LafargeHolcim logo
LafargeHolcim

LafargeHolcim Employee Reviews in Calgary, AB

Found 61 reviews matching the searchSee all 2,890 reviews

Good workplace

I like the work i do at Lafarage, the people whome i work is so nice and helpful. The management is so good. All in all the work environment and management is so good

Pros

Tea and coffee

Administration

When I received the 1st call from Lafarge I was thrilled. They had a rep of being an amazing company to work for with long careers and growth opportunities. I went through 4 interviews and in the end was offered a role I was excited to be a part of. Put my 2 weeks in at my current role, officially leaving my other job to start with them. I worked with them less than a month before being placed on a temporary layoff with a verbal expression of how much they wanted me back asap and not to find another role. Due to the circumstances at the time, I was prepared for this and completely understood. What I wasn't prepared for was the complete lack of support or empathy this massive company and management - who was still in great condition - would show for me as their employee. They kept me on the temp layoff for a couple of months before letting me go permanently with no conversation, support to find another role or a letter of recommendation - nothing! Not even an official dismissal letter! I went from having a secure job - the one I had left for them is still thriving - to having no job. The worst part was as everything opened back up and they opened their office again, they posted my role for rehire. I was still unemployed. Expectations - work late and long hours to be noticed / respected.

Pros

Opportunities, Benefits, Salary

Cons

Management, Ethics, Work/Life Balance

Unsafe unprofessional demanding stressful

Poor management. Lots of safety training to cover themselves not to protect you. Very little of safety training practiced on site. Constant pressure on production not on safety

Pros

Good money

Cons

Abuse harrassment bullying especially by Belizeans.

Great benefits & payment if you're willing to work long hours

Excellent communication and teamwork. However, this is a unionized environment which can make moving ahead time consuming and tasks repetitive. Management did recognize handwork with lunches/other benefits once in a while.

it was a great place to work

It was a great place to work. The only problem was it was seasonal and I didn't get a call back for the following year. I would have liked to continue working for them.

When it was just lafarge it was great

They used to value their employees and those who put in many years and dedication but not the same since they became Lafargeholcim, now employees are just numbers and not approached or sought out if they have qualifications for a higher position. Used to love this company but it’s has changed for the worse when it comes to how they treat their employees.

Pros

Benefits are good.

Cons

Long hours no appreciation

Not the best job, but....

If you think that you experienced everything bad in your life, you are wrong. You have to meet superintendent of Calgary precast plant. If I continue to write it would be wasting of your and my time. You don’t want to work for that kind of person !

Poor culture

Bad experience. It's not what you know, but who you know. Lots of back stabbing to get ahead. Very unprofessional organization at Operational level. Still some good people there in HR.

Nothing more

Nothing more to say., it was a good experiece working on the Calgary SEST ring road, didn’t do much after that , i went on to do subdivision work but ended up driving truck hauling equipment more than I did operating equipment.

Worked there 10 years.

Wouldn't really recommend especially in today's economy. Received an early lay off after being there for 10 years. Production over safety. Dealt with it first hand by watching safety being swept under the rug. Used to be a good company but younger management is making it a terrible place to work for.

Jobs at LafargeHolcim

in Calgary, AB
See more jobs

Good paying job always ready to give someone a chance.

Good paying place to work with good benefits. Rules to provide safety for your own benefit. Always providing steady hours to their ability. Work slows down for the winter so that's something to prepare for.

Good job, good people, results focused

It's a good organization but too focused on short term results. More focus on long term planning and vision is required for success. Lack of attention on people development.

Good Company but Unstable and Unsecured Jobs

High turnover of employees, either quitting or getting canned because of poor management and poor screening. Basically, the knowledge and experience you will earn working for this company is not very applicable elsewhere.

Pros

Good office hours

Cons

Unstable

Not good

Well where to start.. they lie, lie and lie some more. With over 300 yes 300 deaths in the last 4 years that should tell you new comers to stay away.. dont take my word on it just Google deaths at lafarge and you will see. Botton line is there a struggling company who does not care about anything but image. This company bugs your personal cell phone, lunch room , and our bathroom until the camera was discovered in there. They fire employees who have disabilities and hire addicts. The union does zero for you so my advice is to not be a member and let human rights take care of you. The trucks are junk and barely legal to be on the road but the 4 cameras they installed are brand new . I worked for this company up and until there intrusive ways were effecting me directly and then I quit. The BBB should investigate this company and shut it down as the death pole increases every day for a reason with this place of business. Management is linked to terrorism, and have a criminal history, so that being said it's a matter of time before they are no more but dust in the wind.

Pros

Not dying at work

Cons

Living to go back

Not fun where I work

Poor work culture, little safety culture, archaic technology. Little to no training unless it is expected for your specific job. Part of Joint Health and Safety Committee and was only at 2 monthly meetings all 7 months I was there. (Monthy Mettings) Witness to Plant Supervisor issuing orders to break OH&S working at heights regulations even after being told he was breaking the company and regulatory policies, in order to finish on time. Racism and hostilities (Bullying) throughout our plant. Union that doesn't appear to do much. Supervision that uses threats and propaganda during daily meetings.

Pros

Not much

Cons

Many

Great group of guys to work with

No room for advancement! Too many supervisors and not enough workers. Great pay but that doesn’t outweigh the politics. If you’re looking to advance up the corporate ladder this isn’t the place

Pros

Solid pay

producting

always working, during the winter never really had any problems with the management, they where pretty understanding, with time off, although the pay was not the greatest.

Pros

steady work

Cons

not well payed

long hour hard work

they have shift work but not enough people to work you are away from the family and they expect you to work for them all the time so you can work up to 6 days a week and have sunday off then back to work monday. time for a change

Pros

some good guys

Cons

long hours and not enough famliy time

Lafarge is a provider of diversified construction materials and a member of the global group, LafargeHolcim.

Acted as strategic business partner to Northwest Region, providing day-to-day support for HR activities and initiatives. Supported key business objectives. Coordinated compensation and benefits.

Good Company

The management respects your opinions and tries to create a welcoming environment for your input. Tries to create a good work/life balance and has good benefits.

its a job

worked there for approximately 5 years was ok was responsible for looking after genearly maintenance of plant and loader helped out on the clean up of plant and yard I got some great experience working on various equipment crushers washplants and heavy equipment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at LafargeHolcim. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

1.2K