La-Z-Boy

La-Z-Boy Employee Reviews

Really enjoyed selling the furniture. Great quality and was fun helping clients select what was right for them. I even did fairly well at it. However the staff get very competitive and do whatever they can to downgrade another employee. You need a thick skin and tough attitude to work in that kind of environment.
Pros
Great product, easy to sell, great owners, good training
Cons
managers were not supportive, staff were clickish.
Terrible and would not recommend to anyone run run run. They will not respect your time and has the worst work family Ballance possible. They will squeeze every ounce with no additional comp.
The commission percentage changes each month per how your delivered sales were the previous 3 months. When the customer refuses to purchase the treatment, you are encouraged to send that sale to the house and you will not be paid on it. The store manager will say one thing and totally do the opposite regarding how you are paid, the schedule and policy & procedure depending if he had a good day.
Pros
La-Z-Boy Brand recognition - good traffic
Cons
paid after items are delivered, 10-16 weeks for delivery, you are paid on the next pay period after delivered..
A lot of manual labor, but it helped me get a better job later. I liked the people I worked with and supervisors gave all the overtime I wanted at a time when I really needed it.
Pros
Fellow employees
Cons
Hot factory work.
The designer is Not friendly!
On the log sheet For Commission she actually changed what I wrote down to get me in trouble but I reported her. The manager upset me all the time where I couldn’t do my work efficiently! So I had to resign! I did sell over $300,00.
Pros
We ate at The desk so Didn’t clock out sometimes for lunch!
Cons
Commissions And 401 Earn points and canbuy through a book!!
Horrible place to work. I personally was lied to in the interview until I was let go. The schedule says Monday-Thursday, this is total B.S.! While I was there we worked Monday-Saturday, 10 hours everyday, and they are still working at least 10 hours Monday-Friday. There is constantly someone over your shoulder "cracking the whip" the entire time you are there. They put you in small groups of people and call them "cells." Which fits well because you feel like you are in prison the entire work period.
Pros
Absolutely nothing!
Cons
Everything!
The work culture is very good. The management is responsive. The main office is beautiful. The communication between management and general staff is very good
Great entry level sales. Lots of favoritism in the company. Very hard to advance unless you're recommended for a rep position and plenty of people who won't have a problem throwing you under the bus for an extra buck.
Will not be treated like a valued person unless you are highest salesman. Company owner is great, 5 stars. Manger doesn’t help you succeed. Manager plays favorites. Manager is hypocritical. Manager goes on an ego trip. Manager lacks leadership skills. Manager has short temper. Manger should strictly stick to selling because manager is incapable of managing a store. No work life balance. Changing pay structure. Easy job. Would be great place to work with proper management.
Pros
Easy work
Cons
No work life balance
Beware of the Alamo Downs warehouse they'll talk you in during the interview but don't tell you your doing 90 percent of everyones job.
Get treated like your the problem but really its management that has no structure unless you one of the "guys" that you have to cater to so they dont get to sweaty.
Pros
Cons
The pay and workload
The retail hours and pay were difficult to work with. Training is decent. The staff and customers as well as challenge of the industry were wonderful!
Pros
Team. Customers. Openness Of Management
Cons
Long Hours. Low Pay.
I enjoy part of my job because I know when we are making these chairs and recliners we are making theses for people that are sick in the hospital and big companies that are having meetings
Lazyboy is a welcoming and inclusive place to work. A lot of care and attention is paid to the internal team as well as our customers. There is plenty of training available to make sure that the store teams feel comfortable with the product and are able to communicate the Lazyboy value to our customers.
Pros
Great work teams
Cons
They are a good company to work for and if you ever decide to work with them to always be on your feet and pay attention and work hard and do the best you can
after 24 years only making 19.78 hr. treat the support people horribly, if you are not top management or sales it is horrible. I was harassed by another employee, whom has several complaints, she is still there, I am not.
It's a horrible sales job. Everyone is at each others throat for money. people will flip out over a dead lead. Horrible management that will be rude!!
Pros
nothing
Cons
its a waste of you time
La-Z-Boy is a for-profit business focused on share-holder and customer satisfaction. Employee engagement and satisfaction are key to achieving the first two, and LZB strives to make team members happy. Employee safety is very important. La-Z-Boy is willing to invest in innovation to maintain/increase market share. Management actively pursues building up team members for advancement. I enjoy working at La-Z-Boy very much.
Love working for a company that provides high quality furniture. Its a friendly environment. At long as you keep providing sales and customer service, you will have a job.
Pros
Easy selling good furniture.
Cons
No cons if you are good in sales.
Management is very understanding and procedures are very easy to follow. Overall nice working environment and good people to work with. Organization and communication are key parts of the job.
Awful leadership. Terrible policies on workplace relationships that are allowed. Designer in Natick is an awful human being and will sabotage your job
Overall nice working environment, nice people No one really is excited for your growth in the company They put your on 90 days (the middle of a world crisis)! Then let you go when they’re running into financial stress The excuses are lame, but overall it was not my “cup of tea” Too many customers complain about the furniture and the price point