La Vie En Rose Employee Reviews

adéquat
Préparateur de commandes (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC11 January 2019
En été, c'est très chaud car pas de ventilation interne
Pros
salaire raisonnable
Cons
pas de ventilation
Horrible Management
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON11 January 2019
The job itself is fairly standard, typical retail requirements. The issue with this place is the management. Expect the regional/district managers to come in and roll their eyes at you, sigh and make rude remarks to you/behind your back while they sit and talk on the phone for hours(and don't follow dress code). They all have favourites and if you aren't one of them expect everything to be your fault. Even experienced an unjust termination due to the store manager and regional managers favouritism. Super catty environment, like high school for adults.
bonne experience de service a la clientele
Conseillère aux ventes (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC30 December 2018
bien qu'un environnement purement féminin. Le style de gestion de l'entreprise permet de se dépasser par les objectifs de ventes.

bon premier emploi.
Don't do it.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB30 November 2018
Been there a year and have had 3 different managers, 1 whom wasn't even ready for the role. More "boss" then manager and that is a huge difference. Minimum wage, though they predict to make over 500 million in 2020. Several of my pay stubs are wrong, over/short for hours. Have a hard time understanding what "not available" means. Very little team environment, everyone has to be out for themselves or you get no where. You only get benefits if your full time and they hold back part of them for a year. I wouldn't recommend this place for a career.
Pros
50% discount on full priced items
Cons
Management, wage, benefits, hours, lacking team environment. All employees are expendable.
Good experience to learn
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ON25 October 2018
This job started out amazing. Love the products, love helping customers and seeing the happy looks on their face. This job does require sensitivity and patience since many people are indecisive, don't know what they want or are looking for, or uncomfortable with themselves/body. It was great being able to help people.

Commission was good, pay and discounts were good.

Only concern is the Aurora location (where I worked)...
Very bad management and VERY catty and competitive coworkers. EVERYONE talks behind peoples backs, they say cruel things and will treat you poorly throughout your shifts. Straight up bullying in the workplace, it was unreal. I would rate 0 stars if I could. Way too much pressure to work here.

I would 100% recommend shopping here however they are nicer and give better customer service at any other locations.
I would NOT recommend working at this location at all.
Pros
50% discount, commission, good pay, store itself + products, helping customers
Cons
breaks, management, coworkers
Worst place I’ve ever worked (trinity)
Sales Associate/Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON (trinity)15 October 2018
Where to start?!? The management is bad including regional manager (talk behind your back, be little you, lack of training, etc). Also some of the managers like to time theft (some of the managers would get bad if you don’t clock them in while they shop or visit other people while they’re clocked in). Rest of staff are good, but not a place to work if you don’t know if you have your job in a week etc at a time.
Pros
Good discount, staff under management are nice
Cons
Poor management and regional manager, afraid not having a job
learned about the company
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON26 September 2018
I was able to learn more about the company and the products. Working in a bra store is different than working in retail, having pros and cons. However, I think I learned more working here than other retail jobs could give.
Absolutely loved this job!
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB24 September 2018
One of the best jobs I have ever worked at, but was not able to continue due to unforeseen circumstances that took place in my personal life .My boss Jean, was amazing and very understanding, all the employees got along respected management and each other. I enjoyed helping all customers and making sure that they were happy with what they had bought from us.
Pros
Great work environment, great pay and amazing managment
Dynamic Work Environment
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  British Columbia13 September 2018
Energetic and fun, competitive work environment. The job was able to provide me with the schedule flexibility I needed while attending University. Perfect job to enhance sales experience and team dynamics.
Pros
Energetic and competitive work environment
Cons
N/a
Great environment and many learning experiences.
Cashier/ sales associate (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON10 September 2018
A typical day at work was helping as many costumers as possible and keeping them happy and in good hands. I had dealt with being on the floor helping costumers with their needs and also being a cashier. I learned how to always bring a positive attitude into your workplace and costumers will reciprocate. I learned how to deescalate a situation if needed. Management was great and always included everyone and was there to always help. The culture of this company was amazing and very accepting of every ethnicity. The hardest part of this job was juggling being at cash, answering phone, and helping costumers on the floor but it was all manageable. The most enjoyable part of this job was the respect given by everyone in the environment and how the workplace was taken seriously but also made you want to be there.
Pros
Group meeting to make business and working less stressful.
Cons
When the store was understaffed.
great company to work for
STORE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB1 September 2018
I enjoy seeing new customers, helping them with their purchases, helping ladies feel beautiful.

