L3Harris logo

L3Harris Employee Reviews

Work-life balance

Found 68 reviews matching the searchSee all 4,582 reviews

Every other Friday iff

Fun place to work with subsidized cafeteria. Bagels every Thursday and every other Friday off. That's two long weekends every month. Lots of opportunity to work with really smart people (PHD's) and Engineers.

Pros

Subsidized cafeteria

Cons

Old boys club

Official response from L3Harris

12 February 2021
We're happy to hear you enjoy our facilities. We want to ensure our employees help us develop our culture of inclusion through our Employee Resource Groups, listening strategy and involvement with activities like our leadership "fireside chats." Thank you for your feedback, and we hope you will help us to improve our culture and the employee experience.

Horribly disorganized, terrible management

Worst company i have ever seen for organization and employee management. Very dishonest management that will lie outright to coverup there inability to accomplish basic management tasks. Promise the union everything they ask for, then never follow through with anything but lies and excuses. I wouldnt go back for triple the pay

Pros

Cons

Horrible management

Official response from L3Harris

18 December 2020
A key to our long-term success is the commitment of every L3Harris employee to live our values and adhere to the highest ethical standards. We take all ethical concerns seriously and all inquiries submitted through our Helpline are completely anonymous. We urge you to reach out to our L3Harris Helpline at 877-532-6339 or www.L3HarrisHelpline.com.

Was good in my own little bubble

I was lucky to be in a good team but once you need the support of management you soon realize that they are self centered and only looking out for themselves

Pros

cheap lunches

Good working experience

I only helped this company a few times on weekends and when working with my regular company got slow. It was always very organized and my friend who owns the company is a very knowledgeable plumber and I was able to learn alot

Micromanaged. Unappreciated. Management abuses employees by laying off to get them to rescind in union negotiations.

Laid off 8 employees and then mandated overtime for a month on all other employees upward of 60-70 hours of overtime per week in order to bully the union into pay cuts. No advancement. Unnecessary layoffs. Poor culture. Low morale.

Pros

Supporting DND in a dynamic environment.

Cons

Management, culture, adapting, abuse.

Mi-figue, mi-raisin

Environnement de travail de bureau qui date des ann√©es '80, et le style de la direction qui cadre avec cet environnement. √Čtant donn√© le vase clos de cet environnement de travail, les m√©thodes de travail sont d√©su√©tes et les directeurs(trices) passent leur temps √† v√©rifier les feuilles de temps et les registres de poinconnage des cartes d'employ√©s pour les heures d'entr√©es/sorties des employ√©s, m√™me si le travail est bien fait, livr√© √† temps et √† la satisfaction des clients. Interactions avec coll√®gues de travail ad√©quat, m√™me si tout le monde se sent observ√©s et minut√©s. Tr√®s peu de possibilit√© de t√©l√©-travail. Il faut faire preuve de 'pr√©sent√©isme' dans cette entreprise. R√©mun√©ration ad√©quate, bons avantages sociaux. Une belle 'prison dor√©e', quoi, en attendant la date de la retraite.

Pros

Salaires, avantages sociaux, pas de traffic de Montréal vers le travail, collègues intéressants

Cons

Direction de l'entreprise style année '80, temps de poinconnage des employés de bureau monitoré à la loupe; pas ou peu de télé-travail.

Largest Mom and Pop company you'll ever work for

While L3 is a conglomeration the local division is run like a small family company. Too many senior managers have their position due to longevity - not skills or experience.

Co-workers were gret

This organization has a lot of upside if it would let go of the past and embrace change. This requires strong leadership which is not currently available.

Pros

free gym

Terrible culture almost cultish

Senior executive were arrogant and entitled. CSG VP was a bully and totally disengaged from his department. Lacking in vision and leadership. He depended on his sycophantic "twins" to provide guidance while ignoring the rest of his leadership team. HR could not be trusted and any and ethics reviews had to be sent to corporate for fear of reprisals from the local Ethics Officer (Then the VP of HR)

N/a

Decent place but new merger is pushing improvement at the expense of employee home life and sanity. Company has an 'interruption at your desk' culture, which can be good for quick problem solving but awful for trying to get work done.

Jobs at L3Harris

See more jobs

Best company to work

I loved working at L3. People (mostly French Canadians) are very kind and easy to work with. There are very knowledgeable staff and I learnt a lot while there.

Good company

Good company, beautiful products, passionated people.

Not much opportunity for growth

- The company does does not have a culture of empowerment. - Even minor issues are elevated to senior management - Not much opportunity for growth or advancement

Mauvaise expérience

travail routinier et malgré que l'entreprise dit valoriser la conciliation travail/ vie personnelle, c'est faux , car quand tu as un rendez-vous médical ou autre tu sens que ça dérange beaucoup même si tu as fait toutes tes heures.

Pros

salaire et avantages sociaux

Cons

aucune place pour la créativité

pire emploi de ma carrière

Travail tr√®s ennuyeux et r√©p√©titif du a des gestionnaires incomp√©tents qui pr√©f√®rent √™tre en meeting plut√īt que sur le plancher de l'usine. Manque flagrant de leadership, et mauvaise volont√© dans l‚Äôensemble.

Pros

salaire et avantage sociaux

Cons

gestion, planification, coordination

Unique culture, exciting product

Free bagel day once a week. Free fruit in the lunch rooms. Every 2nd Friday off as a result of a 9 hour work day. (80 hours in 9 business days or 9/80). Plenty of opportunity for advancement if you are a "company guy" or a "yes man". Fun and exciting product and industry. See the world.

Pros

Global travel, every 2nd Friday off (9/80 schedule)

Cons

Travel is difficult on families.

In its day it was a great company

This company began its day as Litton Systems Canada, which later merged with Northrop Grumman and then was purchased by L-3 Communications. Unfortunately over the years it went from a thriving company with over 4000 people to what is now a small company of less than 20.

Good name on the CV

Typical day at work was always very interactive. I learned how military aircrafts work. The management there was alright, it varied from team to team.

Pros

Dynamic environment

Cons

Far from Montreal

Worked globaly

Started as accounting clerk and moved up to senior analyst. Learned Newviews and then SAP, fun place to work and maintained strong business relation with customers.

Pros

close to home

Cons

company downsizing

With improved management, the work place would be better

Routine work of configuring and setting up racks with systems, management needs improvement, co-workers are friendly and ready to help and interact with each other.

Pros

Coffee machine free to use

Malheureusement emploi à contrat

J'aime la culture de cette entreprise et j'aurais bien aimé avoir l'opportunité d'obtenir un emploi permanent pendant la durée de mon contrat. L'avantage d'avoir été à contrat cela m'a permis de toucher à plus d'un mandat et de me faire connaitre de mon entourage.

Pros

à proximité de ma demeure

Cons

ne pas avoir obtenu un poste permanent

Ask a question about working or interviewing at L3Harris. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

1.3K