La-Z-Boy
La-Z-Boy Employee Review

Welcome to the La-Z-Boy Family

29 October 2017
I have been employed for many years and worked for some of the biggest companies (Hilton and UPS). This company is BY FAR the best run and most positive company I have ever experienced.
The job interviews were respectful, knowledgeable, and efficient. My superior is completely available for any support needed and will obtain any tools I feel are necessary to do my job better. My co workers are all intelligent and energizing. We really do function as a team . Some companies talk about being "Family" but this one really lives up to the concept. If you are willing to earnestly work hard, be humble and make a nice income consider applying. I have found my Forever Job and couldn't be happier!
Pros
Cons
Typical retail irritation, sore feet, cranky customers, nothing really big tho......
6 August 2019
Same role
Interior Design Consultant (Former Employee) - London, ON
Both upper management & work colleagues are amazing. People don’t leave. Pay structure is very good. I have worked at high end establishments that expect you to look after all the ordering, arranging deliveries, customer problems, receiving furniture when it arrives. Lazboy has staff that look after all of this. You do your job...your not expected to do things that are not on your job discription.
Pros
Best place to work.
Cons
Furniture is amazing & mechanism is American made. Every new product that comes in, I would like delivered to my home. My home won’t fit anymore furnishings.
3 June 2019
Same location
Administrative Supervisor (Former Employee) - Kingston, ON
Customer service isn't for everyone. Mix that in with the stress of sales and retail and you have LZB. It's a great place to work if you enjoy the challenge of highs some days accompanied by some lows.

LZB Kingston is owned and ran by its head office in Ottawa making some direction from head office difficult for employees. Lack of clear communication and expectations was always an issue.

Day to day tasks were easy and manageable. Assist customers, manage accounts and notes, cash handling, some inventory.

Hardest part of the job: would be trying de-escalating customers over issues you had no control over (example: delivery not happening, weather event, item not shipped on time).

Best part of the job: happy customers, the one's who are polite, smile, and understand you are human and trying your best.
Pros
Occasional free lunch, discount on merchandise
Cons
Irate customers, retail hours
6 January 2014
Same location
Sales Representative, LA-Z-BOY (Former Employee) - Kingston, ON
-sold mattresses to clients that came in for a new bed
-good things come to those who wait. which I had to do a lot.

-friendly ad caring

-considerate, kind and helpful

-waiting for customers to come into the mattress section

-making a sale and seeing how happy people were when they knew they were going to sleep much better that night.
Pros
treats left in the lunch room at times by one of the staff members for the rest of us
Cons
they didn't need a full time person in the mattress department