L'Oréal
Happiness score is 55 out of 100
4.1 out of 5 stars.
Get weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

L'Oréal Employee Reviews

Review this company
Job Title
All
Location
Canada198 reviews

Ratings by category

3.7Work-life balance

Sort by

HelpfulnessRatingDate
Found 198 reviews matching the searchSee all 3,954 reviews

Insights into L'Oréal

Based on 11 survey responses
What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Energizing work tasks

Great experience overall :)

Indeed featured review

The most useful review selected by Indeed
Have nothing bad to say about them. For the exception of one of the supervisor who brought home life stress to work and took it on me. But hey. Not the company fault. Other than that awesome place! Loved my experience :)

Pros

Cool place to work at great benefits

Cons

None for me
Was this review helpful?

Environnement de travail stressant et trop de ti-boss qui ne vous aide pas.

On m'a renvoyer en disant que je ne respectait pas la qualité et la sécurité.Le syndicat ne m'a pas défendu.On m'a dit que je n'avait pas l'air de comprendre suffisamment les machines.Je vient de terminer mon DEP en mécanique industriel

Pros

cafétéria

Cons

on vous traitent comme un imbécile quand vous faite une erreur
Was this review helpful?

Production avant tout

la compagnie ne veulent que vous produisiez, votre bien-etre/sécurité ils sen foutent totalement. Vous passerez permanent apres minimum 1 an si vous ne faites aucune erreurs. Bonne chance a vous

Pros

Over time

Cons

roulement de personnel pire qu'un mcdonalds
Was this review helpful?

Production Engineer

The production is very divided between management and operators, in an unefective and divisive way. Lots of people were cooperative between the two groups, but there was lots of tension and a few could openly sabotage the efforts of another (both management and operators had episodes of signicficant uncooperativeness at times). Must say that some divisions are better than others on that aspect.

Pros

Culture within mangement is great, fun group work and do things out of the office with. HR suprisingly good.

Cons

Cover your a** culture, lack of leadership and cooperation.
Was this review helpful?

L'oreal warehouse

For the work we do such as keeping clean our cash all the time, do other tasks when it's not busy, the work we do when there's a rush.. the salary is very bad.

Pros

Friendly supervisors

Cons

Not enough salary
Was this review helpful?

Rate your recent company

Share your experience to help others

Environnement agréable

Environnement agréable qui favorise l'équilibre famille/ travail.Des possibilités d'évolution rapide également.Pas assez de diversités dans l'embauche.
Was this review helpful?

environment is non existent and chaotic.

Turn over in staff is unbelievable. It is a revolving door .staff is burnt-out on a regular basis.The talent pool is completely destroyed. Company has so much potential..

Pros

Fitness benifits

Cons

Totally Chaotic environment. Procedures and regulations are administered when convenient
Was this review helpful?

Une perte de temps

Un conseil pour ceux qui veulent travailler dans cette entreprise, ne perdez pas votre temps, ils bénéficieront de vous pendant une courte période, souvent l'été quand ils reçoivent des commandes , et vice versa lorsque les commandes sont faibles à partir d’octobre jusqu’à fin mars , ils vous pousseront à démissionner ou à vous licencier définitivement. Conclusion : Travailler avec cette entreprise est une perte de temps malgré le salaire alléchant. administration défaillants qui couvre ses erreurs par une exploitation méprisable des travailleurs.
Was this review helpful?

Proactif

Une excellent experience avec le system SAP avec une super groupe finances. Je remerci à mon directur finance pour son confiance de moi. et remerci à ma chers amis et amies.
Was this review helpful?

Excellent place to work, great learning experience.

I enjoyed working at L’Oréal, I always felt I was well-treated by my bosses and co-workers. It is an excellent school for those wanting to advance in their career, be it in Montreal or abroad. I would recommend L’Oréal to anyone, based on my long career with them.

Pros

Great work environment, wonderful people, beautiful offices, great benefits.

Cons

If you allow it, you can spend long hours working. You must be organized to enjoy a good work-life balance.
Was this review helpful?

Intensely political work place, great place to learn

A lot of office politics and internal PR which were very heavy. If you don't fit in the box, you better watch out. Otherwise, it is a great place to learn, they invest a lot in staff training and provide good salary and benefits.

Pros

training

Cons

heavy office politics
Was this review helpful?

Great people

Great place and organization to work for. Good benefits and job perks. Great creative collaboration between stylists and consultants. Good work life balance. The only negative thing I really have to say is that they tried to block me from taking any holidays during the last month of each quarter. You can't ban people from taking their holidays in March, June, September and December, but it was all about hitting the numbers in those months. Other than that, great.
Was this review helpful?

Une entreprise sérieuse

Entreprise sérieuse avec beaucoup de respect et possibilité d’avance selon le rendement
Was this review helpful?

Cashier

You need to be 20 years old to be treated nicely.over 30 you are old.supervisors very disorganized. Low salary. Stay home

Pros

None

Cons

All
Was this review helpful?

Really great people

With a great account manager you are not pressured by sales targets. Customer interactions are as pleasant as possible and you get options of different brands to sell under the L'Oreal banner. I get choice and scheduling freedom so it makes my sales numbers that much higher. Great training as well!
Was this review helpful?

Great but...

I worked at the distribution center for 2 years and I have to say that they offer a good salary. The hours sucks when you start (evening shifts). You are not a PERMANENT employee which means you have no insurances on glasses, dental work, etc. It means that your chances of working 40h/W are pretty rare. You have to be good and very competitive.
Was this review helpful?

Great Experience

Good Company Room for advancement. Opportunities for the right individual. Management was good. Benefits and perks were great. Would recommend for someone who wants to make a career
Was this review helpful?

great part time work for a young mom - suited my lifestyle

Working for this company as a part time merchandiser was excellent. Really fun boss and launching party Meetings were out of town and also very enjoyable. Great staff too.
Was this review helpful?

i gave information bout the product and answered the clients need

all the managers and employees were nice. everyone is friendly at L'Oreal. they are flexible with your schedule and if you need a break they let you go.
Was this review helpful?

Nul

Pas bon la bas.c est pas serieux la bas ...on ne peux faire carrière la bas ...il n y a pas d avenir
Was this review helpful?

Apres 5 années d’anciennetés

Bonne entreprise pour travail 1-3 jours semaines. Minimum de 4-5 ans pour devenir permanent et encore la les superieurs choisis entre eux qui devient permanent ou non. Bcp compétition entre temporaire, bcp d’injustice de la compagnie envers ces employées, environnement sécuritaire mais très démoralisant. Une compagnie qui ne reconnait pas l’effort fournis par leurs temporaires.

Pros

Salaire

Cons

Aucun avancement
Was this review helpful?

Want to know more about working here?

Ask a question about working or interviewing at L'Oréal. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Overall rating

4.1

Based on 3,954 reviews
5
1.8K
4
1.3K
3
598
2
185
1
160

Ratings by category

3.7Work/Life Balance
3.9Salary/Benefits
3.6Job security/advancement
3.6Management
3.9Culture

Compare L'Oréal with

  • Companies
  • L'Oréal
  • Employee reviews