LA Collection Bridal & Formal Fashions Employee Reviews

Productive, welcoming, Fun place to work!!
Sales associate/Bridal consultant (Key Holder) (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB11 June 2019
I worked at LA Collection & I have nothing bad to say. The owners are amazing, super friendly, welcoming and very understanding.
Everyone at LA Collection works as a team and has fun! The atmosphere is great, as well as the experience you get from one on one interaction with customers!
Pros
Excellent management
Cons
Weekends
Great place to work!
Accounting Clerk/Bookkeeper (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB8 June 2019
I’m proud to be a part of LA Collection because I learned a lot from accounting in a retail business. What I really like the most working at LA is the support of the owner and sharing all his knowledge about their business and in the real world of retail business. I do admire the Owner’s hard work, passion and dedication of their business. Even if I just stayed there for a month, I am thankful i can say that I really do enjoy going to work everyday! And it’s so great to work for a company that truly cares for their employees.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB19 May 2019
This employer is just awful
Bridal Consultant (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB29 April 2019
If I could give them 0 stars I would. Treat their employees awful.
They tell you commission is part of the job when it is actually not.
They will fire you if you don't sell enough.
They watch everything you do on cameras.
5 May 2019

Unfortunately, this negative comment was posted by a past employee. We would like to clarify as follows:

Commissions have never been in place; however, bonuses have been rewarded for staff who pass their sales quotas. The point of working on the floor is to make sales. We have full and part time staff of about 20. And a very good reputation for over 18 years, and always busy.

The cameras are there for the prevention of theft and security purposes only. Never to “spy” on employees. This is an open store, everyone works within an open floor plan, and always side by side with their team, supervisor and manager. If you have nothing to hide the camera shouldn’t be of any concern.

Wonderful Team!
Office Administrator (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB16 January 2019
The teamwork environment at LA Collection is very strong and we all work together to help one another. Especially on those extra busy days! The staff are all very positive and connect well with one another. It is a great atmosphere to be in everyday.

it is a wonderful feeling to help someone find the perfect dress for one of the most important days of their life! I have even had tears in my eyes with them! It can be a long process, but very heart warming.

Assisting grads is exciting and challenging - it is a very big decision when there are so many dresses to pick from! It is very rewarding when they find "the dress".

The work/life balance is very important to me and management has been flexible and accommodating. They truly care about each employee and want them to excel.

I feel very fortunate to have found the perfect position at LA Collection!
Wonderful
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB26 October 2018
I have such great memories working at LA Collections I worked there for over two years and the customers were lovely and the staff were like my second family. Very understanding owners who listen to you and appreciate your work! The environment is very professional and creative the dresses are beautiful! I recently asked to come back to LA Collections and I was welcomed back with open arms and I'm internally grateful! I am so happy and proud to be working here again. Wonderful wages, great hours, fantastic staff and owners! If you want to make amazing memories, love what you do, have a good income, gain experience I would 100% recommend working here!
Pros
Amazing staff, competitive wages, good hours!
Cons
Very busy and at times overwhelming.
Great Place to Work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB26 September 2018
I used to work here for almost a year, and I'm really happy working at LA Collection. Even though I am not working there permanently anymore, they still let me taking over some freelance project to gain more experience. Both of the owners are very caring and hard working. They always take care of personal development and team competency, plus competitive benefits. Its obvious that no workplace is perfect, but I appreciate the honesty about how the management plans to improve. I am very proud to be part of the team.
feels like you're working with family
Office Assistant/ Social media specialist (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB6 September 2018
Working here is amazing. The management is supportive in many ways. They make you feel that you are really a part of the team. Although relatively new, I already learned essential things relating to retail store business set-up. Yen has been helpful teaching me how to do price updates. So far, I am enjoying my work here and I am looking forward to learn more.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
I'm very appreciated as an employee
Office Assistant/ Social media (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB23 March 2018
I'm a hard worker and I feel very appreciated for anything I do! This is a place where you can grow and stay with the company long term. If you're a hard worker and willing to learn. You can make career for yourself doing something fun in the fashion industry. I've learnt so much already and every day I learn something new! The owners are awesome to work for and they are extremely respectful and welcoming. They treat you like family and they make sure you feel comfortable.

