LafargeHolcim logo
LafargeHolcim

LafargeHolcim Employee Reviews

Found 443 reviews matching the searchSee all 2,890 reviews

Very family oriented company excellent work life balance

I use to be a long haul truck driver. I took this job because I now have custody of my 5yr old son.(full time single Dad.). So glad I did. I now work days and have my weekends off. Also management works with me on my start times which allows me to work around my babysitters schedule. I have honestly never worked for a company that is so accommodating and understanding . So grateful to Lafarge So happy and proud to work here

Pros

Great work life balance

The worst company that I have had the misfortune of working for

Lafarge is generally considered to be a world leader in construction right?? Well they might be in other markets but in Saskatoon they are disorganized, dishonest, and do not value their employees contributions, any employee is expendable, totally profit driven, with a profit at all cost attitude. Lafarge will portray that safety is their number 1 value, this is total lip service, they are only concerned with profit. Any construction company out there is better to work for than this place, passing on applying here in Saskatoon is a great decision, you won’t be disappointed.

Pros

I can’t think of any!

Cons

Long hours, zero recognition, corrupt upper management.

Administration

When I received the 1st call from Lafarge I was thrilled. They had a rep of being an amazing company to work for with long careers and growth opportunities. I went through 4 interviews and in the end was offered a role I was excited to be a part of. Put my 2 weeks in at my current role, officially leaving my other job to start with them. I worked with them less than a month before being placed on a temporary layoff with a verbal expression of how much they wanted me back asap and not to find another role. Due to the circumstances at the time, I was prepared for this and completely understood. What I wasn't prepared for was the complete lack of support or empathy this massive company and management - who was still in great condition - would show for me as their employee. They kept me on the temp layoff for a couple of months before letting me go permanently with no conversation, support to find another role or a letter of recommendation - nothing! Not even an official dismissal letter! I went from having a secure job - the one I had left for them is still thriving - to having no job. The worst part was as everything opened back up and they opened their office again, they posted my role for rehire. I was still unemployed. Expectations - work late and long hours to be noticed / respected.

Pros

Opportunities, Benefits, Salary

Cons

Management, Ethics, Work/Life Balance

Endless opportunities

They reward smart, hard workers who take initiative. Such a big company with opportunities for anyone to be challenged at any level. Operators, drivers, supervisors, and administration needed at most levels. Team atmosphere.

Pros

Fair pay. Variety of roles once your in.

Cons

Operations can be chaotic at times.

Hire & Fire Culture

I excitedly accepted a Job after a quick but intensive interview process. I joined the company looking forward to a long term career however my dreams were quickly crushed. After spending a month with the company my employment was terminated. I received no constructive feedback along the way and was under the impression that the job was going well. I was never given a reason for my termination. A short while later I received a call from a vendor who hadn't realized my termination had been terminated. After a short discussion with the individual I learned that the company had churned through 4 different individual in my role over a 7 month period.

Pros

Good Pay

Cons

Terrible culture

Shop foreman and manager are all about themselves!!!

Back stabbing shop foreman, terrible direct management!!! Stay away!!!! Good to your face until you turn around. Favouritism is abundant!! Forman talks bad behind your back, you get accused of things you have nothing to do with!!!

Pros

Decent wage for trades

Cons

Manager will stab you in the back

Terrible company

Terrible management. Terrible pay. You’re just a grunt to them. They don’t appreciate anything other then their bonuses at the end of the year. Managers there really don’t have any idea how to do the job correctly and safely. They have friends in the ministry of labor that will always give them a heads up if there is an inspection happening. Just an all around terrible company. Inside and out.

Pros

No pros.

Cons

Tons of cons.

Great people great work atmosphere demanding work management had time to help you be more productive at what your doing well maintained equipment. Overall a great place to work

Pros

Great people

Cons

Not year round

Slave drivers

Do not work here.. Bad place and very unprofessional managers. They treat you like poo when something doesn't go there way. Safety ia issue every job you go to, you are left to fend for yourself..

Cons

Good salary and benefits, Bad management and communications

Overall the job experience is good salary is good and benefits are amazing but the management where I worked was very disorganized and very bad at communicating with both the workers and themselves.

Pros

Benifits, salary, job experience

Cons

Management, stress, toxic environment

Jobs at LafargeHolcim

See more jobs

Good workplace

I like the work i do at Lafarage, the people whome i work is so nice and helpful. The management is so good. All in all the work environment and management is so good

Pros

Tea and coffee

Cons

It was a very productive career I enjoyed it while I was there

It was a very productive career I enjoyed it while I was thereIf it wasn’t for upper management stealing I probably still would’ve been there but I don’t like a thief

Pros

Management would try to bribe you

Cons

Friends of management can do anything they want to do even had a key for the plant

Good company in general

Work environment is friendly, upper management is a bit incompetent sometimes with useless thing they put in place work wise.Globaly I recommend and find that lafarge in a good company to work for.

Pros

insurance plan

Cons

machinery, salaries

Unsafe unprofessional demanding stressful

Poor management. Lots of safety training to cover themselves not to protect you. Very little of safety training practiced on site. Constant pressure on production not on safety

Pros

Good money

Cons

Abuse harrassment bullying especially by Belizeans.

Toxic Winnipeg Office

Your job is never as it is described in the interview. The interviewer was more worried about bashing previous employees. Training is non existant, there is no local support. HR is outsource to Columbia. For the most part, the workers in the plants are friendly and a joy to work with, but the the office staff will cut your throat before you even get settled. Management is for the most part oblivious and being mislead by the Operation.

Pros

plant workers are friendly and supportive

Cons

No work life balnce

I was working in India with this group, really appreciable

I really love to work with this group again. They really promote the colleagues. This group has a very gentil staff (employees). They take care of human as well as equipments safety. Thier goal is quality production with zero harm .

Rampant corporate hypocrisy , trust is a major problem

Company doesn't Maintain trucks and shows little respect to employees and their own policies. Trucks are run down and if you insist on repair, you stay home without pay when truck is in shop. Inconsistent hours, too many some week very few in others. Managers who disregard safety policies. Mangers who cannot be trusted. There are a lot of good people who work there unfortunately, it is the unscrupulous who succeed with promotion

Pros

Decent pay

Cons

Poor quality trucks

I wouldn't apply here unless I knew someone high up in management, or you'll see yourself going nowhere fast.

Old school ways of thinking, and nepotism ruined what was shaping up to be a long and fruitful career. Employees will use any little bit of power given to them to make it to the next level . Bullying and discrimination are largely ignored by Human Resources.

Pros

income of up to and even exceeding 100k a year

Cons

long hours and shift from nights to days

Awful place to work, ungrateful dangerous shift work

Extremel nepotism, too many bosses, top heavy. No emphasis on safety. Ask staff to work too quickly, no matter the danger of the road being worked on. One guy gets no slack for wrecking 13 trucks, One guy does $30,000 damage to a building with no repercussions . then three guys with impeccable records were fired after minor incidents that didn’t cause any company costs. Don’t even apply

Pros

Cons

Stay away... unless you’re a family member or friend

amazing environment

beyond friendly and welcoming staff amazing days at working outside beyond great atmosphere to stay in shape and keep physcially fit at all times no matter job

Poor work culture and no integrity

Management did not follow the company rules or their own policies. Employees constantly complained to each other, but were afraid to question management because they did not want to get terminated or laid-off.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at LafargeHolcim. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

1.2K