LA Fitness

LA Fitness Employee Reviews

Found 163 reviews matching the searchSee all 5,463 reviews

fun place to work

Male dominated but if you are a woman with great sales skills , you will do well there . You have to put the time in to get your leads but if you do, your paycheques will reflect your hard work

Pros

atmosphere

Horrible Gym

Don’t waste your time to apply for this gym, the management are horrible, and they fired me because i want to pick my son from the day care and i told them that before

Pros

No pros

Cons

100 cons

Staff and management

Very great to work for…friendly atmosphere friendly members never stressful We all get along we all do our job and we work together. We get a free membership to work out

Good clients, bad hours and worse pay/training structure

Management was pretty good, facility was nice and clean.But only having 25 minute sessions with clients. Which costs the $56, where you only see $7.50. Is crazy. (Yes that is $15/hr. But if you have a gap between any sessions, you arent paid for it).After dozens of conversations. Not even management knew how to be move from personal trainer to a master trainer (get paid $11.50/session). Don't get any of the baseline data gathered from clients initial session, so have to either redo another assessment and goal setting session (which none of themever want to do)To rven get fulltime hours, need roughly 18 25 minute sessions per day. 5 days per week. Dont get paid to prospect or create programs on your own time. Which envourages using cookie cutter workouts...

Pros

Schedule in clients when you want to work. Get to personal traint

Cons

Only paid when training. Scheduling in clients can be a nightmare, low pay, longshifts, short sessionss

Fun place to work for fitness enthusiasts

LA Fitness was a great opportunity to take my personal fitness goals to another level. It’s exposes you to a variety of clientele and challenges your knowledge of the body and how to effectively communicate the needs and wants of each member.

Pros

Access to a commercial training facility

Cons

Salary

Team oriented world place

Great place for enhancement and to make money but risk family time. Stress of keeping your position by always achieving Club expectations and quotas. Any employee have the same opportunity to to be promoted to assistant and General manager by their ability to produce during pay periods.

Pros

Good money opportunity

Horrible management

Don't care about their workers, you can go above and beyond for this company and they will slam the door in your face in return. Management is constantly changing as well as workers, it's crazy going into work one week and taking a day off the next and the entire staff will have quit and new ones are there.

Pros

Short hours - easy for students

Cons

Horrible management

Good place to start

Good place to start your career as a trainer but not to maintain one. Friendly staff and co - workers makes it easy to come into work and to have a good time at work.

Great Environment

LA Fitness has been the most fantastic company that not only I've stepped foot in, but out of every company I've heard of. This doesn't just originate from the flexibility, amazing staff, fantastic environment, payment structure or benefits, but more importantly due to the fact they will recognize, promote, congratulate, isolate and embrace those that decide to work hard and persevere, and do what every it takes to achieve success.

Fast paced competitive

The days are long but if you focus and work hard to hit your quotas, they compensate very well. Also can move up in the company generally quick as they are quickly expanding all throughout Canada.

Management is the Worst Part

I loved my clients and majority of my coworkers. As for the company itself... not so much. You get clients assigned to you by the department that sells the personal training and if they don't like you or at least the sales manager doesn't then you're way less likely to get clients. This caused many trainers to quit at once at my location. Communication about stuff to trainers i found was limited, your basically expect to train your clients and leave. I also found for what the client pays, you don't make a whole lot and I didn't like that the sessions were only 30 minutes.

don't do it

you're better off unemployed or doing volunteer work for free not worth the stress for peanuts place is a joke could not stress enough to not even bother with this company

Great company

LA Fitness gave me a chance and even though I took that opportunity and applied hard work to then be promoted six months in. Showing hard work and passion I felt alot of attention and recognition for my achievements, personal calls from the Vice President to congratulate me, lunches, prizes and so on and so on. I have ADHD so benefits are extremely important considering my medication can cost up to $400 a month With my benefits I pay 10% of that and that's a privilege I receive with this company. as far as mental and physical health days and support from our piers we have is amazing and so humbling. The cons I have are very short and sweet. I feel staff do need to be held more accountable for their actions and more procedures involved with writing up employees when needed. The pay is amazing but the structure of the bonuses of quotas do change frequently and can be frustrating and slightly unfair but at the end of the day the top priority in sales is profit.

Worst place to work

You have to do their accounts payable for them and get yelled at by so many people ! My boss was horrible , horrible person who would treat us like idiots ! She has since been fired

productive and fun workplace

productive and fun workplace We issue guest pass that must be activated within 30 days from the date emailed and once activated at the club, the pass is valid for 5 consecutive days.

A good company to work, and grow and develop yourself . I learned many things that have helped me to develop my skills set. Also very fun environment to work.

You do the most for the least

Breaking your back for minimum wage pay with no chance of advancement nor a raise. You do the most but get paid the least, that's the corporate world for ya. If you really need the money then do it for a little while till you can find something better.

Different

Depends on the location you’ll have a blast, or you’ll pull your hair to go into work the days you are scheduled. My location was relaxed but it was pulling hair to go into work with the people I worked with

Good Experience Overall

My job is slow paced. I love my co workers. However, the pay and commission isn’t that good in my opinion. But I guess that’s expected from a part time position.

Gert place, but not much growth. Grreat general manager, friendly customers and supportive staff ...............................................

Good job

The environment was super chill as well as the coworkers. Everyone was always in a good mood. The job itself was super simple check people in, answer the phone pass it on to sales, then any outstanding accounts call and make collects if possible.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at LA Fitness. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

1.1K