They offer comprehensive training so that you can be a professional in your job position. On my first day they supplied me with a notebook and provided me with tons of information. However they did not overload me with information but they made sure I knew one task before moving on too quickly to the next. They also made sure I have all the right tools to do my job. They have great benefits and bonuses too!

The staff are also just as friendly and willing to help anyway they can. I really like working here and I've never been appreciated like this before. This is really great place to work if you 're a hard worker and you'll always be rewarded for working hard for the company.
Pros
Great working environment, water cooler
Amazing company and great place to work
Seamstress (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB1 November 2017
It's unfair to read the negative comments from the employees that didn't work out for whatever reason.

I have been a part-time employee for over 2 years and I am very happy with not only my coworkers but also the company owner. It's not only in their nature to be good, kindhearted, and friendly, but they also offer excellent wages, bonuses and good health benefits compared to other retailers.

No company out there wants to lose a good employee after spending so much valuable time going through resumes, interviews, and not to mention the cost for advertising for a job opening.
Pros
Very successful company. The staff is amazing and huge selection of dress designers.
Cons
Very busy place and sometimes overwhelming by the amount of customers.
Great Place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB19 October 2017
The most amazing part of this company is it does not let you feel like an employee, It feels like Family!

Management always try to listen to your needs and find ways to accommodate. They have been Great people to work for.

Great Pay,Benefits, and Bonuses as well!
Not a nice place to work, always hiring for that reason
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB19 September 2017
Not a very nice place to work. I feel like you're always being watched on the in-store camera to make sure that you're doing everything that you're supposed to, and the employer's are not very friendly. They're very pushy there for sales and they let almost everyone go that they hire within a short time as that is why they're always hiring which is a red flag for a business. Very uncomfortable place to work and also unprofessional.
Cons
Many
3 October 2017

We at LA Collection strive to offer our employees a safe and enjoyable work environment. Cameras are set up as a way to monitor theft prevention, not to monitor employees. We are sorry you felt management was too pushy, but in order for LA collection and other retail outlets to be successful, sales are a must. So if salespeople are not reaching reasonable sales quotas, then business suffers. I have always believed that the way you treat your employees is the way they will treat your customers.

We wish you the best in your future endeavors.

Worst empoyer ever
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB18 September 2017
Promised salary and benefits that could never been given. Took advantage of employees under "salary", used this term to make staff work long hours without proper pay. Owners were extremely unprofessional and talked about employees behind there backs. Notice how they are always hiring and don't have long term employees? These are the reasons why.
3 October 2017

We at LA Collection, offer top of the line wages and Life insurance, Dental, Health, etc benefits to all employees after 3 months, based on at least 30 hour work week. We do not force hours on any employees and work with them to reach a flexible and reasonable schedule. We are in the retail industry, and high staffing turnarounds are quite common. Many are students, or starting new families, or are moving on to better opportunities. However, we do have employees who have been with our company for over 15, 6, 4 and 2 years and still currently with us. We treat our employees with the utmost respect, as they are the driving force behind any successful business.

We wish you luck in your future endeavors.

terrible place to work
salperson (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB8 April 2017
i have never worked somewhere so unprofessional.. they are terrible to their employees. is is a revolving door of employees because the owners are terrible people. they told all of my co workers they they were terminating me before they told me. It was an awful experience. Truly one of the worst jobs i've had. a shame too because the customers were always lovely.
Pros
wonderful customers
Cons
everything else
10 May 2017

We are very sorry to hear about the experience you feel you had while employed at LA Collection. I can assure you we uphold strict rules with regard to professionalism in the workplace especially when it comes to our employees, unfortunately, it just didn't work out.

We wish you all the best in your future endeavors.