La-Z-Boy
How has this company responded to COVID‑19?
Learn more

La-Z-Boy Pay & benefits reviews: Sales Associate

Sales Associate131 reviews
No advancement with the company and part timers get treated different from full timers. Full timers get bonuses and paid Holidays and part timers do not.If they work on holidays they get double time part timers reg pay.
I enjoy working with people, so I had a blast. Most of your pay comes from commission so you have to be good to make money. Very competitive in a negative way. Hours are not to flexible.
Pros
fun job
Cons
little room for advancement
Mainly stressful, over worked and un appreciated. Manager talked to you rudely any time something needed to be done at the job. But pay was pretty good. If that’s more important to you
Great place to work with great compensation package. Culture is relaxed and team oriented. No real room for advancement in management and you work every weekend. Overall it is great company if you can handle the every weekend aspect of it
Pros
Excellent opportunity to make some serious money
Cons
Work every weekend
Management will lie to you at the interview about compensation. Not only was I told I would be making more hourly than they actually pay, I was also told my commissions would be well above what it is actually possible to make there. If management had been honest, the rate they paid might have been worthwhile, but if you can't trust them to state what you're going to be paid and follow through, how can you trust them to do anything else?
I’ve worked for this company for about two months and I don’t plan on leaving anytime soon. The owner has an amazing heart and skilled leadership. He is VERY knowledgeable when it comes to business and workplace. He’s honest, and cares so much about all of us, and is there whenever we need him. Before I started I was going through a rough time and I’ve gotten so much support from him and my manager. It’s FUN to work here with my coworkers. Anytime any of us need help with anything we’ve got each other for support. The manager is AWESOME he will go out of his way to help any way he can, very honest and a hard worker. The salary is great! The bonuses and incentives are so generous. It is a blessing to work here no doubt!
Pros
Hours, management, environment, salary, bonuses, insurance
Cons
I don’t have any cons
Culture changed after they went commission a yr. Ago. You are only as good as your last LARGE sale. Lots of pressure and constantly comparing to each other.
Pros
Generous discount
Cons
Cutthroat environment
Your life is sucked dry as they lower your pay every time you are close to hitting a goal they raise it so they never have to give out the bonus. Training is good but you are basically told to lie to customers
People steal your sales at every turn. The top sellers get all the say. So if they steal the most they keep getting fed easy high volume sales on top of what they steal. This company has grown too fast to accommodate itself and it’s people. Their vision of a raise is allowing you to make more money by working harder (tiers grow but the minimums are raised with it). In order to make over 50k a year you have to work over 50-60 hours a week on average. They punish you for taking vacation unless you work from your phone. And all of the reviews that are good below are from the The owner’s family or VP’s who make 100-200k a year with no degree or experience to merit it. They have just found who to be buddy up to.
Last selling point... they will try and enforce you to work during national emergencies (hurricanes, unusual snow storms, and monumental floods) when the gov’t tells you to evacuated or stay home they want you working.

How can this company be Christian based with this work ethic?!
Pros
Decent discount on furniture.
Cons
Obamacare is generally cheaper and better for everyone, mandatory holiday, punishes for vaca, the list goes on.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at La-Z-Boy?
At first I really enjoyed this job and thought I had a chance for advancement. It is hr +commission however there really isn't any managment. And when they tell you that you will be a designer or a design assistant it's not true. It's not actual design work and when you do advance in anything else. They will refuse to pay you more. I honestly loved my job. But I Quit my bosses because to be completely honest.. it's a pyramid... and when you catch on to it. They will do whatever it takes to vote you out. And it's easy for people to steal sales so If you dont work every day all day. You will get your sales stolen from your best coworker. This job brought out the worst in people.
Pros
Benefits. Discount. Experience
Cons
Short breaks. Long hrs. Poor managment. Untrust worthy staff. Pyrimid scheme.
Working on commission only is fine if you have "buying" traffic....not just"shopping around" walk thru groups who are just visiting the area. Mis-represented from the get go ......not as much money to be made there. Long hours and many many block out days for time off. A lot of management turnover.
Pros
nice area
Cons
no water fountain long days
A typical day included, greeting customer and finding their wants and needs in furniture styles. I learned to listen well and provide decorating to their satisfaction.Management and associates were very pleasant and great team work.The hardest part was traveling 27 miles each way and it was an awesome showroom and excellent place to work.
Pros
Benefits and discounts
Cons
The traveling distance
Typical retail employment Work every holiday. Great co-workers. Fair management. Learning system is a challenge. Would consider re-employment if retail hours changed.
Pros
Commission pay
Cons
Work Holidays
I worked with nice people, but the pay is insufficient. The hours were horrible, plan on working every weekend and holidays too. No time for a home life. Hours change weekly with only a few days notice, so it's impossible to make plans for days off.
Pros
Nice stores
Cons
Hours are difficult, Pay is low
Looooved my coworkers and the company itself. Hours could have been better. Pay could be higher, but overall, great place to work. 401k even for part time.
Pros
Relaxed environment, friendly coworkers
Cons
Lower Pay, restricted time off
While I loved my managers here and my coworkers, I feel the job is underpaid for what is required and it is very hard to make headway in the company unless you start as a full time employee.
Pros
Great employee Discount
Cons
underpaid, lots of turnaround, stressful
Draw against commission is not for everyone but if you can maintain and hit your goals you can make very good money. Lazboy is an excellent company to work for.
Pros
Excellent company
Cons
Stressful
I have enjoyed working at Lazboy. I enjoy assisting my clients with their decorating needs. Commission sales, some weeks great pay, some weeks, not so great but overall decent pay.
Pros
Enjoyed working with the clients, overall fun atmosphere.
Cons
No weekends off, difficult to attend family functions during holidays working retail.
Worked part time for lazyboy, usually about 20-25 hours a week. Relaxed environment and a lot of down time if it is a slow day. Days with a lot of traffic through the door are the best because you stay busy. The pay is NOT that good though. There is no commission at all and the hourly pay isn't that great either. If you are part time and looking for your first job, I would recommend it. Other than that , I wouldn't recommend this job.
Pros
down time, works well with school schedule
Cons
can be very boring, pay isn't good, no commission
Good company to work for-good benefits. great products to sell and good work environment. Nice showroom and management team is great. Friendly place
Pros
Good atmosphere & good commission base
Cons
Long monthly training 2-3 hr drives
La-z-boy is a great company with a great product and it practically sells it in my particular store the management was not strong but there are other stores were the management is strong and that would be an ideal place to work it's fun you grow it's not boring compensation is great overall it was an enjoyable place to work