LafargeHolcim

LafargeHolcim Employee Reviews

They reward smart, hard workers who take initiative. Such a big company with opportunities for anyone to be challenged at any level. Operators, drivers, supervisors, and administration needed at most levels. Team atmosphere.
Pros
Fair pay. Variety of roles once your in.
Cons
Operations can be chaotic at times.
Lafarge is generally considered to be a world leader in construction right?? Well they might be in other markets but in Saskatoon they are disorganized, dishonest, and do not value their employees contributions, any employee is expendable, totally profit driven, with a profit at all cost attitude. Lafarge will portray that safety is their number 1 value, this is total lip service, they are only concerned with profit. Any construction company out there is better to work for than this place, passing on applying here in Saskatoon is a great decision, you won’t be disappointed.
Pros
I can’t think of any!
Cons
Long hours, zero recognition, corrupt upper management.
When I received the 1st call from Lafarge I was thrilled. They had a rep of being an amazing company to work for with long careers and growth opportunities. I went through 4 interviews and in the end was offered a role I was excited to be a part of. Put my 2 weeks in at my current role, officially leaving my other job to start with them. I worked with them less than a month before being placed on a temporary layoff with a verbal expression of how much they wanted me back asap and not to find another role. Due to the circumstances at the time, I was prepared for this and completely understood. What I wasn't prepared for was the complete lack of support or empathy this massive company and management - who was still in great condition - would show for me as their employee. They kept me on the temp layoff for a couple of months before letting me go permanently with no conversation, support to find another role or a letter of recommendation - nothing! Not even an official dismissal letter! I went from having a secure job - the one I had left for them is still thriving - to having no job. The worst part was as everything opened back up and they opened their office again, they posted my role for rehire. I was still unemployed. Expectations - work late and long hours to be noticed / respected.
Pros
Opportunities, Benefits, Salary
Cons
Management, Ethics, Work/Life Balance
I excitedly accepted a Job after a quick but intensive interview process. I joined the company looking forward to a long term career however my dreams were quickly crushed. After spending a month with the company my employment was terminated. I received no constructive feedback along the way and was under the impression that the job was going well. I was never given a reason for my termination. A short while later I received a call from a vendor who hadn't realized my termination had been terminated. After a short discussion with the individual I learned that the company had churned through 4 different individual in my role over a 7 month period.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Terrible culture
Back stabbing shop foreman, terrible direct management!!! Stay away!!!! Good to your face until you turn around. Favouritism is abundant!! Forman talks bad behind your back, you get accused of things you have nothing to do with!!!
Pros
Decent wage for trades
Cons
Manager will stab you in the back
Terrible management. Terrible pay. You’re just a grunt to them. They don’t appreciate anything other then their bonuses at the end of the year. Managers there really don’t have any idea how to do the job correctly and safely. They have friends in the ministry of labor that will always give them a heads up if there is an inspection happening. Just an all around terrible company. Inside and out.
Pros
No pros.
Cons
Tons of cons.
Great people great work atmosphere demanding work management had time to help you be more productive at what your doing well maintained equipment. Overall a great place to work
Pros
Great people
Cons
Not year round
Do not work here.. Bad place and very unprofessional managers. They treat you like poo when something doesn't go there way. Safety ia issue every job you go to, you are left to fend for yourself..
Cons
Overall the job experience is good salary is good and benefits are amazing but the management where I worked was very disorganized and very bad at communicating with both the workers and themselves.
Pros
Benifits, salary, job experience
Cons
Management, stress, toxic environment
I like the work i do at Lafarage, the people whome i work is so nice and helpful. The management is so good. All in all the work environment and management is so good
Pros
Tea and coffee
Cons
It was a very productive career I enjoyed it while I was thereIf it wasn’t for upper management stealing I probably still would’ve been there but I don’t like a thief
Pros
Management would try to bribe you
Cons
Friends of management can do anything they want to do even had a key for the plant
Work environment is friendly, upper management is a bit incompetent sometimes with useless thing they put in place work wise.Globaly I recommend and find that lafarge in a good company to work for.
Pros
insurance plan
Cons
machinery, salaries
Poor management. Lots of safety training to cover themselves not to protect you. Very little of safety training practiced on site. Constant pressure on production not on safety
Pros
Good money
Cons
Abuse harrassment bullying especially by Belizeans.
Your job is never as it is described in the interview. The interviewer was more worried about bashing previous employees. Training is non existant, there is no local support. HR is outsource to Columbia. For the most part, the workers in the plants are friendly and a joy to work with, but the the office staff will cut your throat before you even get settled. Management is for the most part oblivious and being mislead by the Operation.
Pros
plant workers are friendly and supportive
Cons
No work life balnce
I really love to work with this group again. They really promote the colleagues. This group has a very gentil staff (employees). They take care of human as well as equipments safety. Thier goal is quality production with zero harm .
Company doesn't Maintain trucks and shows little respect to employees and their own policies. Trucks are run down and if you insist on repair, you stay home without pay when truck is in shop. Inconsistent hours, too many some week very few in others. Managers who disregard safety policies. Mangers who cannot be trusted. There are a lot of good people who work there unfortunately, it is the unscrupulous who succeed with promotion
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Poor quality trucks
Old school ways of thinking, and nepotism ruined what was shaping up to be a long and fruitful career. Employees will use any little bit of power given to them to make it to the next level . Bullying and discrimination are largely ignored by Human Resources.
Pros
income of up to and even exceeding 100k a year
Cons
long hours and shift from nights to days
Extremel nepotism, too many bosses, top heavy. No emphasis on safety. Ask staff to work too quickly, no matter the danger of the road being worked on. One guy gets no slack for wrecking 13 trucks, One guy does $30,000 damage to a building with no repercussions . then three guys with impeccable records were fired after minor incidents that didn’t cause any company costs. Don’t even apply
Pros
Cons
Stay away... unless you’re a family member or friend
beyond friendly and welcoming staff amazing days at working outside beyond great atmosphere to stay in shape and keep physcially fit at all times no matter job
Management did not follow the company rules or their own policies. Employees constantly complained to each other, but were afraid to question management because they did not want to get terminated or laid-off.
Excellent communication and teamwork. However, this is a unionized environment which can make moving ahead time consuming and tasks repetitive. Management did recognize handwork with lunches/other benefits once in a while.
  1. Employee reviews