L3 Technologies Employee Reviews

Found 43 reviews matching the search See all 3,009 reviews
Worked globaly
Accounts Receivable Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 July 2018
Started as accounting clerk and moved up to senior analyst.
Learned Newviews and then SAP, fun place to work and maintained strong business relation with customers.
Pros
close to home
Cons
company downsizing
Safe, Professional, Organization
Tool Crib Technician (Former Employee) –  Mirabel, QC31 July 2017
I had a great experience working here. Good people , good pay, good benefits. If I ever have the opportunity I would gladly work for this company again.
Pros
Secure job with benefits
Cons
intensive intake processes, high level security
Excellent benefits and wonderful atmosphere in which to work
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  649 North Service Rd. Burlington, Ontario21 September 2015
One of the top ten employers in the GTA.

Very dynamic and insightful employees.

Very health and lifestyle conscious. Many health benefits provided....such as gym memberships, RMT, and optical programs.

Management are approachable and eager to discuss any new ideas from any member of the organization.
Pros
free fruit, tea, coffee and an excellent cafeteria with healthy options
Cons
Recent restructure/ many valuable employees were lost.
Progressive company, good employee benefits
Accounts Payable Administrator (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON18 November 2013
My experiences at L3 Wescam were very good overall. I had a very busy job and worked long hours to meet monthly deadlines. The majority of my co-workers were awesome people. However, one person was petty, jealous, and prevented me from gaining experience in certain aspects of my job. And made untrue allegations to Management about me. Most of my Managers that I had were fair, approachable and honest. As well as genuinely concerned with mentoring me and assisting me in acquiring new skills and giving me new opportunities. However, one Manager was not interested in helping me pursue a different career path in any other department, and was influenced by misinformation given by one long term, dishonest employee. I miss several of my co-workers, as I built close relationships with many of them throughout several departments in the company.
Pros
Flexible hours, bagel days, every other Friday off (9/80 schedule)
Cons
Was not given opportunity due to someone's personal agenda.
Office work.
Material Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Toronto27 February 2013
I enjoyed my time at L3 because of peers. Made many friends over the years, Had nice supervisors but office work tied me to a desk with little ability to get exercise.
Pros
full time work with benefits.
Cons
work was the same everyday. no exercise, stressful contractual time constraints.
Exciting, faced pace environment. Great people
Various Positions (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON18 May 2014
Exciting high tech product, progressive work environment. Great co-workers. Great benefits and perks.
Pros
free fruit and coffee/tea
Cons
no part-time positions
very good
electronic assembler (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON16 November 2015
Very good company to work for.very good benefits.Very friendy supervisors and coworkers.Do your work, nobody bothers you
Pros
Free lunch and Breakfast for overtime.9/80 hours
Cons
nothing
Professional work environment
Structures/Liaison Engineer (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS1 July 2012
Professional work environment. Good salary and benefits.
Malheureusement emploi à contrat
Planificateur acheteur (Former Employee) –  Mirabel, QC24 August 2017
J'aime la culture de cette entreprise et j'aurais bien aimé avoir l'opportunité d'obtenir un emploi permanent pendant la durée de mon contrat. L'avantage d'avoir été à contrat cela m'a permis de toucher à plus d'un mandat et de me faire connaitre de mon entourage.
Pros
à proximité de ma demeure
Cons
ne pas avoir obtenu un poste permanent
Great working culture
Senior Technical Writer (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON18 February 2017
Offered a challenging, exciting work environment that allowed me to achieve career success by pursuing my passion in leading-edge technologies.

Most enjoyable part of the job was the introduction of the new S1000D XML authoring format that made former technical data more readable and easier to update due to the introduction of new turret engineering data.
Pros
Coffee, Tea, Fruit
Interesting and challenging work
Aircraft Structural Analyst (Current Employee) –  Mirabel, QC8 October 2015
Work at L-3 MAS is interesting and very challenging, as it requires hard work and discipline to be successful at fulfilling your duties.

The work consists in supporting and sustaining the CF-18 fleet of the Canadian forces, which makes the work of every employee very important as it impacts the daily usage of the fleet.

The crew is relatively young and fun to work with.

The only downside of the company is the bad management, that need to restore the confidence of the employees in it.
The percs are great
Stores Inventory Clerk (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON10 June 2015
The industry has been hurting for a few years so its time to look elsewhere.
The cafeteria, has free fruit,tea and coffee, healthy meals cooked for breakfast and lunch. Free bagels, muffins last day of the week.
Pros
cafeteria...healthy meals, free fruit
Cons
long hours, they dont treat injured, or lower paid employees that well
Enjoyed working with the people and management, quality focused
Quality Assurance Technician (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 September 2015
Fun to work environment. Management is supportive and approachable. Some red tape and politics which is normal and tolerable. Place is clean and very professional set-up. Focused on quality and continuous improvement. A place to belong.
Pros
Free bagel and fruits
Cons
many meetings
I work in company for 5 years as a instrument technician.
Instrument Technician, Spar Aerospace (Former Employee) –  mississauga,ont5 July 2012
I work on gyroscopic parts and various other parts of boing and seaking halecopter, landing light ,emergency light , pilot stick, grip stick ,shut off valve etc .I leard a lot here , management is good , co-workers are coperrative,the hardest part of the job,is time period,because parts are not available on time, the most enjoyable part of the job is vecation time.
Pros
nice and fresh lunch but we have to pay
Cons
40 hours
good place to work. lack of over time available.
Test Room Technician (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON13 January 2017
Great place to work lots of perks, free coffee, fruit, bagels, on site gym, good work/life balance, some departments have much less opportunity for overtime than others.
fun workplace
Bartender (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON12 June 2017
great owner,great workers. excellent time on weekends, accommodates workers needs. great training, good money for hours worked! very safe and friendly management, I feel very safe in this environment.
L'imagination pour trouver des solutions
Agent soutien technique (agent de bureau senior) (Former Employee) –  Mirabel, QC8 July 2016
Les journées filaient à la vitesse de l'éclair, environnement intéressant et stimulant, des défis quotidiens, j'ai aimé travailler chez L-3 MAS. Environnement contraignant à cause du type particulier de clients (la Défense Nationale), ça m'a permis de développer des talents et capacités multiples, des trucs que je n'aurais jamais imaginé faire dans une telle entreprise. Mes collègues me manquent, j'espère ardemment me retrouver un environnement similaire pour continuer à aider et contribuer.
Pros
Près de chez moi (45 km)
Cons
Équipements/logiciels désuets
Poor
Electronics Design Engineer (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON27 July 2017
The company was very profitable but lost its major contracts and began to downsize. At the time (Litton) was bloated with too many middle men and managers. Could not adapt to a higher Canadian dollar.
Pros
Full atonamy
Cons
Too big and fragmentated
do not work in procurement
Buyer/Planner (Former Employee) –  Mirabel, QC21 July 2017
this company in Mirabel Quebec does not consider suppliers as partners they consider them as the competition. Very poor respect with supplier, buyers are arrogant and not honest. Same can be said about quality that does not respect suppliers
Pros
Cons
run
Outstanding Executive Management - but no room for advancement
Administration (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON31 May 2014
LOVED:
Coworkers
Perks
Every 2nd Friday off
Executive Management
Bagels on Fridays

DISLIKED:
Unethical middle management
Unethical behavior from Senior level HR Management
Hours do not work if you want to spend time with family
Unrealistic expectations
Can not express concern over unethical behaviour without retaliation

Ask a question about working or interviewing at L3 Technologies. Our community is ready to answer.

41K