LafargeHolcim logo
LafargeHolcim

LafargeHolcim Employee Reviews for Laborer

Found 17 reviews matching the searchSee all 2,890 reviews

amazing environment

beyond friendly and welcoming staff amazing days at working outside beyond great atmosphere to stay in shape and keep physcially fit at all times no matter job

Great benefits & payment if you're willing to work long hours

Excellent communication and teamwork. However, this is a unionized environment which can make moving ahead time consuming and tasks repetitive. Management did recognize handwork with lunches/other benefits once in a while.

Not the best job, but....

If you think that you experienced everything bad in your life, you are wrong. You have to meet superintendent of Calgary precast plant. If I continue to write it would be wasting of your and my time. You don’t want to work for that kind of person !

Stressful

Everyday you do something wrong constantly pushed down, making you not want to be there. People are constantly on stress leave because of how your treated, supervisor praises safety all the time but in the end only wants numbers, employees constantly complain about wanting to leave, if you learn a little slower than the rest you'll get yelled at, in a nutshell don't see or hear people lineing up there to get a job.

Horrible

Poorly managed. Not enough tools/safety gear provided for the amount of workers - this leads to other workers stealing for coworkers to get their job done.

Pros

Fair wage

Just a job nothing more

Too much family in the company ruins everything forget advancement. Skill, experience, qualifications, tickets years of service forget that stuff it is meaningless. Cousins, uncles brothers it’s like hillbillies there Most can’t run or utilize equipment but that’s the kind they put in the seat ( relatives )...... ask anyone who has worked at LafargeHolcim they will tell you the same. Outsiders should apply elsewhere.not to mention the backstabbing two faced throughout.

Pros

Seasonal

Cons

Hillbilly culture

Do not work here unless you want to be treated like you don’t matter

Management doesn’t listen to the employees concerns, only cares about safety when OH&S are around and/or the safety audit week is happening. We all had to work in +10 health risk air quality during the BC fires, everyone was coughing and nothing was provided to us to stop all the smoke going in our lungs, meanwhile the bosses were sitting in their cushiony offices and trucks. Management makes lots of promises, doesn’t follow through. No room to climb the work ladder, promotions are hard to get meanwhile they will happily hire on new people to take the position you were working so hard for. The only good thing about this job was the other labourers I met. Made some great friends. Would not recommend working here! Look elsewhere first, make this your last resort.

Pros

Great friendly co-workers.

Cons

Long hours, management doesn’t care about employees, no work/life balance. Seasonal.

Great employer

Experience working at Lafarge Canada in Brookfield was great. Management takes care to ensure a safe, fair workspace for all employees. Plenty of breaks and respect for personal limits. Employees come before production and there was always immense respect for the workers from management.

Great group of guys to work with

No room for advancement! Too many supervisors and not enough workers. Great pay but that doesn’t outweigh the politics. If you’re looking to advance up the corporate ladder this isn’t the place

Pros

Solid pay

Good summer job

Good pay, horrendous hours. Its weird that we have to do these reviews, particularly for a blue collar position. Hard work, good money and benefits, 12 - 14 hrs/day, 6 days plus a week.

Pros

good money

Cons

insane hours

Jobs at LafargeHolcim

Laborer positions
See more jobs

Employers and co workers are great to work for/with. Messy, physically demanding job, will keep you in shape. The employers are very understanding and fair when it comes to family Hard hats and other safety equipment provided

fellow workers

the group of people or crew I worked with, we had a good friendship and fellow workers relationship which the daily tasks enjoyable. also the after work friendships helped.

Working at Lafarge is a routine. Everyday is the same.

I think the hardest part of the job is when I shovel wet piles of rocks outside the plant and it is snowing.Most of the time, you'll be cleaning inside but it is very loud and noisy since the machines are on. The place is also dusty.

it was a good place to work

if i needed help with any thing i was doing they helped me i was a grate place to be working with the people the boss men all ways came to see if the crew needs anything

If your not a smoker and you boss is, you better start smoking to keep your job

Sadly, it's like highschool..Also, if they don't like you. They get rid of you. Doesn't matter if your a hard worker that takes pride in their work..if you don't have the same interests as the manager you might as well not even bother to apply for the job.good company but left in the wrong hands of management, they act like they can do anything they want and get away with it

Pros

Pay

Cons

Many

Fun,Healthy and safe

We work as a team or crew, each of us have different jobs that needs to be done in a day if we can. We all work together to get the job done. I learned a lot from Lafarge for example using cranes, finishing concrete, using lots of tools that i never use before. Other than that before everyone starts working you need to fill up Field Level Risk Assessment ( FLRA ) which identify your tools or PPE or Personal Protective Equipment that you will need to use for your task or job on that day always safety first. Management is good we get our 8hrs or more each day and they give us lots of free stuff like sweaters, t-shirt ,fun activities and we get 2 weeks paid vacation base on seniority you can get more in a year. Hardest part of the job is the Layoff, when theres no job and order. The most enjoyable part was the activities they put in anyone in lafarge can join and your family.

Pros

Rushing the job

Cons

Layoff

Fun work environment

Physically demanding, long hours but fun atmosphere. Management is a little unorganized.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at LafargeHolcim. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

1.2K