L'Occitane

L'Occitane Employee Reviews

very serious environment. cannot have tattoos or piercings, colored hair, or heavy makeup. did not feel like you can be yourself, have to match brand image. music is so tired and boring all day long. the products were high quality i did enjoy them. not up to date with trends at all in skincare. clients are very pretentious and can be stuck up due to luxury price tags. extremely slow paced, only a few clients per hour. no sales or deals every, just gift with purchase. the technology on the computers is slow.
Pros
good benefits even for part time employees (vision/wellness budget)
Cons
low pay
I’ve been working for l’Occitane since 2017 and I must say I love my job. The company has great values, they treat their employees with respect, we have gratis every month but there is something that makes me really disappointed : in three years, I only had 5% more than the minimum wage and I am paid the same wage as the girl who’s been working here for less than a year (!!!!). They seem like they always have an excuse for not raising my salary and I feel like my work is not considered as its real value.
Pros
Management, gratis, formation
Cons
Salary
good experience in holiday season good training programs supervisors at all levels cares about employees coworkers are friendly and nice work hours were negotiable
Pros
good employee discount
Cons
work load was intense during holiday season
This is an employee oriented company, with amazing values. It is over all one of the best company's I have worked for a have the privilege to still be working for
this company is great. the products are top notch.they go the extra mile foe their customers . the store itself is inviting and the staff are very knowledgeable in the products. The staff can help you find exactly what you need.
They have amazing benefits and are very generous in giving out products to try. I love there deals and even part time have good benefits. Love their products
C'était un excellent stage, l'équipe était très gentille. J'ai appris énormement durant ce stage.
The work environment and company politics are very good. I don't have any complaints about the job or the company. The team is great and my manager is very sweet.
C'est un très bel environnement de travail avec de belles valeurs écoresponsables et socioresponsables. Seulement le salaire qui pose un problème.
Working at this place was a strain on my mental health. Felt chronically stressed & on edge when I was working here, even depressed at times. This is an unhealthy work environment Hostile & toxic. Management is terrible. Bullied by managers & co-workers. There is clear favouritism where manager takes constant vacations but expects and forces employees to miss an important surgery in order to stay in the store alone. Inconsiderate & unsafe environment. Left alone in store for hours... this makes female employees an easy target to a predator and other unsafe conditions. Violations to human rights laws & lots of age discrimination. Violations to rights that employees are entitled to. Avoid this place.
Overall the management and job culture is extremely poor, inconsiderate, and unprofessional at this location. Definitely not a healthy work environment. Understaffed - Left alone in the store for hours at a time with no one else to help close or open. Forget about going to the bathroom, as each time you need to go, you have to lock up the entire store just to leave.
Products are amazing, but management is disgusting. Everyone lies, everyone will blindside you and talk poorly of you with others. No appreciation for hard work, overtime or favours done. Would not recommend to anyone. Very toxic.
Pros
Nice cream
Cons
Started off as a great company to work for with lots of benefits, contests to encourage staff to work harder(win Tiffany's, Visa gift cards, etc). Unfortunately they've become less giving, the new HR doesn't solve any issues unless told by a higher up, and the management has become very unprofessional. They're treating the staff that's been working for the company for years with no respect and disposable. Disappointed with what the company has become.
Benefits
Cons
Management in the HR, treated as disposable staff, wage
Jealous, insecure and extremely disorganized manager who does not have the amount of product knowledge as the previous manager. Takes endless breaks and does not attempt to resolve coworker issues in a mature, professional manner. Makes the store and back room reek of cigarettes and does not give employees any tasks to complete.
Pros
gratis
Cons
short lunch, manager
not commission based nice staff discount nice training good stuff to try nice boss learning new things have to deal with hard client sometimes short break
No room to grow, management is pushy, low rate pay, no life-work balance schedule, no full weekend off. Ok benefit, 50% off employee discount on products
It was great to work with this company that i have improved myself a lot in many areas and all the staff are good to work with. Will be happy to work every shift and customers are good most of the time. Great place to work!
Had fun working in a retail environment. Had the point of girls power. Every girls in the store was helpful, and insist the concept of always put the customer to the first place
The place is very beautiful and they're creative with the design of the store. Fun place to work and a great team. Always wear the company's fragrance to promote the Fragrance.
Pros
Great team
Cons
This job was boring on slow times. I worked alone with nothing to do but clean. It's the perfect job for someone who likes it relaxed, but i prefer being in a fast paced job where time passes faster
Amazing company full of ethics and great values, always supportive with their employees.
  1. Employee reviews