Lafarge Canada Employee Reviews

You earned your money that’s for sure
Wheel Loader Operator (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC21 July 2018
The guys I worked with at Lafarge we’re an awesome bunch.Hard working bunch of guys always willing to help each other out.I worked in the aggregate division.My biggest issue was that the Operations Manager had very little regard for the fact that when you have a family you do need to spend the odd weekend at home .
Not the best place I’ve ever worked but certainly not the worse
Pros
Great guys
Cons
Poor maintenance on equipment
Was a great place to work due to the people
Accounting Technician/Analyst (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON17 July 2018
Lafarge is a huge company, and going to work was fun. The job was not as fun, but it was exciting to be amongst good hard working people. Very friendly people.
safe an great place to work. they take care of your needs
Driver water hauler base crew (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB3 July 2018
they have great people an management over all its great place. every one are team players an help you when you need great plan installed to move up in the company
Great Experience
Supply Chain Intern (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON30 June 2018
This was my first internship in university. I was exposed to many aspects of the industry, particularly within trucking/hauling, and my coworkers were phenomenal. The office was quiet and empty at times, but overall a good place to work.
Pros
Experience, People
Cons
Culture needs work
Good Company to work for
After-Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Pointe-Claire, QC25 June 2018
Good Company to work for.
Friendly work-environment.
Was simply located too far away from my residence
Fast paced and customer based business
Terminal Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB17 May 2018
Lafarge is a very large organization with many employees in many places throughout the world. If you work in management it is not good enough to do your job as required. You can also be expected to be micro managed and if you don't comply then you will be fired.
Pros
Benefits were good
Cons
Micro management is very prevalent
Good Company
Estimating Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB11 May 2018
The management respects your opinions and tries to create a welcoming environment for your input. Tries to create a good work/life balance and has good benefits.
Productive and great internal connection with all departments working together
Accounts Payable Administrator (Former Employee) –  Concord, ON11 May 2018
We were able to work well with all departments as we all effected each other in one way or another. We worked well together and in many ways were as close as family, as we came from a much smaller office in Markham and together grew into a much larger organization, with respect and compassion, mostly.
Environnement du travail stressant et aucune vie de famille
Spécialiste logistique au service à la clientèle (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC9 May 2018
Maleureusement, il n'y a aucun leadership dans cette entreprise... Ils n'engage pas assez de gens donc les heures supplémentaires sont normal dans cette entreprise. De plus, aucune pause n'est accordé. Il faut travailler 8 heure en ligne sans arrêt.
Pros
Repas gratuit et très bon salaires
Cons
Aucune pause
Labourer (Current Employee) –  Bath, ON5 May 2018
Employers and co workers are great to work for/with.
Messy, physically demanding job, will keep you in shape.

The employers are very understanding and fair when it comes to family

Hard hats and other safety equipment provided
Good money, long hours
Yard dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB24 April 2018
Management does not care much about their employees. It is very good money however with that being said as it is a seasonal job it makes it very hard to have a personal life in the summer
Overall good environment to work
Operational Support/Scale Master/RMTO Operator (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON24 April 2018
Lafarge Canada is a great company to work for, they care about their employees and safety in general. I relocated to work in another province after several years.
Pros
Good Team of people
Cons
Salary is avarage
Stage
Opérateur de Bobcat (Former Employee) –  Saint-Constant, QC21 April 2018
Cimenterie qui existe depuis longtemps. Les employés semblent apprécier y travailler.
Don't work for this company. Management knows nothing and blames you.
Loader Operator (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON15 April 2018
Management changes every year. And non of them know what they are doing. They have fired for what they call business reasons. So no mater how long you work there you can be fired for no reason. Coworker are great but always have their back against a wall. Paris low for the work expected. Only safety they care about is covering their own butt.
Pros
Good coworker
Cons
Management is always pointing fingers
Concrete driver
Concrete operator / Driver (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB8 April 2018
Union company, I was a ready mix driver, equipment you run is in poor shape +30 weather no air in the cab lots of issues with the trucks. you have to be a senior guy to get a newer truck, on call all the time never know when you work until the evening before and have no idea when you get off at the end of the day. Pay and benefits are good
Seasonal
Ready Mix Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Sylvan Lake, AB6 March 2018
Lafarge was a seasonal job. I was employed during the spring and summer and fall months and randomly during winter months at a call in basis. Good company
Ready Mix Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB23 January 2018
You need to concentrate 100% on the job, take precaution before you deliver the concreto to the site, ensure truck is running and safe proper manner to eliminate late delivery
Great!
Concrete Ready Mix Driver (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON15 January 2018
Helped grow professionally and gained traits in my field. Enjoy the many available hours, developed great relationships with employees, able to learn and adapt to different management styles
I have been given a lot of opportunity in different division
Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Jansen, SK10 January 2018
I set up the daily pours and batched when needed specializing in high strength concrete and on site meetings everyday .I learned more batching skills and how to interact with clients on a higher scale .we stated in camp and security was very high .I was a superintendent and was very close to upper management .The workplace culture was high in safety and quality control.The hardest part of the job was making sure all employees followed rules and proper paper work for company standards and site requirements .The most enjoyable part was the completion of our contract and being a part of the project .
Pros
Playing a part in a large scale project
Cons
Trying to keep a solid employee base
Great place to work if you’re willing to play the game!
Dispatcher/Customer Service, scale attendant (Former Employee) –  Lower Mainland, BC5 January 2018
To advance at Lafarge(lower mainland aggregates) you need to be ‘in the club’ or have the right last name. You’re just a number to such a big corporation, you have a few people that care but they leave knowing that it’s better Elsewhere, the people that are left and the new hires in management don’t seem to really care, cutthroat and people like to throw others under the bus. They don’t see the work that is done by the good workers, reward the ones that are in the club. Don’t work for the lower mainland aggregates!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lafarge Canada. Our community is ready to answer.