La-Z-Boy

La-Z-Boy Management reviews

Canada71 reviews
People are friendly and good place to work but as great management.

They did not paid as much use to be. I working with my coworker as well others but owner was not great person as others Company
Working for this company is like working for La-Z-Boy in the 1950’s. I don’t think the company has made a progressive structural change in its history. Considering the sales floor still operates on a commission based system that can only be compared to vultures fighting over the few scraps of meat that walk through the door, there wasn’t a week that went by without some sort of confrontation between sales staff. The managers basically acted like babysitters and mediators in a system that is set up to pin coworkers against one another. In addition to this, a complete lack of proper communication between departments leads to animosity and sometimes complete disregard of requests which end up costing the customers quality service. In addition to this, terrible compensation unless you were to have a middle month as a sales rep. Basically everyone else is underpaid.
Horrible culture where everything is based on seniority and who you know, their HR is a joke. Pay structure changed to the worse. absolutely the highest turnover rate I've seen within sales and management as well.
Pros
you can be late or leave early.
Cons
the pay and culture
As a commission sales associate, sales goals are aggressive. There is definitely an intense expectation for excellence 100% of the time. The management style here can be intense, but it places a high value on integrity. Plus the other sales associates are some of the most wonderful people you could ever meet, and everyone works to support one another.

The absolute best part of working here is the sales training you will receive. I have since worked with dozens of furniture stores across Western Canada and can honestly say the training at La-Z-Boy Edmonton is easily the best by a long shot.
La-Z-Boy is the best company I have ever worked for when it comes to management and company environment. Everyone is so kind, helpful, and inviting. They make you feel like family when you work there. I have had nothing but a great experience working there and have nothing but good things to say about the company.
Both upper management & work colleagues are amazing. People don’t leave. Pay structure is very good. I have worked at high end establishments that expect you to look after all the ordering, arranging deliveries, customer problems, receiving furniture when it arrives. Lazboy has staff that look after all of this. You do your job...your not expected to do things that are not on your job discription.
Pros
Best place to work.
Cons
Furniture is amazing & mechanism is American made. Every new product that comes in, I would like delivered to my home. My home won’t fit anymore furnishings.
Very much appreciate when i just came to canada they hired me right away and wait for me. I am very thankful for all of the owner of the la-z-boy. Thank you
Inclusive environment and understanding staff. Management is understanding to predicates employees face and eager to help all. Hours were lower then anticipated but pay was good.
Worked for La Z Boy for close to three years. In order to make a decent living you have to push extended warranties and in-homes. In homes are going out to customers homes with the store designer and designing room purchases. For in homes to qualify they need to purchase at least 10% in tables lamps or accessories. If you don't push these two things you will be making minimum wage because this job is 100% commission based.

New owners and management over last year was the reason for my departure. Owners will do anything they can to save a few bucks at the expense of the employees. If you make even the slightest error during the ordering process they will take half your commission on that item.

There has also been a lot of "misunderstandings" in the past year between sales staff and management. A lot of your pay is based on sales bonuses for completing in homes and reaching your warranty percentages. One thing they are hesitant to tell you though is you have to reach your monthly sales target to get your in home bonus which for 95% of the company is unreachable.
Pros
Occasional free lunches
Cons
Owners and upper management
Terrible management and sales targets are unreasonable. And they expect too much. Even the commission is not even worth your time cause they don't give you that much. Md zero balance in life.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
The work environment in the store is quite good, the team was amazing! You are however given unrealistic targets, with a company that is unwilling to adapt to modern sales techniques they are being left behind, there is so much potential but change does not happen. Traffic has consistently fallen year after year yet monthly targets go up from 10%-46% over previous years. They make it very difficult to do business from the customer perspective. There are virtually no benefits, you pay nearly $900 a year in premiums and receive a max of $1000 in reimbursement.

Although the team was close, management was quite negative and would literally bully staff about things out of their control.
Pros
The team, product, work environment, wonderful owners.
Cons
management - all levels, severe lack of effective marketing, no changes when needed, no benefits, unrealistic targets.
daily pressure to meet unrealistic sales goals. the opportunities to sell customers are few and far between. the merchandise is over priced. too many sales people on the floor. you think you can make good money but you can't. few sales people are making a decent living. you wait and wait for your turn to sell a customer and then they buy a $15 bottle of leather cleaner. the management is young and inexperienced and doesn't know how to motivate in a positive way
Pros
the other sales people are nice to work with
Cons
unrealistic sales goals very hard to meet
Beware, the new manager is a total creep. He is trolling for girlfriends and not real employees. Dates numerous women at the 3 different locations. Recently divorced and a sleaze bag. Stay away from this sinking ship. Who buys this ugly furniture anymore? Brand is dying. Stores are too big, no foot traffic and outdated inventory. Be prepared to be harassed if you apply.
Pros
Good retail working hours
Cons
The responsibility as a salesperson, in my opinion, was your client comes first and foremost. Knowledge of new products, and sales requirements and techniques on the floor. Constantly being evaluated as a salesperson by management. Other responsibilities include invoicing, financing, promoting warranty, delivery, customer complaints and being able to work well with other salespeople. The job also has long hours of particular sales events and salespeople must come to work early to clean their area of the store every work day and be available to stay late for meetings.
Pros
Working with clients to help them find options that work for them and their home
Cons
Long hours, weekends, evenings, customer complaints, sale quota penalties
I have been employed for many years and worked for some of the biggest companies (Hilton and UPS). This company is BY FAR the best run and most positive company I have ever experienced.
The job interviews were respectful, knowledgeable, and efficient. My superior is completely available for any support needed and will obtain any tools I feel are necessary to do my job better. My co workers are all intelligent and energizing. We really do function as a team . Some companies talk about being "Family" but this one really lives up to the concept. If you are willing to earnestly work hard, be humble and make a nice income consider applying. I have found my Forever Job and couldn't be happier!
Pros
Cons
Typical retail irritation, sore feet, cranky customers, nothing really big tho......
Very high tension environment. Employees struggle to work with one another which can cause disputes. Management is at times to busy to work with employees but are very caring people.
Pros
Office Admin experience
Cons
Negative work environment
Good people
Poor pay

Not a lot of weekend time off

Not a great amount of ability to move upwards in admin

Management are easy to speak to
Owners are lovely people
Hourly rate is very poor for the amount you are responsible for admin
Most staff are very supportive. Upper management very demanding.
Team opens and inspects furniture and ensures customers are completely satisfied. Best thing about the job was seeing the customers happy faces.
Pros
Steady paced bussiness
I loved this company for the first 3.5 years there. But there was a huge swing after moving to a new warehouse. I ended up being promised advancement only to then be told I was not doing a good job. Even though I was taking on more and more responsibilities I was never compensated for working harder, and like I said the harder I worked, the more I showed the management I wanted to advance the more I was told I was doing a bad job.
Provided on going training
Advancement

Fun & Positive staff

Management was very supportive and provided professional information in order to perform responsabilities
A typical day in the warehouse consists of clean up, preparation and inspection of merchandise for customer orders. Doing inventory as well as helping sales staff and management with other duties. A typical day on the truck consists delivering furniture to customers, addressing customer complaints onsite as well as coordinating with management to resolve any issues. Both general employees and management staff are very friendly. The most enjoyable part of the job is that its never the same pace each day.
Pros
group insurance