L. Chabot Enterprises Ltd. Employee Reviews

workers and supervisors are great people.owner and son -in-law couldn`t give a dam about you.
Operator 1 (Former Employee) –  winnipeg and surrounding area14 August 2018
poor wages and operations manager is always yelling and belittling you.the only good thing is if you need to learn and get seat time than this is the place.
Pros
good for a starter job as a equiment operator
Cons
mangement and low wages
Good hours and wages
Furnace Operator, Specialty Vermiculite Corp (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB16 May 2017
The job was very good,
I got paid well for my hard work
They provided good hours.
They taught me how to work with different machinery
They provided a stable job for as long as they could
Pros
good wage and hours
Cons
not enough work
Hardworking family business
Supervisor/Manager (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg10 May 2016
I enjoy my job at Chabot.
There is room for advancement; company promotes from within before hiring externally. Good training opportunities.
Good group of Managers and co-workers.
Managers know the workers, you're not just a number here.
Good, real industry experience.
Good experience
Operator / Safety (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg10 May 2016
My dad and my brother and I all work at Chabot.
I came in with not a lot of experience but after a few years I have a lot of skills and experience. Chabot sent me for training so I now have better opportunities for more jobs in construction.
The hardest part is being new onsite and a woman so it can be hard to fit in or have co-workers take your skills seriously.
The most enjoyable part is working on big jobs and running equipment.
Pros
training options
Cons
working in heat
Good employer, diverse work experience
Supervisor/Manager (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB10 May 2016
Working at Chabot offers a lot of variety in types of projects: roads, riverbanks, big excavations, etc. Lots of opportunity to learn about different projects and how the work is done.
Great core team of experienced and dedicated Supervisors and Managers. They expect productivity and hard work, no room for slackers here.
Wages are fair and comparable with rest of industry; they depend on your experience level and general abilities. Hard work and skill is recognized and rewarded, which is a good thing.
The machines are a mix of older and newer models. The maintenance department puts in time and effort to keep on top of the fleet.
The hardest part is dealing with co-workers who are negative and don't take care of the equipment.
The most enjoyable part is working outdoors with the machinery and seeing the big jobs come together.
Pros
Great full benefits package
Cons
not enough hours and very low wage
front end loader operator (Current Employee) –  winnipeg,mb31 July 2015
Not happy at all about my wage and how the company is run. Not enough hours and very little chance for advancement. Most enjoyable is when im running a loader. Get along fine with co-workers.
long hours and only seasonal
Foreman (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB18 February 2013
Terrible place to work. The manager is very short tempered. Yells and fires you at least once a week. The salary is very low. They advertise top dollars but when you go to work for them the give you a dollar rate lower then they advertise. Working conditions are very poor. Machinery is very old and run down. They do not believe in maintenance.
Cons
dealing with management