LA Fitness

LA Fitness Employee Reviews

LA Fitness was a great opportunity to take my personal fitness goals to another level. It’s exposes you to a variety of clientele and challenges your knowledge of the body and how to effectively communicate the needs and wants of each member.
Pros
Access to a commercial training facility
Cons
Salary
Great place for enhancement and to make money but risk family time. Stress of keeping your position by always achieving Club expectations and quotas. Any employee have the same opportunity to to be promoted to assistant and General manager by their ability to produce during pay periods.
Pros
Good money opportunity
Cons
Don't care about their workers, you can go above and beyond for this company and they will slam the door in your face in return. Management is constantly changing as well as workers, it's crazy going into work one week and taking a day off the next and the entire staff will have quit and new ones are there.
Pros
Short hours - easy for students
Cons
Horrible management
Good place to start your career as a trainer but not to maintain one. Friendly staff and co - workers makes it easy to come into work and to have a good time at work.
LA Fitness has been the most fantastic company that not only I've stepped foot in, but out of every company I've heard of. This doesn't just originate from the flexibility, amazing staff, fantastic environment, payment structure or benefits, but more importantly due to the fact they will recognize, promote, congratulate, isolate and embrace those that decide to work hard and persevere, and do what every it takes to achieve success.
The days are long but if you focus and work hard to hit your quotas, they compensate very well. Also can move up in the company generally quick as they are quickly expanding all throughout Canada.
I loved my clients and majority of my coworkers. As for the company itself... not so much. You get clients assigned to you by the department that sells the personal training and if they don't like you or at least the sales manager doesn't then you're way less likely to get clients. This caused many trainers to quit at once at my location. Communication about stuff to trainers i found was limited, your basically expect to train your clients and leave. I also found for what the client pays, you don't make a whole lot and I didn't like that the sessions were only 30 minutes.
you're better off unemployed or doing volunteer work for free not worth the stress for peanuts place is a joke could not stress enough to not even bother with this company
LA Fitness gave me a chance and even though I took that opportunity and applied hard work to then be promoted six months in. Showing hard work and passion I felt alot of attention and recognition for my achievements, personal calls from the Vice President to congratulate me, lunches, prizes and so on and so on. I have ADHD so benefits are extremely important considering my medication can cost up to $400 a month With my benefits I pay 10% of that and that's a privilege I receive with this company. as far as mental and physical health days and support from our piers we have is amazing and so humbling. The cons I have are very short and sweet. I feel staff do need to be held more accountable for their actions and more procedures involved with writing up employees when needed. The pay is amazing but the structure of the bonuses of quotas do change frequently and can be frustrating and slightly unfair but at the end of the day the top priority in sales is profit.
You have to do their accounts payable for them and get yelled at by so many people ! My boss was horrible , horrible person who would treat us like idiots ! She has since been fired
productive and fun workplace We issue guest pass that must be activated within 30 days from the date emailed and once activated at the club, the pass is valid for 5 consecutive days.
A good company to work, and grow and develop yourself . I learned many things that have helped me to develop my skills set. Also very fun environment to work.
Breaking your back for minimum wage pay with no chance of advancement nor a raise. You do the most but get paid the least, that's the corporate world for ya. If you really need the money then do it for a little while till you can find something better.
Depends on the location you’ll have a blast, or you’ll pull your hair to go into work the days you are scheduled. My location was relaxed but it was pulling hair to go into work with the people I worked with
My job is slow paced. I love my co workers. However, the pay and commission isn’t that good in my opinion. But I guess that’s expected from a part time position.
Gert place, but not much growth. Grreat general manager, friendly customers and supportive staff ...............................................
The environment was super chill as well as the coworkers. Everyone was always in a good mood. The job itself was super simple check people in, answer the phone pass it on to sales, then any outstanding accounts call and make collects if possible.
You're working on your own which during the night time as a woman is a little scary because there are some creepy people out there but a lot of the times there was always someone who would look out for you. Another thing is you felt very disposable working there that they would fire you at any given moment even if you didn't do anything wrong. it's just the vibe that it got from it. it was nice working there though because it was a relaxing time as well. you can only make phone calls at certain and during those times you cant you make sure the facility looks clean and tidy which is nice.
Pros
Free gym membership
Cons
Feels like long hours but it's not, no benefits, part time, feeling disposible
Clean, very clean well i was working there. GM is extremely professional in the most positive way! Costomers and staff were all amazing people! If you are looking for a stress free work place this is it!
At LA I was first point of contact for everyone entering the building. Our location had about 4000 members with a daily traffic about 800-1000 people attending daily throughout the day. I was responsible for taking all calls and directing them accordingly. Checked in the kids to the play area each day. LA Fitness is definitely a paced environment.
very mixed fun and not so fun people constancie changing of the way the place is run awesome to get free work outs learn how to lift weights properly.
Pros
free workouts
Cons
negetive o.m
  1. Employee reviews