LafargeHolcim logo
LafargeHolcim
Happiness score is 54 out of 100Below average

LafargeHolcim Employee Reviews in Toronto, ON

Found 33 reviews matching the searchSee all 2,890 reviews

productive work place, encourages collaboration, social interaction, diversity, and inclusion

Loved working at LafargeHolcim unfortunately it was on a term employment. I have managed to establish lasting relationships in and outside the workplace.

work life

The work life balance needs to be addressed. There have been many headcount reductions over recent years with no reduction in job responsibilities leading to tired teams.

Very Good Work Environment

Very Good Work Environment. Whole SAP team of LafargeHolcim is fabulous and it was good to be part of the SAP team. The Business counter parts in USA and Good are too good.

Slow adoption

Overall company is slow on adoption new technology and lots of managment changes has happen in past 2-3 years which has resulted in lot of gap . Work and Life balance wise i would say that this is ok.

Cement truck operator

Pretty good company to work for. First few years you will be laid off over winter months , low man will get older trucks money is pretty good and expect to work 13-14 hrs a day

Pros

Money not bad

Cons

Sometimes long hours / driving downtown Toronto if that's your yard

Workplace culture is good

Workplace culture is good. Company culture is important to employers too because workers who fit in with the company culture are likely to not only be happier, but more productive. When an employee fits in with the culture, they are also likely to want to work for that company for longer. Thus, employers can improve productivity and employee retention through a strong office culture.

It was a great company to work

Legacy Holcim Technology was a great company to work. However the company has changed after the merger. Now it's part of LafargeHolcim group. The management team has changed.

Ways to Grow

Good company with major changes post merger. No clear culture and there are still misalignments such as job titles are not consistent and the compensation plan has been been drastically changed.

Pros

Salary

Cons

No work/life balance

Excellent workplace.

Working at Lafarge was interesting and a good learning curve to new employees that wanted to work in a corporation. Interesting staff members and great management.

Pros

Lots of free lunches on Fridays.

Cons

Lay offs for construction employees.

Tough and Rewarding

My experience at LafargeHolcim was that of a co-op student. As a quality control administrator, I was responsible for organizing and recording test results into a data entry software. I also made different concrete samples using different chemical.

Pros

Interesting Work

Cons

Poor wages

Jobs at LafargeHolcim

in Toronto, ON
See more jobs

Franceschini brothers

If you're working at franceschini depot, the people are amazing. Management however is a monkey show. Benefits are laughable for such a huge company. Supervisors will have you doing a million different jobs that are not discussed at the beginning of your employment but you have to do them anyways. Pay is horrendous. Unfair and just ridiculous. Really low pay for such a huge company

Pros

Great working hours

Cons

No over time, no team work, little pay

Productive Place to Wrok

Productive Place To Work & Enhance Carrer, New Career Bldg, plans and projects to work. Contious encouragement from management to engage into new projects.

fun place to work

Great place to work Working with people of diverse cultures and background Health and safety conscious Bonuses are paid Engagement of staff frequently

Pros

payment of salaries on time

Cons

n/a

not so great

not so great company to work for no much advancement pay was great and yearly bonus but no job protection and I worked evenings and weekends it was very stressful but I enjoyed my job so I stayed

overall, not a company for pursuing long term career

the culture has been changed since organization change and merge. loyal employees are starting to leave. can't keep fresh people. Giant company; globalization; Cost cutting; Tight budget;

one two three

one two three four five six seven eight nine ten eleven twelve. apple bob chris david edward frank george harry indigo jungle kilo mike nicolas octopus

Pros

Wfh

Cons

One two three

Great Place to work

- Supportive staff - excellent Management - Great communication between head office and staff - Enjoyable working environment - Ability to work from home during bad weather

Pros

All good

Cons

Nothing to report

Workday Go Live day

Workday go live day at LafargeHolcim was a challenging and exciting day and I was able to Complete all assigned task in tight timelines.

Pros

Free Dinner

Cons

Long Hours.

Demonstrating my performances at Larfarge, it allowed me gain knowledge and experience of the workplace, co workers were friendly and supportive

Dynamic and multinational workplace

Its a powerful and strong company around the glob which has potential to be best on any aspects. It is following high standards to prevent work injuries.

Pros

Organaisational culture

Cons

Generalize its culture to everyone

good work culture and friendly team work

We start the day with a review of our tool box, schedule work according to project plan. Work are done as a team under a team lead, and under a foreman.Management meetings are held bi-weekly were we present performance report. The hardest part of the work is during initiation when we are trying to develop the project plan. The most enjoyable part is when we meet our project objective

Ask a question about working or interviewing at LafargeHolcim. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

1.2K