LafargeHolcim logo
LafargeHolcim

LafargeHolcim Employee Reviews for Loader Operator

Found 11 reviews matching the searchSee all 2,889 reviews

Good company in general

Work environment is friendly, upper management is a bit incompetent sometimes with useless thing they put in place work wise.Globaly I recommend and find that lafarge in a good company to work for.

Pros

insurance plan

Cons

machinery, salaries

Unsafe unprofessional demanding stressful

Poor management. Lots of safety training to cover themselves not to protect you. Very little of safety training practiced on site. Constant pressure on production not on safety

Pros

Good money

Cons

Abuse harrassment bullying especially by Belizeans.

it was a great place to work

It was a great place to work. The only problem was it was seasonal and I didn't get a call back for the following year. I would have liked to continue working for them.

Poor managment ,unsafe

Very unsafe total lack of safety standards, continues shut downs ,way too much gossip.working on the barge offloading environmental issues dead fish every where but when I reported it they did nothing

Good paying job always ready to give someone a chance.

Good paying place to work with good benefits. Rules to provide safety for your own benefit. Always providing steady hours to their ability. Work slows down for the winter so that's something to prepare for.

Bad management, favor picking

Not going to recommend this place to work at unless you have no self worth and like to be a door mat. I spent many years with this company only to watch it go down hill starting with the bail out by holcim. I could live comfortably on the amount of money wasted every day, to over 15 fatalities. The bullying tactic is old guys so what's with the constant threats of termination? I have seen some good people leave ,others let go for no reason and some fired for having different views. They say that they care but it's all about image, they say they operate safe, and I would too with so many fatalities, cameras in the trucks is a total waste of companies money because hand held devices and a massive monitor is not legal to be used as it is a distraction which makes the driver at fault..SO WHY ARE THEY IN THE TRUCKS. No managers have that in their trucks, they can drive anyway they so choose too without discipline. For instance the day we went golfing one Friday and consumed quite a bit of alcohol and drove home after. I would personally suggest using a alternate company which can supply you a better quality product. Remember this company has been connected to funding terrorism that should speak for itself. Holcim should take a visit to canada and take a first hand look at where there money is going before it's all gone..

Pros

Not there anymore

Cons

great place to work if management would get their act together

Enjoyed the work and the co-workers but the management was always changing to people that did not know anything about what we did. The wages were a bit low for the job but overtime every week makes up for it.

Pros

co-workers

Cons

Bosses that know nothing about the business.

Don't work for this company. Management knows nothing and blames you.

Management changes every year. And non of them know what they are doing. They have fired for what they call business reasons. So no mater how long you work there you can be fired for no reason. Coworker are great but always have their back against a wall. Paris low for the work expected. Only safety they care about is covering their own butt.

Pros

Good coworker

Cons

Management is always pointing fingers

Worked for 20 years , no Xmas bonus, no guarenteed hours

This company only worries about the share holders and treat us as only a number. Disorganized never know from day to day what you will be doing or where.

Pros

Great benefits

Cons

Hours inconsistant

great to work for when busy

don't respect a 25 yr employee , lay off aprox 8 mths , no Xmas bonus or chicken money...no warning of lay off. Very Union strong, benefits were pretty good

Pros

Great when busy

Cons

Lay off 8 mths

Jobs at LafargeHolcim