I had a great team, watching them grow and take on new responsibilities within the company
Catty behaviour but stable schedule and decent pay.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Kirkland, QC20 August 2018
A typical day at work consisted of delegating tasks and making sure the employees were tending to their sections and assisting as many customers as possible.
I learned a lot about packaging and shipping online orders.
Hardest part about the job was disciplining the employees. Felt like babysitting.
Best part about the job was making customers feel great with their purchases and constructing the visual presentation of the store.
Pros
Stable schedule. Competitive pay.
Cons
Inventory is long. Typical female environment. Lack of respect for authority.
environnement de travail agréable
Gestionnaire (Former Employee) –  Victoriaville, QC14 August 2018
très belle compagnie, belles valeurs d'entreprise, le respect était très important, belle relation avec les employées
It's a mess
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON31 July 2018
This company is very poorly managed to the point that they don't care that a large portion of stores are missing management positions and still expects its staff to function with excellence. The commission based environment causes for lots of stress and drama that is not handled with respect. Overall an unpleasant work environment.
Pros
I little extra money from commission
Cons
People are very hostile including management.
Negative Environment, Poor Management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB18 July 2018
La Vie En Rose is by far the worst company that I have ever worked for. I would never suggest to any one to work for this company. They are very cheap and pay you poorly and expect unrealistic sales goals and in return their is no sales incentives or anything that makes it worth your while.

The management is awful and not to mention catty. The managers love to gossip about their staff behind their backs making it a hostile and toxic work environment. They would sometimes sit on the phone and gossip for hours, usually with managers from other locations. Many of the girls who work there want to quit daily because of this.

I enjoyed working with the other sales associates and built some great friendships but the environment was still so toxic.

Everything was unorganized and poor about this company. The new stock was always done in a poor and untimely manner and usually dumped onto one sales associate.

The training was almost non-existent with this company. They basically threw you onto the sales floor after reading one booklet. Then they would expect you to know things they never bothered to teach you. Even the management team was clearly not trained well. They lacked managerial skills and it reflected badly onto the sales associates and the company as a whole.
Pros
excellent discount, some nice coworkers
Cons
Bad manager, unreliable hours, late schedules, long shifts, always slow, lack of training
the somewhat cool company
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB23 June 2018
I honestly did enjoy working for the company mainly because of the staff members I got the honor to work with and the relationships I obtained, however some of the company policies and the way new management behaved I was not impressed and the lack of advancement was dissapointing.
Pros
employee discount
Cons
unreliable management
Regional Management
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK12 June 2018
Interact with public, management was a challenge, high expectations with minimum support, pay was low, constant turnover, company policies education partly unreasonable
Pros
50% off merchandise
Cons
Paying for parking the same as customers
Conseillère à vie
Conseillère en vente (Former Employee) –  Bromont, QC7 June 2018
Le meilleur employeur dans le secteur de la vente et du service à la clientèle
nice work place - good pay
Cashier and Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ON26 May 2018
in charge of opening and closing store
bank deposits at end of night and balancing Point of Sale system
hours and pay is good
culture is nice , all women so very big on women empowerment
Competitive work space
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 May 2018
Every day started with cleaning the store. Every day you had a personal goal which was difficult to reach because the store was not too busy and there were many employees on the floor.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at La Vie En Rose. Our community is ready to answer.