LafargeHolcim Employee Reviews

Found 141 reviews matching the search See all 1,446 reviews
Not fun where I work
Formsetter (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB20 March 2019
Poor work culture, little safety culture, archaic technology.
Little to no training unless it is expected for your specific job.
Part of Joint Health and Safety Committee and was only at 2 monthly meetings all 7 months I was there. (Monthy Mettings)
Witness to Plant Supervisor issuing orders to break OH&S working at heights regulations even after being told he was breaking the company and regulatory policies, in order to finish on time.
Racism and hostilities (Bullying) throughout our plant.
Union that doesn't appear to do much. Supervision that uses threats and propaganda during daily meetings.
Pros
Not much
Cons
Many
Do not work here unless you want to be treated like you don’t matter
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB17 March 2019
Management doesn’t listen to the employees concerns, only cares about safety when OH&S are around and/or the safety audit week is happening. We all had to work in +10 health risk air quality during the BC fires, everyone was coughing and nothing was provided to us to stop all the smoke going in our lungs, meanwhile the bosses were sitting in their cushiony offices and trucks. Management makes lots of promises, doesn’t follow through. No room to climb the work ladder, promotions are hard to get meanwhile they will happily hire on new people to take the position you were working so hard for.
The only good thing about this job was the other labourers I met. Made some great friends.
Would not recommend working here! Look elsewhere first, make this your last resort.
Pros
Great friendly co-workers.
Cons
Long hours, management doesn’t care about employees, no work/life balance. Seasonal.
Bad management, favor picking
Loader Operator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB15 February 2019
Not going to recommend this place to work at unless you have no self worth and like to be a door mat. I spent many years with this company only to watch it go down hill starting with the bail out by holcim. I could live comfortably on the amount of money wasted every day, to over 15 fatalities. The bullying tactic is old guys so what's with the constant threats of termination? I have seen some good people leave ,others let go for no reason and some fired for having different views. They say that they care but it's all about image, they say they operate safe, and I would too with so many fatalities, cameras in the trucks is a total waste of companies money because hand held devices and a massive monitor is not legal to be used as it is a distraction which makes the driver at fault..SO WHY ARE THEY IN THE TRUCKS. No managers have that in their trucks, they can drive anyway they so choose too without discipline. For instance the day we went golfing one Friday and consumed quite a bit of alcohol and drove home after. I would personally suggest using a alternate company which can supply you a better quality product. Remember this company has been connected to funding terrorism that should speak for itself. Holcim should take a visit to canada and take a first hand look at where there money is going before it's all gone..
Pros
Not there anymore
Cons
Great company to work for
Concrete Crew Foreman (Former Employee) –  Edmonton16 January 2019
I spent almost 11 years with Lafarge before deciding on a career change and they were awesome to work for. The benefits are great and the potential to work your way up the ladder.
Pros
work in an office or outside
Cons
construction division works long hours
Decent
QUALITY CONTROL TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  Dundas, ON13 January 2019
Typical large employer, safety number one even if involves filling out paper work for an hour to complete a 5 minute task.

management try to keep you employed which is great. but family is always taken first for advancements
Tough and Rewarding
Quality Control Administrator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 January 2019
My experience at LafargeHolcim was that of a co-op student. As a quality control administrator, I was responsible for organizing and recording test results into a data entry software. I also made different concrete samples using different chemical.
Pros
Interesting Work
Cons
Poor wages
Place to learn and enhance skills
Payroll Analyst (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON3 January 2019
Provide analysis and resolve discrepancies to balance payroll with off-cycle payments when necessary.
Analyze and prepare reports for income tax payments for multiple work sites
Process payroll data for weekly payroll cycles to prepare certified payroll reports.
Update employees' personal data, job data, tax data, & direct deposit information whenever needed.
Administer union dues and payments

Enjoyable place to work if you can make friends, otherwise its a lonely office. Management can be better.
Pros
Good salary
Cons
Poor upper management
Great office atmosphere with many goodies and activities!
Summer Intern-P2P (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON2 December 2018
I was only an intern at LafargeHolcim for a total of just under 12 months, across two different periods, but it made a lasting impact.

The people working at the office were generally pleasant, friendly, and welcoming. You could chat with just about anybody.

The company always had activities, both in and out of the office, as well as goodies for the office regularly; they really tried to promote a social and rewarding environment for employees to work in.

LafargeHolcim also has a dedication to health & safety that is commendable.

Overall, working at LafargeHolcim was a fun, rewarding experience.
Great group of guys to work with
Labourer (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB2 December 2018
No room for advancement! Too many supervisors and not enough workers. Great pay but that doesn’t outweigh the politics. If you’re looking to advance up the corporate ladder this isn’t the place
Pros
Solid pay
New Experience
Pay and Benefits Specialist (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON20 November 2018
LafargeHolcim has provided a platform that is unforgettable; countless opportunities to improve and grow from daily tasks to projects. Always looking to improve current processes to create efficiency in completing various tasks.
A great place to work for. Close to home
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC16 November 2018
It was an extremely challenging position working with Project Managers and their Director. Very friendly people and you get a great experience editing and creating contracts for large commercial companies.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
its okay
QUALITY CONTROL JUNIOR ASSISTAINT (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB4 November 2018
lafrage is to big of a company. it makes you feel like just a number and doesn't feel like there is much room to advance. the work environment is dirty which fills you nose with dust.
Pros
free parking
Cons
dirty place
environnement du travail superbe
Responsable Maintenance Région Ouest (Current Employee) –  Algerine Shore, NS9 October 2018
apprendre tous les jours, comment faire, et management
Pros
sécurité
Great place to work, just wish it wasn't seasonal
Scale house Attendant (Former Employee) –  Paris, ON13 September 2018
Overall, I loved working for Lafarge in Ontario. Great team of people to work with, learned so much about the Aggregate industry. The hardest part of the job was leaving for the winter months and moving back out to Alberta.
Pros
Free training, great benefit program, all the hours I wanted, great managment.
Cons
Only seasonal work
Good boss, bad work
Quality Control Technician (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC6 September 2018
I was in the quality control lab at the site. It was dusty and hot, even without the 400 degree ovens beside you. However, my boss was great and understood personal matters such as a co-workers dog passing away, or the end of my relationship.
good money
Patcher (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB30 August 2018
It is not the worst place to work,or the best place for that matter.
Favorites get moved up the ladder,people who are not favorites do not really go anywhere.
They seem to go through cycles of hiring lots of employees,and then laying off lots of staff.
Pros
good wages, union
Cons
supervisors can be really awkward
Production Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC28 August 2018
Great place to work. Good people. Good Pay for employment. Employers are very understanding. Employees are great to work with. Can be a bit dirty work environment, but fulfilling when the job is done.
One of the worst workplaces in the country
Accountant (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC15 August 2018
If you are looking for room for growth, place for learning, advancing your career; this is definitely not the place for you.

If you are looking for a respectful and cooperative workplace, this is totally not the place, based and my two years there and many others after me.

If you are looking for a stable workplace, read the above.

If you are looking to earn a paycheck with dignity; forget about this company.
Pros
Are you kidding?
Cons
Disorganized and unjust
Productive and fun work place
General Worker (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, ON7 August 2018
I enjoyed working there for a short period of time learned alot about silos and cement had fun working for the summer but didn't enjoy going inside the silos
Lafarge is a provider of diversified construction materials and a member of the global group, LafargeHolcim.
Human Resources Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB25 July 2018
Acted as strategic business partner to Northwest Region, providing day-to-day support for HR activities and initiatives. Supported key business objectives. Coordinated compensation and benefits.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at LafargeHolcim. Our community is ready to answer.