Labrador-Grenfell Health Employee Reviews

Great people, great place to work.
Clerk II, Long Term Care Facility (Former Employee) –  Happy Valley-Goose Bay, NL12 April 2018
There are lots of opportunities in this field at LG Health. Confidentiality is a big thing working at a Health Authority. You could work shift work or an 8-4 work day.
Good coworkers and supporting environment
Primary Care Paramedic (Former Employee) –  Grenfell health27 February 2018
Paramedics are managed by Rn nursing management so as a result management not realize the challenges the medics having in street for an example it is hospital based paramedic so required to stationed in hospital for 12 hours (called actual working hours) and required to do the ambulance duties and then hospital related duties as helping to nurse in ER , triaging Pts, registering the pts , even clerical works then right after that requires to be on call for next 12 hours (called standby time medics can stay home) at that time if any calls came in medics expected to respond with in 10 mins if no calls came in then which is considered as rest time .

So based on this what I am trying to say is, Paramedic jobs is working in the field not in the facility, doing clerical things, security duties and working under the nurses. That is degrading the paramedic position. Nurses,clarks ,maintenance,securities are doing their job excellent in Emergency department and other facilities but comparing the Paramedics and Nurses is like comparing apples and oranges.

As a result end of the day Paramedics going to burnt out,depressed and will quit the job. Because of poor management rules against paramedic.
Pros
Supportive nurses, coworkers and other staffs
Cons
Very poor management doesn't consider about employees needs, over worked, staffs might be mandated to take overtime against their will. exhausted
poor attitude
Staff (Former Employee) –  Goose Bay, NL23 June 2017
over worked, pay is far below Canadian average but lack of accommodations and over priced accommodations when you can find one.
Poor attitude of employer to new staff and old. not understanding at all. no encouragement, no team work, back biting and managers are petty and never around when you need them.
Great work place
Surgical Assist-Clinical associate (Former Employee) –  Happy Valley-Goose Bay, NL17 February 2017
Good working enviroment with friendly, helpful members of staff. A fairly wide variety of surgical cases to attend to. I found it rewarding from an experience point of view.
an amazing place to work filled with incredible people
Nursing Administrator On-Site (Former Employee) –  Labrador City, NL27 April 2016
very enjoyable place to work. I have learnt from very dedicated
heallthcare professionals.
Your day may include assisting in the delivery of a newborn to comforting family members whilst grieving for their loved ones.
Great place to work with room for advancement
Health Records Department/Switchboard Operator (Former Employee) –  Labrador City, NL7 February 2014
On-call a lot, work late hours and early mornings. Good work, keep busy and work without great co-workers.
Pros
great pay and benefits
Cons
being called in at any time day or night
Great team atmosphere!
Psychiatric Nurse 1 (Community) (Former Employee) –  Labrador City, NL14 April 2013
The professional, supportive, fun, knowledgeable staff made you feel a part of a family. Everyone was kind and non-judgemental and anti-stigma was one of the foundations of our department. We had a very active and invoved manager and our regional director was always approachable and accessible. I learned so much about truley caring for clients and helping them through difficult life situations, as well as supporting those with long term complex mental health needs to maintain themselves in the community.
Pros
feeling of truely helping
Cons
often long hours
cultural experience
nurse practitioner (Former Employee) –  Port Hope Simpson, NL3 December 2012
Similar working conditions and experiences as with my current emplyer. However, I arranged medi-vacs to Newfoundland via air transport, accompany them and then return to the coastal community to continue my work. I was responsible for dispensing medications as well, similar to that of a local pharmacy.
Pros
experience in remote locations
Cons
using my vacation time, from my current employer to avail of such experiences
a clean and safe enviroment.
Typist II (Current Employee) –  Forteau, NL21 August 2012
a typical day at work involves a very fast pace, of answering directing phone calls, booking appointments for five clinics, arranging travel for staff, booking accomadations,setting up network passwords, entering data, payroll documentations, managing a ledger for debits and credits, vouchers, posting and recieving mail and distributing as required, faxing, photocoping, maintaining and updating files and records, transcribes letters, reports, memos, end of month stats and other related duties as listed in my resume. Work with a many co-workers and get along well with them. I enjoy all aspects of my work.
Pros
free coffee
Cons
demanding job sometimes.