LafargeHolcim
Here to help
Coronavirus update

LafargeHolcim Employee Reviews in Concord, ON

Concord, ON21 reviews
I learned much during my time at Holcim, the pay was decent during that era and I was able to firm up my network. The downside is they only offered short term contracts instead of permanent full-time positions.
It gives you opportunity to learn and grow. Employees are very friendly and Management is also good. It provides flexibility and healthy culture along with great people around you.
I can only comment on the company pre-merger with Lafarge. At that time, most big decisions were made in the US, although much of the innovation for non-cement business was coming from Canada. Overall happy with the company.
We were able to work well with all departments as we all effected each other in one way or another. We worked well together and in many ways were as close as family, as we came from a much smaller office in Markham and together grew into a much larger organization, with respect and compassion, mostly.
I was there for a brief period of time . They have very structured organization and well managed processes . They use very robust erp system . People are friendly
Working within Lafargeholcim you find immediately that 40 hours a week is not acceptable. To complete what is expected you will stay long hours and then work more once you get home. Those who do not follow this culture are swiftly replaced by someone who is willing to do so
Pros
Great perks
Cons
Work Life Balance is non existent
learn how to work with SAP

meting deadlines

good workplace culture

great company to work with

company has a lot of opportunities to develop professionally
Cons
long hours usually some saturdays to work
Lafarge was bought by Holcim. The days of working the "Lafarge way" are over. Anyone who applies there should now look for Holcim reviews as Holcim does not have the same values as Lafarge did.
Great executive leadership and sponsorship. Client was very results-oriented, supportive and flexible. Virtually no politics involved, Teams I worked with were very practical.
Pros
Free lunches
I earned the experience, my days use to be busy never realized how the day passes
every situation was a learning curve to me I enjoyed my job responsibilities
Pros
lerning curve to me
Such a great environment to work in. The salary may not have been the highest but the culture makes up for the shortfall. I would recommend this company to anyone who is looking for a Brand who recognizes their employees.
I learned great skills and enjoyed working in a team environment. The supervisors and colleagues were helpful and cooperative.
I worked at Lafarge on a contract basis. I enjoyed working here because I learned new computer programs, met some wonderful people, and was able to travel to other Lafarge locations in Canada.
Since first day at work I have seen welcoming attitude from supervisor to colleague. I have learnt a lot and got the chance to work with each person in the Procure to Pay department.
Pros
positive atmosphere and hardworking team
it is a good place for the beginner and newcomer. But when you growup, you may want to leave as what you get is not equal to what you pay
It is diverse workplace. I enjoyed going to work each day. It was more like fun and work. Staff were helpful and friendly.

There were the odd days and weekends when I had to stay late and work to ensure that our customers were paid.

Sometimes the SAP system will give problem but other than that all was good. The good part of the job was broadening my knowledge with SAP system and OCR.

I enjoyed our morning huddles and our Friday lunch treat.
Although it is a good company and amazing friendly culture, it will take you very long to take those steps up in the career.
Holcim is a good place to work for. I had an excellent boss and my role let me use my SAP MM knowledge and also gave me an opportunity to work with SAP PS.
Holcim Canada has a very friendly and co-operative accounts payable team and the work environment is fast paced. Targets has to be met to meet KPI (Key Performance Indicator) and SLA (Service Level Agreement).
- continuous improvment all of cash applications team to manage inflow of over 30 million in cash every day.
Pros
Room to grow in long term
Cons
Far from Home
Daily updates for all contract work coming due. Reconcile old accounts to ensure payments applied correctly.