La Vie En Rose Employee Reviews

parfait
Conseillere a la vente (Former Employee) –  Laval, QC17 April 2018
Le services est parfait les employer aiment leurs travailles et cela parais
Outlet Collection in Winnipeg
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB2 April 2018
This was by far the worst place I have ever worked. The manager is a complete monster. She will gossip about all the employees (including you) behind their backs (in front of customers sometimes), belittle, yell at you in front of customers, and micromanage you to the point of insanity. Narcissistic, unprofessional, egotistical, controlling psychopath

The work itself was good and the rest of the people you work with are great, so I'm sure any other location is fine to work at. Just not that one. Ever. Don't do it.
Pros
The rest of the staff are amazing
If you live in Ottawa DO NOT work for this company
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON31 March 2018
same company as bikini village. the managers (and district manager) literally bully and gossip about their employees. they are very unprofessional and hostile. anyone i know who has ever worked for this company hated their positions and management team. All of the managers are crazy and drama seeking. since they are all so young they love to seek drama. Rideau managers and bayshore managers are by far the worsttttt managers to work for. they will put you down for every little thing than go talk behind your back. the CEO doesn't even know what he is doing... very sad company. would not recommend.
Pros
50% off discount
Cons
Managers and district manager
I love my job.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Niagara-on-the-Lake, ON5 March 2018
La Vie en Rose (outlet) has been such an amazing workplace. I have learned so many skills while working here, including customer service, upselling and persuasion skills.
I go to work so happy because of a tight-knit community. It feels like a family.
There are so many perks of working here, including commission. It is an awesome system, with a great increase in pay cheques.
The managers are super understanding with booking says off and any problems that pop up.
Days are easy to book off and easy to switch if needed.
Pros
Commision, discount, environment.
Cons
short hours during the winter
Worse Place I've Ever Worked
Key Holder/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB1 March 2018
Company is great to it's customers but HORRIBLE to it's employees. They expect un-realistic sales goals from you and give you nothing in return. No commission, no bonuses, nothing. You end up fighting with your coworkers to make sure you keep your own customer. No room for growth but management expects you to do duties that you shouldn't have to be doing. Been with the company for over a year and have yet to receive a raise or review. I come home everyday stressed out and in a bad mood
Pros
Awesome Employee Discount
Cons
horrible work environment
Sales/Cashier
CASHIER/SALES (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON20 February 2018
La Vie En Rose is a good employer to work for especially for students looking for flexible part time hours whilst in school. Provides experience in sales, cash management and opportunities for sales bonus' are available.
Productive and Fun Work Enviornment
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON11 February 2018
A typical day at work is usually slow at first but picks up quite nicely by mid shift, I enjoy working with the other employees they are fun and happy, as well as nice to be around. The management was just switched over but so far everything has gone smoothly. The hardest part is probably keeping the store well organized and clean, the most enjoyable part I would say is hanging and putting new stock out on the floor.
Pros
Good management
Cons
Short hours
J’adore travailler pour cette entreprise
Vendeuse (Current Employee) –  Hull, QC11 February 2018
Je trouve mon environnement de travaille un peu déplaissant . Depuis que le temp des fêtes est terminé c’est très mort dans les magasins donc , il y a moins d’heures à donner ..
Pros
Rabais employé
Cons
Courte pause, gérante pas professionnelle
Very toxic Environment
All merchandising (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB5 February 2018
The management is too young and does not really care about her job. The District Manager did not care about what our manager did, the staff did what they wanted without any consequence.
productive and fun workplace
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON5 February 2018
it is always a nice place to work and overall great employers to work with and also promotion within the company employers. learned a lot from the co workers and also some great up selling techniques
Cons
short shifts hardly 5 hours a aday

Want to know more about La Vie En Rose?

