L.L. Bean, Inc.

Clear
3.7Pay & benefits
3.4Job security & advancement

The Job I Looked Forward To

When people ask about working for LL Bean, I tell them I didn’t “have” to go to work, I got to go to work. My team was a family, and I was treated with respect from the store manager down. If you’re looking for an easy hourly job where you can sleepwalk through a shift, sure - you can do that anywhere. You won’t want to do that at LL Bean. If you love the outdoors, you’ll be happy - it’s what draws people - employees and customers to LL Bean. If you show some initiative, you may be placed in a position in which you’re paid to play outside...

Pros

Incredible team, sincere respect from management, opportunities to play outside.

Cons

Typical retail pay and lack of benefits for part time employees.

Nice people

Nice people and the breaks are amazing!! One break for working 4 hours and when working 6 hours, a whole 40 minutes I believe of a break!! I worked there as a seasonal worker.

Pros

Nice people, good quality products, great breaks

Insights into L.L. Bean, Inc.

What people like
  • Fair pay for job
Areas for improvement
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Feeling of personal appreciation

Good company, poor management

I worked at Bean for a year & a half. I love the company! The pay was decent (as a student), my coworkers were friendly & the discount was great. However, the management at this store was incredibly poor. Scheduling was never good/flexible & I felt like I was walking on eggshells a fair amount of the time. Management was also discriminatory towards me, personally, based on gender identity. I wish I could have stayed but I had to resign.

Pros

Good discount, a fun handful of coworkers.

Cons

Poor management.

awsome place to work

i loved working L L Bean the pay is'nt all that great but an really nice to work if i could work there full time i would take it in a heart beat

Pros

discount

Cons

wonderufl poeple to work with