La-Z-Boy

La-Z-Boy Employee Reviews in Calgary, AB

Calgary, AB9 reviews
It's a great company to work for every day brings new people with new and interesting desires, furniture and comfort needs! I get to do what I love and that is to help people, no matter what their needs are in this or any other industry! I get to meet people from all levels of personal, professionals, business owners and corporate executives from pretty much every industry and from some so many different walks of lives and different nationalities! I get to know that I have played an important part, in helping them fulfill their desires and satisfy their business needs!
Beware, the new manager is a total creep. He is trolling for girlfriends and not real employees. Dates numerous women at the 3 different locations. Recently divorced and a sleaze bag. Stay away from this sinking ship. Who buys this ugly furniture anymore? Brand is dying. Stores are too big, no foot traffic and outdated inventory. Be prepared to be harassed if you apply.
Pros
Good retail working hours
Cons
Staff is very nice and energetic
They do well at training ew individuals

The work environment is very upbeat and at times goofy

The managers sincerely care about their staff
Loved working at La-Z-Boy! Great benefits and got my 2 days off per week. Loved working with the customers and got on very well with my co-workers.
Pros
Benefits and pay was great!
Cons
Got Laid Off
I very much enjoy coming to work on a daily basis, the business has slowed down a lot in the last few months. It has managed to get very boring around here, even when your looking for everything possible to do, this is why i am leaving.
The management here, is incredible, La-z-boy is an amazing place to work, you get along well with your bosses, your co-workers and we all come together as a team to get the job done.
Pros
bbq's on weekends with big sales
Cons
boring evenings, with no work to do
Typical day would be answering all incoming calls, directing calls to the correct department or person, faxing, filing, courtesy calls and scheduling deliveries. I learned lots there! I learned communication, phone etiquette, some financing, returns etc. The management were respectful and understanding. Co-workers were fun to be around and helpful. The hardest part of the job was trying to handle angry customers that refused to listen. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to learn so much! I learned something new almost everyday. Also, being the first ones to greet the customers was my favourite as well.
Pros
Challenging, interactive and flexible
Cons
Sitting all day long.
We take turns with customers in helping them thru a process of selecting fabrics and furniture that reflects who they are. I learn something everyday about my customers and co-workers. My manager is awesome and the hardest part of this job is keep my patients with my co-workers. I love designing and meeting my clients.
Pros
Working independently within my job
Cons
Some of my co-worker are difficult to work with
Not good managers, minimum chances for raises or promotions
Pros
free used furniture
Cons
terrible administration
Had alot of fun working here
My co workers were amazing and the hours were great