Ask a question
Productive team
Junior Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB29 January 2018
A typical day at work includes me: opening and/or closing the registers, helping customers finding the right product and ensuring they are happy, helming with stock and visual elements, coaching the other staff members on their daily goals.
Pros
Guaranteed hours
Cons
Negative environment, late schedules
Environnement de travail peu valorisant.
Caissière et service à la clientèle (Current Employee) –  Mail Champlain24 January 2018
J'ai appris à mettre mon entre-gens de l'avant. Une journée de travail typique se résume à une journée peu valorisante. Le rapport entre les employées et les superviseures étaient assez mauvais. Je recherche de nouveaux défis ainsi qu'un environnement plus sain et valorisant pour mettre toutes mes capacités en oeuvre afin de remplir la fonction qui me sera attribuée dans mon prochain emplois.
It was bad
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB23 January 2018
I didn't really enjoy working here. The manager was crazy and the girls who worked there were so immature and it was an awful work environment. Would not recommend.
C'était une expérience positive
Vendeuse (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC19 January 2018
J'ai apprécier travailler pour l'entreprise canadienne de La vie en rose, car on y retrouve plein de beau vêtements de lingerie féminine, des pyjamas et des costumes de bain d'excellentes qualité et à des prix concurrentielles. c'était ma première expérience de vente au détail et j'ai beaucoup aimer travailler la bas. Bien que je préfères faire de la caisse j'ai tout de même aimée travailler avec la clientèle, car je trouve que ce travaille est stimulant.
Pros
Une belle première expérience dans un magasin de vêtement
Cons
Beaucoup de pression pour faire des ventes
Environement chaleureux
Vente et service à la clientèle (Former Employee) –  St.-Georges-de-Beauce, QC11 January 2018
Faire du sizing, menage et replacement des articles. Ventes et analyse des performences. Lieu de travail agréable , bon lien de confiance avec les clientes.
Great place
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Pitt Meadows, BC5 November 2017
The pay wasn't the greatest but I really enjoyed the environment and the work itself. The hours were okay but it was nearly impossible to get a weekend off even booking far in advance
Environnement très compétitif
Commis d'entrepôt (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC3 September 2017
Une compagnie sans cesse grandissante avec un personnel de qualité autant les employés et supérieurs.
Pros
Activités et avantages
Cons
Cartes achat
Would not recommend working at this location
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON23 August 2017
This location has one of the worse management. They do not care for their employees, all they do is talk behind everyones back. Management is very unorganized and unprofessional, it really surprises me that this location is still running, with poor management and with all these employees quitting.
Pros
discounts
Cons
Everything!
It broke me down
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB21 August 2017
This company I had thought was a great place to start in a management position.
I have had an amazing store manager. She always is giving coaching and feedback, she's always there for us and I don't see that support for her.
In our district we've had multiple visits, now with a new operations director. It's sad that my manager in a very short time has done ALOT for the store, the district and the company and yet it's never enough.

I would like the "big guys" above her get the results they're asking for. My manager balances and pushes for a great work environment yet has to ask us for what they want and it leaves all of us feeling horrible about ourselves because no matter what we do it's not enough to keep the company happy.

Nothing like killing a business with unrealistic expectations.
Pros
Having a great store manager, trying on product, staff discounts, helping people, working for a Canadian company
Cons
Unrealistic expectations, overwhelming directives, stress, feeling unappreciated
Positive work environment, rewarding job, lots to learn
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 August 2017
Love working here. The working environment is really positive in my store and our regional is amazing. It took a bit of time with my manager but now love the management. Good flexible hours. Sometimes shifts do get changed last minute but the girls always check at the end of the night to call anyone if necessary. Very rewarding job and the discount is great. Also bonuses are not impossible to accomplish like making commission on $300 sales and have the best average sales for the month. Big downside is specific to my store, we are one of the smallest stores in canada and head office won't move us but still send us so much stock because we have great ratios. Overall love it here.
Pros
Discount, positive work environment, bonuses, customers are usually really great
Cons
Too small of space, can get really overwhelming

Ask a question about working or interviewing at La Vie En Rose. Our community is ready to answer.