LafargeHolcim
Coronavirus update

LafargeHolcim Employee Reviews for Laborer

Laborer17 reviews
Canada17 reviews
beyond friendly and welcoming staff amazing days at working outside beyond great atmosphere to stay in shape and keep physcially fit at all times no matter job
Excellent communication and teamwork. However, this is a unionized environment which can make moving ahead time consuming and tasks repetitive. Management did recognize handwork with lunches/other benefits once in a while.
If you think that you experienced everything bad in your life, you are wrong. You have to meet superintendent of Calgary precast plant. If I continue to write it would be wasting of your and my time. You don’t want to work for that kind of person !
Everyday you do something wrong constantly pushed down, making you not want to be there. People are constantly on stress leave because of how your treated, supervisor praises safety all the time but in the end only wants numbers, employees constantly complain about wanting to leave, if you learn a little slower than the rest you'll get yelled at, in a nutshell don't see or hear people lineing up there to get a job.
Poorly managed. Not enough tools/safety gear provided for the amount of workers - this leads to other workers stealing for coworkers to get their job done.
Pros
Fair wage
Cons
Too much family in the company ruins everything forget advancement. Skill, experience, qualifications, tickets years of service forget that stuff it is meaningless. Cousins, uncles brothers it’s like hillbillies there
Most can’t run or utilize equipment but that’s the kind they put in the seat ( relatives )...... ask anyone who has worked at LafargeHolcim they will tell you the same.

Outsiders should apply elsewhere.not to mention the backstabbing two faced throughout.
Pros
Seasonal
Cons
Hillbilly culture
Management doesn’t listen to the employees concerns, only cares about safety when OH&S are around and/or the safety audit week is happening. We all had to work in +10 health risk air quality during the BC fires, everyone was coughing and nothing was provided to us to stop all the smoke going in our lungs, meanwhile the bosses were sitting in their cushiony offices and trucks. Management makes lots of promises, doesn’t follow through. No room to climb the work ladder, promotions are hard to get meanwhile they will happily hire on new people to take the position you were working so hard for.
The only good thing about this job was the other labourers I met. Made some great friends.

Would not recommend working here! Look elsewhere first, make this your last resort.
Pros
Great friendly co-workers.
Cons
Long hours, management doesn’t care about employees, no work/life balance. Seasonal.
Experience working at Lafarge Canada in Brookfield was great. Management takes care to ensure a safe, fair workspace for all employees. Plenty of breaks and respect for personal limits. Employees come before production and there was always immense respect for the workers from management.
No room for advancement! Too many supervisors and not enough workers. Great pay but that doesn’t outweigh the politics. If you’re looking to advance up the corporate ladder this isn’t the place
Pros
Solid pay
Cons
Good pay, horrendous hours. Its weird that we have to do these reviews, particularly for a blue collar position. Hard work, good money and benefits, 12 - 14 hrs/day, 6 days plus a week.
Pros
good money
Cons
insane hours
Employers and co workers are great to work for/with.
Messy, physically demanding job, will keep you in shape.

The employers are very understanding and fair when it comes to family

Hard hats and other safety equipment provided
the group of people or crew I worked with, we had a good friendship and fellow workers relationship which the daily tasks enjoyable.
also the after work friendships helped.
I think the hardest part of the job is when I shovel wet piles of rocks outside the plant and it is snowing.Most of the time, you'll be cleaning inside but it is very loud and noisy since the machines are on. The place is also dusty.
if i needed help with any thing i was doing they helped me i was a grate place to be working with the people
the boss men all ways came to see if the crew needs anything
Sadly, it's like highschool..Also, if they don't like you. They get rid of you. Doesn't matter if your a hard worker that takes pride in their work..if you don't have the same interests as the manager you might as well not even bother to apply for the job.good company but left in the wrong hands of management, they act like they can do anything they want and get away with it
Pros
Pay
Cons
Many
We work as a team or crew, each of us have different jobs that needs to be done in a day if we can. We all work together to get the job done. I learned a lot from Lafarge for example using cranes, finishing concrete, using lots of tools that i never use before. Other than that before everyone starts working you need to fill up Field Level Risk Assessment ( FLRA ) which identify your tools or PPE or Personal Protective Equipment that you will need to use for your task or job on that day always safety first. Management is good we get our 8hrs or more each day and they give us lots of free stuff like sweaters, t-shirt ,fun activities and we get 2 weeks paid vacation base on seniority you can get more in a year. Hardest part of the job is the Layoff, when theres no job and order. The most enjoyable part was the activities they put in anyone in lafarge can join and your family.
Pros
Rushing the job
Cons
Layoff
Physically demanding, long hours but fun atmosphere. Management is a little unorganized.