La Societe

La Societe Employee Reviews in Toronto, ON

Toronto, ON7 reviews
No review to give as restaurant is closing Dec. 31
Nobody is getting severance and although i have worked here for nearly 5 years they have offered no help to find new employment.
Management is horrible, the staff is really great though. Culture between employees is good, foh and boh get along really well too. You will try really nice French food and learn about French food and wine everyday.
fun and productive place but very high management turnover...hard to be noticed and go for advancements. not a lot of menu changes so not too much learning
Pros
good menu
Cons
high turnover rate
Lively company with open and friendly staff. Flexible hours. Compassionate and understanding managers. Helpful coworkers: made it easier for me to understand the culture of the restaurant.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Labour intensive
La Societe is a restaurant that expects the best of you per service, it require the best of you as a worker, with the least of pay, its only made for servers
Pros
learning
Cons
not good pay
In my time at this restaurants my class room skills have been nurtured and the staff helped to foster a great respect for the kitchen environment and all it entails. I had the chance to meet some amazing Chefs and cooks who are extremely dedicated to their profession.
Pros
Amazing and fun co-workers
Cons
Tight work space
I've learned how to clean and move super fast and clean work with team, for example split the team and give them work that i know fit their strengths.
when you work in a team yo have have team there is no such hardest part of the job because everyone has their own strength.

the most enjoyable part is when we work as a team and get things done and help each other and communication too.
Pros
we pay for each others lunch every night
Cons
okay hours, not to long not to short