LAC LA BICHE COUNTY

LAC LA BICHE COUNTY Employee Reviews

Canada29 reviews

timegoodpeopleworkingmanagementgreatjobwork

Good place, nice co-workers and management. Encouraged to apply for advancement openings when occur.

Due to my forthcoming medical needs I wasn't invited to submit candidacy for a future perm. position in the dept. Had i not gotten ill/hurt, I would have.; which by the by, they were quite empathic & understanding of. Missed work but they let me work as I was able through to contract end date. My team was great but one. My Mgr. coached me for my dealings with this extra sensitive, self important person. However all in all other co-workers polite, respectful & friendly when interacting. My Mgr was excellent! Knowledgeable & professional while still kind. She gave instruction, guidance and encouragement as well as praise. Even supportive when pushing me to be faster in my productivity. (Though I was doing more than expected and it was excused when she seen the results of my initiative, and she was open minded to get the highest quality results & wrote into the positions duties/tasks the procedure I began!) I was sad to have experienced my first drop into mental illness (nervous breakdown) while working there. They coped with me best one could expect actually and accommodated me as I sought medical care appointments as my issue(s) unfolded during that period. I was looking forward to applying for permanent employment prior to developments with my health!

Pros

Mgmt, friendliness, hours of work, competitive pay rate

Cons

made to re-do large amts work, as input from affected depts. was hard for my dept. head to extract, my new depression illness seen, & told would exclude me from consideration for future openings

Best pay, benefits and worklife balance

This is an organization that supports employees over and above anywhere else I have experienced. As an example, employees received unlimited paid time for COVID related reasons including childcare issues. Great coworkers and empathetic management. If you want work life balance and great pay then look no further.

Insights into LAC LA BICHE COUNTY

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Fair pay for job
Areas for improvement
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Sense of belonging
  • Clear sense of purpose

Don’t get stuck here

Lots of politics , Favouritism, and back stabbing . Upper level employees don’t care about anything other then themselves . Wouldn’t recommend a position here unless your looking for a retirement job and/or buddies with the leaders .

Pros

Still lots of good people working there . Benefits are one of the best around .

Cons

Pay is bad, job advancement, upper level workers, favouritism, politics .

Avoid an apprenticeship here

This place has no idea how to run a apprenticeship. Management will make you do commercial vehicle inspections by yourself and you won’t even have a valid licence to do one. You can spend 4 years being an apprentice here but when it’s time for you to become journeyman, they will start you at the lowest pay scale and you’re work will not change because they make you do the same work as any other journeyman in the shop. When they hire you they will tell you they will pay for you’re trade school (just like many other place do) and then when you're done and try to leave to better yourself, they will send you huge bill for your wages and tuition. Nothing is said that you have to pay it back until your last week of work and they try stick you with a 10,000$ plus bill. They do not recognize duel ticketed people and if you have both, refuse to use one of them because they just take advantage of you. DO NOT come here to start your life in the trades. I only recommend this place for people that are at the end of their trade that want something slow paced and home every night.

Pros

Relaxed, Benefits

Cons

Too political, Low wages, If you're not family, they will not try and help you

Don’t work here. Not worth it

If you are a apprentice automotive or heavy duty Technician I highly recommend not working here. They will tell you about how they pay you to go to school, the tools they provide you but what they won’t tell you in your interview is that they want you to stay for 6 years after you become journeyman or else you owe them money. It’s expected of you to do CVIPS by yourself even if you don’t have a licence. If you have 2 tickets, oh well you will never get paid more. If you can weld/fabricate they will use you for your abilities and not compensate you one bit. The manager will stand around and watch you work for half the day, making stupid comments, trying to be funny. It’s just unprofessional and annoying. Don’t waste your time thinking that you will be coming to a workplace that will respect you, or appreciate you. You will never be able to advance in your career here at Lac La Biche County if you want to be involved in the automotive/heavy duty technician trade.

Pros

Laid back

Cons

Poor management, managers/supervisors give no training, low wages, hidden clauses

Do you’re research before you apply here.

HR and managers are bias on who they hire. They will hire someone they know over someone that is more qualified. Your coworkers are good to work with but anyone with any power will not help you (leads, managers) they lack supporting you, standing up for you and helping you move up and try to be better. Many departments are pretty unorganized, lots of time gets wasted doing stupid stuff. You are supplied with proper PPE but only the bare minimum. If you need it replaced it’s like pulling teeth. Common sense is not common here . They will hire you and then bring in curtain clauses to the job AFTER you start working. If you start working here when you are young, you will start at the bottom of the pay scale and you will do the same work as someone who has been here for years and you’ll be making way less. This place is only really good for students looking for summer work. Most of the time they are too cheap to get you the right tools/materials to get the job done that you need to do. Big cutting corners. You will be constantly watched right from the time you walk in to the time you leave.

