La Senza Management reviews

Managers suck and girls can be catty
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON10 June 2018
I worked here for 6 months. I had a horrible manager and some girls who work here are extremely catty and unwelcoming. I enjoyed working here until I was constantly bullied by my manager...
Pros
Fun place to work, 30% off discount
Cons
Rude, don’t schedule you right, not a friendly workplace
Great
Sales and Stock Associate (Current Employee) –  Pickering, ON18 April 2018
it's flexible, management is great and the atmosphere is welcoming. The team is amazing to work with! Unfortunately hours are not always guaranteed unless it's peak season.
Positive environment with an awesome team, and flexible hours
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB9 April 2018
I learned to work under pressure, and with customers which I feel in turn improved my customer service skills. Management was very helpful and understanding.
Benefits
Cons
busy
Best place to establish work ethic
Stock/Operations associate (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB8 April 2018
Hands down the most encouraging environment.
Flexible hours for all kinds of people, opportunities to continue up in the company, amazing pay for hard-workers, an opportunity for commission.
The coworkers are family, management always works their hardest to balance your schedule with theirs, and they always give you feedback on your work.
made some good friends
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB16 March 2018
The management team is great to work with. They treat majority of the staff with a lot of respect and are good about time off and availability. Its fun to be able to dress up for work as well.
Productive, fun workplace, exceptional team and management
Power Seller-Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC24 February 2018
I love the position that i am currently working as at La Senza. The team at this location is phenomenal and the management is fantastic. We each have individual sales contributions that are expected of us, in this competitive work environment. Working 30 -40 hours a week on a base wage plus commission has grown my capabilities greatly. Typically in an hour shift my sales contribution is approximately 2200 dollars. Contribution depends on hours worked/day. My job entails helping boost womens' confidence and assisting people with sizes. Aside from selling i am also a key holder and am responsible for opening and closing the store, receiving and processing shipment deliveries as well as executing floor sets and marketing changes.
Pros
Customer Connections, guaranteed hours, great team
Cons
inconsistent days off, no windows
Amazing atmosphere
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  London, ON19 February 2018
Working at La Senza was an amazing experience. It was a great way to integrate into the huge rushes of the Christmas shopping season, and it couldn't have been spent with a better group of people. Management is amazing, and the staff is great.
La Senza
SEASONAL CASHIER ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 February 2018
Empowering environment, hands on training for cashiers, flexible hours, hours available on holidays, management is great, ability to switch shifts with others if unavailable
Fun workplace
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB23 January 2018
This was one of my best jobs i enjoyed for sure! The staff and even upper management was always their to help me manage my team in anyway and anytime of the day! They were a great company!
Pros
upper management was great!
Cons
under staffed
Great First Job
Key Holder & Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC12 January 2018
Fun place to work, very accommodating to my school schedule. Culture, pay and benefits are what you would expect of a low level retail role. Management lacked appropriate training.
Awful place to work
Key Holder and Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK4 January 2018
Management was terrible, only management got benefits, very stressful environment, low pay and a lot of drama. Would never ever want to work for this company again.
Best work place ever!!!
Seasonal Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON23 December 2017
Management is amazing! Work doesn’t feeling a chore going in and never a boring moment. Really good with working around your hours. All the people are great and nice and are very helpful! And a very fast working environment.
Pros
Great management
Management is Biased and operates poorly
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON19 December 2017
The dramatics at the Stone Road La Senza destroys the working environment. They don't respecting employ who isn't a power seller and treat other staff members poorly. Any part-time employ shouldn't expect anything more than 8 hours a week. 3 hour shifts are very common and expect for shifts to be cancelled last minute.
Pros
lingerie
Cons
Management Team
a great and calm workplace with nice and helpful people
i need a job (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON15 November 2017
I have not yet had a job, but I am on the search for one. Hopefully I am eligible and meet the requirements for anyone that is hiring. I am very organized and have great time management skills. I am looking for a good experience and to work in a comfortable work space.
Pros
i get payed
Poor selling culture
Power Seller (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC31 October 2017
Management really ruined my experience of working at la senza, not only the store manager but district manager as well. The way the SM treated myself and the rest of the employees was very unprofessional and she was very patronizing towards us. I enjoyed the work tasks but the people I worked for made it unbearable for many of us. HR does nothing to solve any of your problems, there is no confidentiality when speaking to any of the higher ups in the company about your concerns either.
Cons
No work-life balance, condescending higher-ups, catty coworkers
Sucked
Power Seller (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS29 October 2017
i was only there for about 3 weeks but wow oh wow it was so bad, they threatened you and made you feel stupid and just very very bad hostile environment to be in
It was a different culture before Limited Brands purchase
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Pickering, ON4 October 2017
This company is another example of a Canadian business turned American. The atmosphere has taken a nose dive, and like many, dollars and not people, are the priority. It can be a fun environment to work in, great for students as part-time, but like most retail environments, it's heavy company politics from mid-management up. Very little room to advance, or receive any type of proper mentorship. They have taken the La Senza brand, and changed it almost unrecognizably, just a little at a time and I think they will continue to do so.
Pros
discounted bras on new styles and employee discount overall
Cons
High standards without the pay or staff to carry it through
Competitive work environment
WORK EXPIRIENCE AND VOLUNTEER WORK (Current Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB17 September 2017
Goal orientated work environment, extremely competitive. Management is very selfish. A typical day includes driving sales of merchandise, assisting women in the fitting room, operating the cash register, as well as clean up duties including sweeping floors, windexing the mirrors, taking out garbage, etc.
Pros
commission based
Cons
punishment if goals not met
competitive workplace
sales associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB4 August 2017
The downside of this job is that they always want more, your best is never good enough and they also tend to pick favoritism which can affect you. However, it all starts with the management, which is very poor and due to that we lost a lot of amazing staff. Aside from that it was a rewarding job knowing that you have the power to help women feel comfortable with there body.
Pros
gratis
Cons
hard on your feet
Worst job ever
Key Holder and Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON31 July 2017
First part time job, the job itself was fun but the company and management is disgusting. Completely unfair, never reasonable, and there's always drama. Management would always pick favourites (mostly power sellers because they made the company the most money) and would make everyone miserable. I would never want anyone to work there, EVER.
Pros
Absolutely none
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at La Senza. Our community is ready to answer.