La-Z-Boy

La-Z-Boy Employee Reviews

Canada71 reviews
Great place to start a job
La-Z-Boy is a great place to work for. They are willing to help and teach all those in need that require a job. And help learn the essentials of running a buisness
notGood productive
People are friendly and good place to work but as great management.

They did not paid as much use to be. I working with my coworker as well others but owner was not great person as others Company
Structured like the 1950’s
Working for this company is like working for La-Z-Boy in the 1950’s. I don’t think the company has made a progressive structural change in its history. Considering the sales floor still operates on a commission based system that can only be compared to vultures fighting over the few scraps of meat that walk through the door, there wasn’t a week that went by without some sort of confrontation between sales staff. The managers basically acted like babysitters and mediators in a system that is set up to pin coworkers against one another. In addition to this, a complete lack of proper communication between departments leads to animosity and sometimes complete disregard of requests which end up costing the customers quality service. In addition to this, terrible compensation unless you were to have a middle month as a sales rep. Basically everyone else is underpaid.
Productive and fun
Great retail sales environment; positive people; good culture; highly professional. Excellent quality furniture to market; lots of marketing and promotions; constant awareness.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Every weekend
Horrible place that is poorly managed
Horrible culture where everything is based on seniority and who you know, their HR is a joke. Pay structure changed to the worse. absolutely the highest turnover rate I've seen within sales and management as well.
Pros
you can be late or leave early.
Cons
the pay and culture
Great people, poor compensation.
Wonderful people, my manager was awesome. The only issue was financial compensation. No room to move up at the administrative store level. Would go back for more money.
Best Training in the Industry
As a commission sales associate, sales goals are aggressive. There is definitely an intense expectation for excellence 100% of the time. The management style here can be intense, but it places a high value on integrity. Plus the other sales associates are some of the most wonderful people you could ever meet, and everyone works to support one another.

The absolute best part of working here is the sales training you will receive. I have since worked with dozens of furniture stores across Western Canada and can honestly say the training at La-Z-Boy Edmonton is easily the best by a long shot.
I dont reccomend working here
This company doesnt make anyone who doesnt fit their ideal look feel welcomed no matter how great of a worker they are. Not welcoming at all. Cold. Dont work here
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at La-Z-Boy?
Fun Staff Great Lunch room
Nice Friendly Staff
lots of heavy lifting

Meeting tight deadlines

Organization is Key

Typical Day would be uploading delivery orders and Assembling orders as needed to go out for delivery
Amazing Company
La-Z-Boy is the best company I have ever worked for when it comes to management and company environment. Everyone is so kind, helpful, and inviting. They make you feel like family when you work there. I have had nothing but a great experience working there and have nothing but good things to say about the company.
Excellent place to work.
Both upper management & work colleagues are amazing. People don’t leave. Pay structure is very good. I have worked at high end establishments that expect you to look after all the ordering, arranging deliveries, customer problems, receiving furniture when it arrives. Lazboy has staff that look after all of this. You do your job...your not expected to do things that are not on your job discription.
Pros
Best place to work.
Cons
Furniture is amazing & mechanism is American made. Every new product that comes in, I would like delivered to my home. My home won’t fit anymore furnishings.
productive and fun workplace
Very much appreciate when i just came to canada they hired me right away and wait for me. I am very thankful for all of the owner of the la-z-boy. Thank you
Poor Management - Easy Enough Job
Customer service isn't for everyone. Mix that in with the stress of sales and retail and you have LZB. It's a great place to work if you enjoy the challenge of highs some days accompanied by some lows.

LZB Kingston is owned and ran by its head office in Ottawa making some direction from head office difficult for employees. Lack of clear communication and expectations was always an issue.

Day to day tasks were easy and manageable. Assist customers, manage accounts and notes, cash handling, some inventory.

Hardest part of the job: would be trying de-escalating customers over issues you had no control over (example: delivery not happening, weather event, item not shipped on time).

Best part of the job: happy customers, the one's who are polite, smile, and understand you are human and trying your best.
Pros
Occasional free lunch, discount on merchandise
Cons
Irate customers, retail hours
Great place to work, friendly and supportive.
I enjoy my work with La-Z-Boy. Work with a very supportive crew. Lively and fun. I have had many opportunities with the company and when some did not work out as planned I was welcomed back to my original department with open arms.
Good work environment
Inclusive environment and understanding staff. Management is understanding to predicates employees face and eager to help all. Hours were lower then anticipated but pay was good.
Great Job
It was a great company to work for and would work there again. I enjoyed everyone I worked along with and we all acted as one family. Definitely a family culture.
Good environment
Job was fun because of the other employees who worked there the atmosphere was fun for the most part work was very. Hard didn’t really have timeline usually would work until job is finished
une job que j aime
J'aimerais etre heureuse en allant faire un travais que j aime
Toxic enviornment
Worked for La Z Boy for close to three years. In order to make a decent living you have to push extended warranties and in-homes. In homes are going out to customers homes with the store designer and designing room purchases. For in homes to qualify they need to purchase at least 10% in tables lamps or accessories. If you don't push these two things you will be making minimum wage because this job is 100% commission based.

New owners and management over last year was the reason for my departure. Owners will do anything they can to save a few bucks at the expense of the employees. If you make even the slightest error during the ordering process they will take half your commission on that item.

There has also been a lot of "misunderstandings" in the past year between sales staff and management. A lot of your pay is based on sales bonuses for completing in homes and reaching your warranty percentages. One thing they are hesitant to tell you though is you have to reach your monthly sales target to get your in home bonus which for 95% of the company is unreachable.
Pros
Occasional free lunches
Cons
Owners and upper management
Loved the furniture.
I enjoyed working with La-z-boy.
The furniture and design program were awesome.

The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the designer. She was a pleasure to work with and loved the design program.
Bad management
Terrible management and sales targets are unreasonable. And they expect too much. Even the commission is not even worth your time cause they don't give you that much. Md zero balance in life.
Pros
Free coffee