LA Fitness Employee Reviews

Fun workplace
Sales Rep/Personal Trainer/Front Desk (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON7 September 2018
I like this job also but I ended up getting pregnant with my son so I had to leave due to morning sickness and ended up going back to school to get a degree
Pros
Great people
Cons
Desk I like moving around
la fitness
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  East Gwillimbury, ON15 August 2018
Customer service does most of the work while the sales / membership department does nothing but hang out the janitors are over worked with poor pay, management are the only people who make money
Pros
free work out
Cons
over worked
Horrendous experience ended very badly
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON13 August 2018
This employer had an awful operations manger who after 6 hours of training gave extreme responsibility and then punished when you didn't do what was the standard even though they hadn't taught you. The amount of times I had to deal with extremely angry customers who had canceled their memberships and were still getting charged was incredible. There was broken equipment relating to disability access that was broken for months and never fixed, the gym was not equipped with disabled friendly doors either. this employer would schedule you shifts up to 24 hours before with no notice and take shifts from you up to 24 hours before with no notice.
Pros
gym membership
Cons
horrible management
Changed my life
MEMBERSHIP SALES (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ON10 August 2018
Working at LA Fitness, it really taught me about all the different types of people, and more importantly, their stories. I would have never thought I'd hear the things I did before working for that company. Learning what really drives people and what is making them commit to a life change is inspiring. Working at LA Fitness I even got myself to lose 40 pounds. I'm not sure if this is across the board but at my particular location everyone felt like a family. The idea of prospecting was a little hard at first. However as soon as I got into the motions it became easier and easier to generate new leads.
Pros
Free Gym membership
Cons
good money, ways to grow in the company
Sales and Marketing Representative (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON26 June 2018
Good for sales experience, you'll meet a lot of good managers and people guiding you in a good sales driven way. For the most part the days are long, chill job overall.
cool
Customer Service/Client Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Fargo, ON22 June 2018
it was alright.....great place free membership. low salary though it was a lot of noise I worked with children and the parents took advantage of the membership perks
great location
Fitness Director (Former Employee) –  stamford,CT14 June 2018
very demending work long hours but cast are great guest are very friendly. very high expectation to reach sales goal, as a fitness director your responsible for the trainers as well as members which can very overwhelming at times
Pros
unlimited Access to the facility
skip this company
Master Trainer (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON29 May 2018
decent experience for a first time personal trainer
pay is not great but a good place to make connections and find clients for the future
awful management
Pros
flexible
Cons
poorly managed
Great Company
District Operations & Accounting Manager (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON28 May 2018
Great company to work for however for operations managers the compensation for what they do is not comparable. If they sorted out the benefits and pay associated to that, they would be A+++
Pros
9-5, weekends off, free gym membership
Cons
compensation, benefits
Productive and Engaging
Custodial Worker (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON7 May 2018
Each day was full of positive individuals with a healthy attitude towards society. The fellow employees were very helpful as well as communicative allowing a positive experience when returning the following day.
Pros
Straight forward labour
Cons
High Turnover
Fun and productive
Membership sales (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON24 April 2018
The environment is always uplifting and motivating. Learned about health and well being, customer service. The most enjoyable part was that coworkers became like family.
Fun place to work
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB8 April 2018
I had alot of fun working with people's kids playing games with them. I also enjoyed the free gym pass. It was a laid back environment. And I really enjoyed it.
Fun Work Environment
Master Trainer (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON1 April 2018
LA Fitness gives you the opportunity to pursue and engage your passion for fitness. As a trainer it is an extremely rewarding experience. Being able to see your clients achieve there goals makes the job worth it.
Pros
Seeing clients excel
Cons
long hors
Stressful and cut throat
Membership Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 March 2018
Unless you're from the area that you work in, getting leads is almost impossible. Management never helps you when people take leads and company's standards are through the roof. Minimum 50 calls per day and nearly no one picks up your calls and YOU get in trouble for making too many calls and booking no appointment. Pay structure is dumb, commission or hourly only. If you barely make over your commission you pretty much worked for minimum wage. This job expects you to have no life, 6 days a week 9 hour shifts. Horrible job.
Pros
Free membership
Great Company
Assistant Personal Training Director (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB6 February 2018
I enjoyed working for this company. There was always new things to learn, and training was always encouraged. Growth within' the company was always there to reach for. Management was amazing and supportive. Home/Work life balance was there, however there would be late evenings like any other job.
Pros
free gym membership
Cons
no lunch room
Productive and fun workplace but very long hours
Assistant General Manager (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB2 February 2018
In Sales Dept. at LA Fitness it is a revolving door as a minimum shift is 9 hours (1 unpaid hour for lunch included in there - obligatory) to 11 - hours. 5 days/ week for Sales Councils which is ok; however 6 days/ week for managers. You may feel micromanaged, if you look at it that way however I always liked the accountability aspect of that! I wish to be known as a professional that is productive 90% of the time, therefore, having management look at how I spend my time there worked for me. If you are a sleeper (the military term, not having to do with slumber) but if you like to hide and just warm a chair then you may not like it.
Pros
Independence and GREAT training. Top!
Cons
Good entry, not long term
Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON23 January 2018
Shady company in terms of integrity and honesty. Money is primarily the focus over client results. It's a good entry point for personal trainers. Easy to get in, clients are handed to you, and very chill when you have no clients.
Got paid for staying in shape!
Personal Training Director (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON23 January 2018
I have always been an active person with the love to achieve the impossible. I went into this gym in order to get a membership and fell in love with the atmosphere. 2 days later I was an employee. This fitness sales driven career taught me that sales is both quick and relentless. You can do really well really quick, or find out that it is not for you just as fast. Within 3 months I achieved what most working there for more than 3 years haven't. I got my own club and was able to form it the way I felt was best for image and business.
Pros
Workout and get paid.
Cons
Long hours.
terrible management and cleanliness standards
Cleaner/Janitor (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON21 January 2018
the gym itself is a poorly managed shiza show to say the least. i was hired as a cleaner for 3 months for 13$ an hour before the minimum wage went up. the whole shower area was covered in mold from floor to ceiling. i spent 2 months underpaid for the disgusting work i did. even though i signed on for 13$ cad an hour they only thought i was worth 11.40$ cad per hour on each pay cheque for 4 pay periods, all the while i was complaining to my manager that i wasn't getting paid what i was promised. in the end i left with a formal notice and only after another 2 weeks of waiting did i finally receive my back pay. i wouldn't recommend working for them
Pros
free gym membership
Cons
laughable work enviroment
High energy, fun and exciting work place with very driven co workers
Sales (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON17 January 2018
These were some of my tasks

Prospect a diverse group of people, business to business, outside sales
Event Planning, organization and set up
Corporate Wellness and relationship building
Cover front desk administrative tasks and maintenance
Make calls and build relationships with internal clients
Give club tours, be knowledgable on promos and pricing
Sales training and self growth

The management was absolutely incredible! I've never worked with such intelligent and motivated individuals. I learned a great deal from the people within this workplace. Happy positive staff. Lot's of fun. Be ready to work hard.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at LA Fitness. Our community is ready to answer.