Pros

Never have late paydays, benefits

Cons

Too many to list

Too much nepotism and discrimination

Management and HR too biased on hiring local friends who are under qualified, thus requiring training on the job. Meanwhile the qualified internal candidates are rarely even given an interview. Municipal affairs has tried to resolve situation several years ago, but didn't make much difference. It is common to see 2-3 family members working for the same organization. The seasonal staff are almost exclusively relatives and/or friends of staff, thus shutting out anyone living outside the county. The various departments work in 4 different buildings making internal collaboration and team spirit culture weak. A few longer time serving managers are grossly over paid and have a light workload, thereby creating inequity (and strife) compared those with heavy workloads and lower pay. The pay and benefits are good.

Benefits

Cons

poor management and organizational morale

Great group of leaders, good work environment

Great place to work at if you need a summer job as a student. If you really prove yourself and get in good with the fieldmen, you can advance relatively quickly or get offered a full time position. Their reference has helped me get job opportunities since working for them. Pay is good for an entry level position/summer job. They sometimes have a tendency to hire real boneheads, though.

Pros

4 day weeks/10hr days

Cons

You have to live in Lac la Biche to work with them

poor management

Bad management. Can't trust them. Out for them selves. They will try and keep you close so they can have a finger on you. They will do the same as you and when things go wrong look for an escape goat

Pros

Good money

Cons

Bad management

It was a great experience

It was a great experience it was something new for me and it was great I love to try new things it gave me something to look forward to I can’t wait to see what my next job is

Decent Employer

Not a bad place to work if you don't mind living in Lac La Biche. They have a fantastic community centre and many restaurants. Just don't advertise where you work.

Collaborative, friendly, hardworking people - I enjoyed my time at LLB

It's been nearly 8 years since I worked there and I left to follow my spouse's career... Firstly my manager, (K.G. - Mgr EcDev.) was well organized and easy to communicate with too. She was clear in her expectations and direct. I knew exactly what she expected, she was supportive and allowed autonomy. I have been lucky to work with some great managers and she was one of the best. My other colleagues there were welcoming and helpful. The team spirit was fun.

Pros

great team

Work Place Experience

This was a great work place experience and opportunity. It was a fun and positive work place. Every one was very nice and supportive. Loved my time here.

great people, great opportunities

i worked as a custodian and there was alot of walking and bending and lifting. i really enjoyed the support of the management and supervisors, there is how ever lots of safety paperwork which i didnt mind

Pros

great benifits and retirement plan

Cons

long hrs

small hamlet asking to do the same as a major city

Workforce rotation is 40% on a period of 3 years. Council ask their departments, consisting each of 1 or 2 persons, too much for such small teams. And, without resources and so many employees departures, (including management), coordination is minimal.

Very good staff and professionalism

from the workers to management, everyone is engaged and professional. wages are great, the people are good, and i enjoy my time there so far. a great company to work for!

Love my job, my team and my workplace

I love my job, my coworkers are amazing and the management means well but are restricted by politics sometimes. Coworkers respect each others decisions and supervisors are supportive. Left to retire. There were no part time opportunities.

Pros

Coworkers

Cons

Politics

Great place to work with great benefits

Lots of opportunities for picking up additional shifts if you're willing to work additional hours. Very knowledgeable and helpful coworkers. Lots of training provided. Helped me learn numerous things that I would never have learned in the classroom.

Pros

Fun and easy work

Good place to work, nice people. Job securement isn't a thing.

A good company to work for but hard to stick around. Didn't want to rehire me for a second term because of higher pay requirement. The people were easy to work with but seemed incompetent when it came to some equipment necessary for the job.

Stay Away

Not a good experience. In fact, it was the worst job I have ever had. The county is not managed well yet they either don't know it or don't care. Superiors do not at all motivate staff to better themselves or advance. Unless you are born and raised in the area you will not advance in your career, as certain families are favoured when it comes to hiring and promotions, regardless of, well....merit or competence. I saw long-term employees fired without cause to be replaced by incompetent simpletons from the "right" family. Pay is ok but the work culture is simply awful. People that take jobs there but aren't from the County last about a year (including me) max because it is just so bad. Do NOT work here.

Pros

Ummm...the pay I guess?

Cons

Very poor management, depressing corporate culture, no opportunity for advancement.

A good experience

I enjoyed working with Lac La Biche County. I left only because I was moving out of town. My manager was great to work with; she was decisive and provided good direction at the same time as allowing autonomy. There were opportunities to grow in the position and in the organization.

Pros

Well organized, well paid, good h.r.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at LAC LA BICHE COUNTY. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement