L'Hopital d'Ottawa Employee Reviews

Loved working there
Registered Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON28 September 2018
Sadly had to leave for another province for my spouse. Loved working there. Worked on the 8th floor.. Great staff, management.
If we ever go back to Ottawa, I will, with no hesitation, try to get work there again !
Value driven workplace
EVP, Strategy & Transformation (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, Ontario, Canada25 September 2018
The Ottawa Hospital in a pillar in the Ottawa region for Healthcare leadership and research. The organization is actively led by the CEO, Dr. Jack Kitts, who is highly visible and compassionate about employees and the Hospitals role in the community.
HEMODIALYSIS CLERK (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON22 September 2018
The Ottawa Hospital is a great place to work with lots of support from management and peers. Expect a fast pace environment with ever changing conditions and constant learning. The job can be stressful at times but rewarding. Appreciation is shown to those who preform their duties as expected and complete tasks on time. Loved working at TOH!
Pros
Supportive team who assist each other and share workload.
Cons
Nothing negative to say
Staffing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON7 September 2018
the TOH creates a very kind atmosphere focused on the happiness and health of their patients, as well as their staff.
The management team for staffing is incredible people who strive to ensure the workplace is always positive, and do their best to help out whenever needed.
I used to be proud to work at The Ottawa Hospital (TOH)
Team Lead of Medical Transcription, Health Records (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON2 September 2018
Professionalism and dedication to quality transcription were once valued by this organization. However, today the bottom line is the amount of money required to accomplish clinical documentation. Quality documentation is no longer a valued asset.
Pros
ability to work remotely
Cons
medical transcriptionists are not valued
Protection officer (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON16 August 2018
Good place to work, always get paid on time, good management. I've been there for close to 10 years and would stay longer if it wasn't for lack of advancement within my field
difficult for advancement
Database/Admin/Nurse (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON13 August 2018
8 years of employment. Very controversial environment. Many management issues. Enjoyed patient care very much and specific colleagues. I would suggest better employ support
Hard work good people
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON13 August 2018
Always worked with great people, but unless you are single without a family the work life balance is lacking - often short staffed, vacation requests denied etc.
CASUAL STAFFING ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON30 June 2018
Phone calls, emails, filling sick leave and vacation requests. Flexible hours as a casual employee, advancement options, as well as lateral moves if necessary.
Hard work
ACC Clerk (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON25 June 2018
Great with a gym in the basement for a stressful day at work, working for other coworkers, workload ...
I have SMS computer work, OASIS blood and diagnostic imaging duties along with right fax and regular faxing of prescriptions, tests... CCIS computer work that showed us the other hospital's status of beds available for transfers or discharges...
The easiest part of the job is going down the stairs to go to the first floor in order to get the mail and distribute the envelopes, boxes to the doctor's offices or research nurses or nurses offices.
The hardest part of the job was trying to obtain an ambulance for the Heart Institute or for the Burn Unit or to go to Cornwall or other institutions. I learned how to work in a fast paced environment by multi-tasking and doing many things like answering the phone and opening the doors for visitors at the same time as I was wearing a headset to talk on the telephone . The managers were busy with many emails and about 100 nurses to monitor. I enjoyed the coworkers and the volunteers and the beautiful skylights bringing the sun in the office as it was the new state of the art desk.
Pros
Gym in the basement
Highly reccomended.
Food Service Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON21 June 2018
Staff members are very helpful at the Ottawa Hospital When you are hired, you are asked to complete a corporate orientation. This allows you to really understand the Ottawa Hospitals vision. Both my managers where and are superb. They offer great leadership skills and work with you into becoming the best employee that you can. For all positions within this organization, they offer competitive salaries.

Overall, I strongly recommend applying for any position at The Ottawa Hospital.
Pros
Competitive Salary
Great place to work.
Supply Distribution Attendant (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON14 June 2018
This is one of the best places to work. Lovely people, great work environment. I enjoy the fact that I am working with the community and I feel like I have a great sense of purpose at my job.
Busy work environment
Stakeholder Relations Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON8 May 2018
Worked on a project here and it was managed very well. Great team dynamics, hard work across the board. