LafargeHolcim
How has this company responded to COVID‑19?
Learn more

LafargeHolcim Employee Reviews in Toronto, ON

Toronto, ON33 reviews
Loved working at LafargeHolcim unfortunately it was on a term employment. I have managed to establish lasting relationships in and outside the workplace.
The work life balance needs to be addressed. There have been many headcount reductions over recent years with no reduction in job responsibilities leading to tired teams.
Very Good Work Environment. Whole SAP team of LafargeHolcim is fabulous and it was good to be part of the SAP team. The Business counter parts in USA and Good are too good.
Overall company is slow on adoption new technology and lots of managment changes has happen in past 2-3 years which has resulted in lot of gap . Work and Life balance wise i would say that this is ok.
Pretty good company to work for. First few years you will be laid off over winter months , low man will get older trucks money is pretty good and expect to work 13-14 hrs a day
Pros
Money not bad
Cons
Sometimes long hours / driving downtown Toronto if that's your yard
Workplace culture is good. Company culture is important to employers too because workers who fit in with the company culture are likely to not only be happier, but more productive. When an employee fits in with the culture, they are also likely to want to work for that company for longer. Thus, employers can improve productivity and employee retention through a strong office culture.
Legacy Holcim Technology was a great company to work. However the company has changed after the merger. Now it's part of LafargeHolcim group. The management team has changed.
Good company with major changes post merger. No clear culture and there are still misalignments such as job titles are not consistent and the compensation plan has been been drastically changed.
Pros
Salary
Cons
No work/life balance
Working at Lafarge was interesting and a good learning curve to new employees that wanted to work in a corporation. Interesting staff members and great management.
Pros
Lots of free lunches on Fridays.
Cons
Lay offs for construction employees.
My experience at LafargeHolcim was that of a co-op student. As a quality control administrator, I was responsible for organizing and recording test results into a data entry software. I also made different concrete samples using different chemical.
Pros
Interesting Work
Cons
Poor wages
If you're working at franceschini depot, the people are amazing.

Management however is a monkey show. Benefits are laughable for such a huge company.

Supervisors will have you doing a million different jobs that are not discussed at the beginning of your employment but you have to do them anyways.

Pay is horrendous. Unfair and just ridiculous. Really low pay for such a huge company
Pros
Great working hours
Cons
No over time, no team work, little pay
Productive Place To Work & Enhance Carrer, New Career Bldg, plans and projects to work. Contious encouragement from management to engage into new projects.

Working with people of diverse cultures and background

Health and safety conscious

Bonuses are paid

Engagement of staff frequently
Pros
payment of salaries on time
Cons
n/a
not so great company to work for no much advancement pay was great and yearly bonus but no job protection and I worked evenings and weekends it was very stressful but I enjoyed my job so I stayed
the culture has been changed since organization change and merge.
loyal employees are starting to leave.

can't keep fresh people.

Giant company; globalization; Cost cutting; Tight budget;
one two three four five six seven eight nine ten eleven twelve. apple bob chris david edward frank george harry indigo jungle kilo mike nicolas octopus
Pros
Wfh
Cons
One two three
- Supportive staff
- excellent Management

- Great communication between head office and staff

- Enjoyable working environment

- Ability to work from home during bad weather
Pros
All good
Cons
Nothing to report
Workday go live day at LafargeHolcim was a challenging and exciting day and I was able to Complete all assigned task in tight timelines.
Pros
Free Dinner
Cons
Long Hours.
Demonstrating my performances at Larfarge, it allowed me gain knowledge and experience of the workplace, co workers were friendly and supportive
Its a powerful and strong company around the glob which has potential to be best on any aspects. It is following high standards to prevent work injuries.
Pros
Organaisational culture
Cons
Generalize its culture to everyone
We start the day with a review of our tool box, schedule work according to project plan. Work are done as a team under a team lead, and under a foreman.Management meetings are held bi-weekly were we present performance report. The hardest part of the work is during initiation when we are trying to develop the project plan. The most enjoyable part is when we meet our project objective