L'Oréal Employee Reviews

Fantastic place to work with young and talented people!
Senior National Account Manager - Wal-Mart (Current Employee) –  Toronto ontario16 October 2015
Young co-workers that are driven, passionate and eager to succeed! The saying "work hard, play hard" resonates well with life at L'Oreal. Working in a continuously changing industry is fun and exciting and who better to work for then the leader in the beauty industry!
Pros
Work/Life balance
Cons
Head office in Montreal
Great place to learn
Demo Coordinator, Luxe Division (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC10 October 2015
* Highly attention to detail is required.
* I improved my organizational skills, time management, prioritize tasks and more.
* I enhanced my ability to work in different projects at the same time.
* A lot of diversity (different cultures).
* The hardest part of the job is multitasking yet delivering all results on timely manner.
Pros
Networking
Cons
Poor work/life balance
On the road with L'Oréal Canada
Sales Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC19 August 2015
Hired as a sales account executive in the consumer goods department of l'Oréal Canada, the majority of your time is spend planning your road visits to partner retailers and executing them.

As a rep, you inherit a sales territory and must be able to develop it during your time on the road.

Ergo, strategic planning at home allows you to better perform once on the field.

Visits comprise essentially of spotting new sales opportunities in store, ensure proper merchandising of new and existing products, sell new product launches, as well as create influential sales strategies in store.
Good environment
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 May 2015
Every worker worked as a team. Had good culture and worked as a family. Had a learning environment that was beneficial to everyone. Management was very efficient. Hardest part was ensuring that each guest left happy.
Making a lot of sales and making customers happy
Promoter (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON21 April 2015
The main requirement that is important for this job is personality and knowledge of the industry. I am very friendly, good with people, and I have a general interest and passion for the beauty industry.It was up to me to ensure that a high level of beauty products is provided and that clients leave happy.
Pros
Bonuses
I am a licenced Hair Stylist, makeup articst ,and great at with interacting with people
Cosmetic Counter Manager (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON21 March 2015
Lancôme is amazing to work for .I half work for Lancôme and half work for Sears Canada ,Sears focus is rapid credit cards, unfortunately there sales and customer service come 3rd. The people at Sear are amazing and dedicated to there job. Great experience
Pros
Amazing People
Cons
Rapid Credit
Fun workplace with beauty products!!
Product Expert Team Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Concord25 February 2015
I loved working for Loreal besides the great perks of free cosmetics and skin care, it was amazing event to work for and awesome management team. Employee empowerment and trusts your judgement.
Pros
Free products
Cons
happens twice a year
Great Job
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Montreal24 February 2015
the job was challenging and interesting, i learned how to work and manage team. it was a nice environment and a pleasant staff.
Challenging yet rewarding
Product Manager (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC10 January 2015
A dynamic, vibrant and exciting company.
A work day at L'Oreal is never typical: it is constantly changing and filled with new challenges. It ranges from solving various issues (strategic and logistic), product forecast analysis, business analysis and creating successful launch executions in store. The objective of every day was to seek new ways to grow the business and implement these programs nationally.

I have learned many skills at this role that are viable for my future career success. The most important skill is being able to adapt in a constantly changing environment and make strategic decisions under pressure of tight deadlines. Another valuable skill which I have learned is conducting detailed, sku-specific analysis to understand all aspects of the business and emerging market trends.

The management is quite supportive and is dedicated to the success of their team. They are demanding, yet motivating and rigorously work on developing their employees, both personally and professionally.

The co-workers at L'Oreal are very friendly and enthusiastic. Everyone is very helpful and will always prioritize the needs of the team over their own. The people at L'Oreal are the most innovative and intelligent minds that I have had the pleasure of meeting.

The most difficult part of the job is managing tight deadlines when required elements do not arrive on time.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the ownership and creative freedom that you are given of your business. You have autonomous control of all your projects and all ideas to grow the business are welcome.
Pros
Amazing brands, products and people.
Cons
No work life balance.
Best company to start a career
Trade Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC30 October 2014
Lots of trainings and challenges
Big opportunities to advance and be promoted
Amazing working environment
No work/personal balance, you spent must of your time at work...

Want to know more about L'Oréal?

Ask a question
Productive, fun workplace with great perks
REGIONAL TRAINER (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 October 2014
Responsible for training Ontario sales teams in product knowledge and sales skills. Assisted the teams at important store events. This role helped me improve my public speaking and leadership skills. A great environment to work in. The hardest part of the job was to train in different parts of Canada on a very short notice. However, everything else was very enjoyable. Great team and supportive management.
Pros
Freee lunches, travel outside your territory
Cons
Short notice for events and training sessions
really good place to work
Forklift Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Montreal,Quebec,Canada3 September 2014
Good salary, good management, the best technology for productivity, one of the biggest companies in the world. The only bad thing is that there it's no fixed schedule, it could be day, evening or night !they change your schedule as they desire which really disturbs your social , family life and your sleeping patterns.
Pros
Good salary, good management, international company
Cons
The schedules
Good company
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto2 July 2014
Excellent marketing team, good environment to work in. Good endorsements, i had the pleasure of working with several marketing associates and the team was well driven
Working for Lancome
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Pickering, ON13 May 2014
Lancôme is a fabulous Company. They have the best makeup textures and finishes I have worked with in my career in cosmetics. The most enjoyable part of my job was doing makeovers and planning for Gift With Purchases. Lancôme's gifts have always been my favourite. I learned a lot with the regular training seminars that the company would provide. from sales training to application of products- Lancôme definitely gave me the confidence I needed for my first job in cosmetics.
Pros
Free Products!
Cons
Working over time before and during events.
Productive and fun
Freelancer for Shu Umura, YSL, Giorgia Armani (Current Employee) –  Toronto10 February 2014
I have learned many things in different positions I have had in the past.
awesome
Prestige Fragrance Demonstrator (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB10 February 2014
great people great environment great pay nice brands to work with open door policy
Pros
get to move around different locations
Great Brand, Challenge with Distribution
Sr. Reg. Sales Manager Ontario & Maritimes (Former Employee) –  Toronto, Ontario13 August 2013
L'Oreal is better suited to a distribution model, therefore a direct sales force such as L'Oreal Professionnel has it's challenges.
Great School - however one must eventually graduate
Group Product Manager (Former Employee) –  Montreal, Quebec13 August 2013
L'Oreal provides employees with superb training and coaching. The challenge is that eventually the excessive demands on your personal life begin to outweigh the professional benefits. Reluctance to challenge status quo is another challenge they currently face and as a result many key players resign or go on burn out leave. As a manager who works hard to retain and motivate employees these are red flags that are a major concern. I appreciate my time at L'Oreal and credit them with helping me to excel and become the astute business woman I am today. Like all experiences in life, it was time to leave and try new opportunities.
Pros
Training, Coaching, national campaigns, benefits, free product, Learning and Development, commeraderie, passionate peers, international mandate
Cons
Excessively long hours, lack of upper management accountability, passive agressive and non-transparent management styles, bullying from VPs and Directors, 75% of time PPT presentations instead of marketing work, environment based largely on fear.
Very fun and active work place
Order Picker (Current Employee) –  Saint-Laurent, QC13 July 2013
Great place to work, salary is great but as a temporary worker you have no benefits and hours are not flexible if you have children. But after 2 years...so far so good.
sales
Key Make-up Artist (Former Employee) –  eaton center20 June 2013
I was the lead makeup artist for the flagship counter. Always keeping busy with clients.
Pros
great sales
Cons
repetative

Ask a question about working or interviewing at L'Oréal. Our community is ready to answer.