Labatt Breweries of Canada Employee Reviews

Not a good place
Maintenance Electrician (Former Employee) –  London, ON22 May 2018
Started off ok went down hill management has no clue turnover very high not a good place to work. Really long probation no direction very poor communication.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Management / probation to long
Went from good to bad.
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  London, ON7 May 2018
Excessive hours, told that you have to work 56-60 hours per week. Worked 6-7 days per week. No benefits, yearly contract, no advancement, favouritism. Worked with people who were untrained.
Pros
Decent pay but any pay is good when you are working 60 hours per week
Cons
No benefits, just another cog in the machine, no training, management did nothing about health and safety concerns.
ok
Electrical Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Lasalle, QC19 March 2018
fun but lot of people having problems with the bottle
Awesome work to be apart of
PROMOTIONAL SERVER (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON7 March 2018
Working with Labatt has allowed me to showcase my outgoing personality. It really allows you to engage with customers and explain why your quality of beverages is the best. Being able to work in small groups allows for an enjoyable workplace. Management has been great throughout.
It was a job
Alexander Keith's Brewery (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS2 March 2018
My coworkers were very pleasant. A typical day at work consisted of back to back tours. The script allowed for minimal naturally occurring interaction with guests. It gets you used to talking in front of people, but I found it was very mechanical. My boss was professional and understanding, although not especially approachable. But, I have rarely had a boss who is professional, yet approachable.
She placed me working with the same person everyday of the summer because she sensed we were acquaintances. The woman, although kind, was twenty years my senior, and I was rarely placed with coworkers my own age. This added to the lack of variety.
Productive workplace with constant teamwork required.
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  London, ON5 February 2018
Working at Labatt's Brewery taught me many different skills. A slower moving workplace that requires teamwork for full production. The management was pretty mediocre for many reasons. They were constantly worried about catching workers doing things they weren't supposed to do and not looking at the bigger picture. Definite need of improvement in the management side but overall decent job.
Production floor 3 shift rotation
General Labourer (Current Employee) –  London, ON20 December 2017
Second generation Brewery worker with fond memories of the old plant.

Times have changed not the same Labatt family oriented atmosphere of old days.

Still a decent production style job to offer. Three rotating shift (Days 7-3)(Afternoons 3-11)(Nights 11-7)
Two-tier wage system benefits self contributing pension.

"Brew safe, Be safe"
Pros
Benefits holidays pension
Cons
3 shift rotation
Evaluation globale
Labourer (Former Employee) –  LaSalle, ON17 December 2017
Ce n'est pas un bon emploi pour à long terme, c'est trop long pour monter les échelons
Fast paced, high energy. Learn alot.
Sale Representative (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB15 December 2017
Labatt is a great place to learn in sales and territory management. The salary and benefits are fair and the work is interesting. The work life balance is hard to manage although it can be done.
Pros
Interesting work environment, Great Team.
Cons
Poor work life balance
Great company with great development for sales
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB11 December 2017
Great company with great development for sales. There was lots of focus on developing talent and the sales process. A lot of what I learned in sales comes from what we did at Labatt
Great company, a lot of fun, great experience and hard work
Specialty Portfolio Manager (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC24 November 2017
A great experience as I learned a lot about building relationships as well as running my own business with the territory I was assigned. Demanding job with a lot on the go, but well worth it because of the culture and team you are a part of.
Corporate
Inside Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Moncton, NB20 November 2017
Huge company lots of ops, very corporate. It is a very big company, and there were a lot of intersting things about that. but i am only trying to add more
Fast Paced Enviroment
Maintenance Millwright (Current Employee) –  St. John's, NL19 November 2017
Always challenged in an ever changing workplace. Lots of Training learning opportunities. I completed a 3 year apprenticeship program here with the outcome of an Interprovincial Red Seal in Millwright.
Pros
Good Pay, Good Work Life Balance
Cons
No Room For expansion in the field.
Fun place to work in
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB1 November 2017
Very friendly staff, this place was like a breath of fresh air to work for.Flexible hours and every weekend off. Team work was a must but you can work independently, as you had your own work to do on a daily basis. I never had a dull day working for this company.
Great opportunity for advancement
Summer Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB31 October 2017
Labatt is a huge company under the ABInBev umbrella of companies. Therefore opportunities for advancement are limitless. Sometimes managers lacked a little experience due to fast movement within the company. Great benefits and hours.
not applicable
Sales Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB30 October 2017
the company has changed hands since i worked there, I did enjoy working there, and all employees were well looked after, it is still a very reputable company today
Pros
not aollix
Cons
not apploca ge
Fun workplace
Summer Merchandising (Former Employee) –  GTA, ON29 August 2017
Very enjoyable and fun environment
Employer was very helpful, kind and fun to work with
Flexible hours
Got to travel and meet new contacts and employers
Dossier judiciaire vs emploi
entrepôt (Former Employee) –  Bois-des-Filion, QC28 August 2017
Je suggère aux ressources humaines lors de la première entrevue de poser la question "Avez-vous un dossier judiciaire" ce qui évitera alors des pertes de temps et surtout des déceptions car vous dites "vous êtes engagé" et lorsque la personne arrive au travail et bien elle est retournée car elle a un dossier judiciaire et ce, même si la faute commise n'a aucun lien avec l'emploi ni avec les tâches que cette personne aura à effectuée.

Donc, en agissant ainsi vous faites peut-être perdre à cette personne un autre emploi qu'elle a refusé parce qu'elle a choisi de travailler pour cette compagnie.
Pros
aucun
Cons
pas très diplomate
worst place i worked in my life
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON23 August 2017
slavery environment, moving around 700 kilos or more daily of beer boxes, 12 dollars union fees/weekly, and they push to your pay 12 dollars of beer benefit weekly even if you dont drink. supervisor push you to the limits, every day . forget this company, high rotation of people.
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
Brand Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Wolfville, NS28 June 2017
Good company culture, and awesome people to work with. Very fine/little line between work and personal life however. Heavy emphasis in using your personal social networks for their gain.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Labatt Breweries of Canada. Our community is ready to answer.