La-Z-Boy

La-Z-Boy Employee Reviews for Sales Representative

Sales Representative7 reviews
Canada7 reviews
Really enjoyed selling the furniture. Great quality and was fun helping clients select what was right for them. I even did fairly well at it. However the staff get very competitive and do whatever they can to downgrade another employee. You need a thick skin and tough attitude to work in that kind of environment.
Pros
Great product, easy to sell, great owners, good training
Cons
managers were not supportive, staff were clickish.
People are friendly and good place to work but as great management.

They did not paid as much use to be. I working with my coworker as well others but owner was not great person as others Company
Great retail sales environment; positive people; good culture; highly professional. Excellent quality furniture to market; lots of marketing and promotions; constant awareness.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Every weekend
Horrible culture where everything is based on seniority and who you know, their HR is a joke. Pay structure changed to the worse. absolutely the highest turnover rate I've seen within sales and management as well.
Pros
you can be late or leave early.
Cons
the pay and culture
Worked for La Z Boy for close to three years. In order to make a decent living you have to push extended warranties and in-homes. In homes are going out to customers homes with the store designer and designing room purchases. For in homes to qualify they need to purchase at least 10% in tables lamps or accessories. If you don't push these two things you will be making minimum wage because this job is 100% commission based.

New owners and management over last year was the reason for my departure. Owners will do anything they can to save a few bucks at the expense of the employees. If you make even the slightest error during the ordering process they will take half your commission on that item.

There has also been a lot of "misunderstandings" in the past year between sales staff and management. A lot of your pay is based on sales bonuses for completing in homes and reaching your warranty percentages. One thing they are hesitant to tell you though is you have to reach your monthly sales target to get your in home bonus which for 95% of the company is unreachable.
Pros
Occasional free lunches
Cons
Owners and upper management
The responsibility as a salesperson, in my opinion, was your client comes first and foremost. Knowledge of new products, and sales requirements and techniques on the floor. Constantly being evaluated as a salesperson by management. Other responsibilities include invoicing, financing, promoting warranty, delivery, customer complaints and being able to work well with other salespeople. The job also has long hours of particular sales events and salespeople must come to work early to clean their area of the store every work day and be available to stay late for meetings.
Pros
Working with clients to help them find options that work for them and their home
Cons
Long hours, weekends, evenings, customer complaints, sale quota penalties
-sold mattresses to clients that came in for a new bed
-good things come to those who wait. which I had to do a lot.

-friendly ad caring

-considerate, kind and helpful

-waiting for customers to come into the mattress section

-making a sale and seeing how happy people were when they knew they were going to sleep much better that night.
Pros
treats left in the lunch room at times by one of the staff members for the rest of us
Cons
they didn't need a full time person in the mattress department
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at La-Z-Boy?