LafargeHolcim logo
View all LafargeHolcim reviews

LafargeHolcim

LafargeHolcim Employee Review

Administration

When I received the 1st call from Lafarge I was thrilled. They had a rep of being an amazing company to work for with long careers and growth opportunities. I went through 4 interviews and in the end was offered a role I was excited to be a part of. Put my 2 weeks in at my current role, officially leaving my other job to start with them. I worked with them less than a month before being placed on a temporary layoff with a verbal expression of how much they wanted me back asap and not to find another role. Due to the circumstances at the time, I was prepared for this and completely understood. What I wasn't prepared for was the complete lack of support or empathy this massive company and management - who was still in great condition - would show for me as their employee. They kept me on the temp layoff for a couple of months before letting me go permanently with no conversation, support to find another role or a letter of recommendation - nothing! Not even an official dismissal letter! I went from having a secure job - the one I had left for them is still thriving - to having no job. The worst part was as everything opened back up and they opened their office again, they posted my role for rehire. I was still unemployed. Expectations - work late and long hours to be noticed / respected.

Pros

Opportunities, Benefits, Salary

Cons

Management, Ethics, Work/Life Balance

1.0Job security/advancement

Same role

Terrible Organization

Most disorganized company I have ever worked for. No communication, false promises, and zero managerial support. Don't expect anyone to have your back, you're on your own. Most of the employees are just thrown into a position and expected to figure it out, don't expect training or ongoing support after any "training" is provided, which is just the most convoluted data thrown on a screen in front of you that you're expected to absorb immediately. Forget being a great employee and having a work ethic, if you're not in with the right people, don't expect a future with this company or any room for advancement or performance based remuneration ever.

Pros

Decent benefits, free food all the time

Cons

Highschool atmosphere, everyone is clueless
Same role

Great Company

I enjoyed my time with this great company. The people and the management team was great. Lots of fun things for employees and for the company. But since I left and Lafarge has merged it may be different.

Pros

Company events

Same location

Good workplace

I like the work i do at Lafarage, the people whome i work is so nice and helpful. The management is so good. All in all the work environment and management is so good

Pros

Tea and coffee

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at LafargeHolcim. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

1.2K