LafargeHolcim logo
LafargeHolcim

LafargeHolcim Employee Reviews in Concord, ON

Found 21 reviews matching the searchSee all 2,890 reviews

Productive, professional, great and focused staff

I learned much during my time at Holcim, the pay was decent during that era and I was able to firm up my network. The downside is they only offered short term contracts instead of permanent full-time positions.

Very comfortable working Environment

It gives you opportunity to learn and grow. Employees are very friendly and Management is also good. It provides flexibility and healthy culture along with great people around you.

Review is outdated

I can only comment on the company pre-merger with Lafarge. At that time, most big decisions were made in the US, although much of the innovation for non-cement business was coming from Canada. Overall happy with the company.

Productive and great internal connection with all departments working together

We were able to work well with all departments as we all effected each other in one way or another. We worked well together and in many ways were as close as family, as we came from a much smaller office in Markham and together grew into a much larger organization, with respect and compassion, mostly.

Good large company

I was there for a brief period of time . They have very structured organization and well managed processes . They use very robust erp system . People are friendly

Work/Life is a myth

Working within Lafargeholcim you find immediately that 40 hours a week is not acceptable. To complete what is expected you will stay long hours and then work more once you get home. Those who do not follow this culture are swiftly replaced by someone who is willing to do so

Pros

Great perks

Cons

Work Life Balance is non existent

vendor data analyst

learn how to work with SAP meting deadlines good workplace culture great company to work with company has a lot of opportunities to develop professionally

Cons

long hours usually some saturdays to work

Lafarge no longer exists

Lafarge was bought by Holcim. The days of working the "Lafarge way" are over. Anyone who applies there should now look for Holcim reviews as Holcim does not have the same values as Lafarge did.

Great corporate culture

Great executive leadership and sponsorship. Client was very results-oriented, supportive and flexible. Virtually no politics involved, Teams I worked with were very practical.

Pros

Free lunches

Productive and fun,

I earned the experience, my days use to be busy never realized how the day passes every situation was a learning curve to me I enjoyed my job responsibilities

Pros

lerning curve to me

Jobs at LafargeHolcim

in Concord, ON
See more jobs

Fantastic Work Culture

Such a great environment to work in. The salary may not have been the highest but the culture makes up for the shortfall. I would recommend this company to anyone who is looking for a Brand who recognizes their employees.

Nice place to work

I learned great skills and enjoyed working in a team environment. The supervisors and colleagues were helpful and cooperative.

Great Opportunity

I worked at Lafarge on a contract basis. I enjoyed working here because I learned new computer programs, met some wonderful people, and was able to travel to other Lafarge locations in Canada.

friendly and committed to work attitude

Since first day at work I have seen welcoming attitude from supervisor to colleague. I have learnt a lot and got the chance to work with each person in the Procure to Pay department.

Pros

positive atmosphere and hardworking team

a good place for the beginer

it is a good place for the beginner and newcomer. But when you growup, you may want to leave as what you get is not equal to what you pay

Productive and fun

It is diverse workplace. I enjoyed going to work each day. It was more like fun and work. Staff were helpful and friendly. There were the odd days and weekends when I had to stay late and work to ensure that our customers were paid. Sometimes the SAP system will give problem but other than that all was good. The good part of the job was broadening my knowledge with SAP system and OCR. I enjoyed our morning huddles and our Friday lunch treat.

Good Firm Company

Although it is a good company and amazing friendly culture, it will take you very long to take those steps up in the career.

My role at Holcim was full time permanent

Holcim is a good place to work for. I had an excellent boss and my role let me use my SAP MM knowledge and also gave me an opportunity to work with SAP PS.

friendly and co-operative environment in a fast paced work place

Holcim Canada has a very friendly and co-operative accounts payable team and the work environment is fast paced. Targets has to be met to meet KPI (Key Performance Indicator) and SLA (Service Level Agreement).

Full of Energetic and Hardworking people

- continuous improvment all of cash applications team to manage inflow of over 30 million in cash every day.

Pros

Room to grow in long term

Cons

Far from Home

Daily updates for all contract work coming due. Reconcile old accounts to ensure payments applied correctly.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at LafargeHolcim. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

1.2K