environment to work.

Nothing more

Nothing more to say., it was a good experiece working on the Calgary SEST ring road, didn’t do much after that , i went on to do subdivision work but ended up driving truck hauling equipment more than I did operating equipment.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at LafargeHolcim. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

1.2K