La-Z-Boy

La-Z-Boy Employee Reviews for Office Administrator

Office Administrator2 reviews
Canada2 reviews
There is always something going on, here at La Z Boy. Everyday you learn something new. The Staff in super friendly; enough to call them your second family. They're super flexible when you need a day off here and there. Mind you, there is a lot to learn and remember as an Administrative Assistant, but once you've done the same thing 100 times, it all becomes second nature.

Overall, this is a great place to work if you're only looking for part-time, especially for students looking to get admin experience!
A Typical day at work, we were asked to move furniture, clean the store, sometimes no breaks or lunch,no customer service, Lazboy used to sell a quality product, however, in the last 5 years they have opened up factories in China, poor quality, they no longer stand behind what they sell, constant complaints from customers, the staff had to deal with. When they closed the plant in Canada, they also stopped making a product of quality, that you could would be proud to sell to anyone.

If you had a bad week and did not sell, you would not get paid, if they did pay you, it was on a draw which had to be paid back.

When the store first opened in Kingston it was a good place to work we had an amazing team of associates, we all did very well, after 5 years the owner fired our General Manager and hired someone who knew nothing about sales or customer service or management, it was hard to stay after that, now the whole staff has been replaced, and the store has really gone downhill, they have a very bad reputation in the area.

I was asked to lie to customers and sell warranties that did not cover specific pieces of furniture, I refused, when you have to compromise your morals and values it is time to move on.
Pros
co-workers when i was there, great team however all have left now
Cons
on your feet all day, limited benefits you have to pay for, long hours, you must come in before you shift starts, no breaks, cleaning the store, moving furniture, damaged product on the floor to sell.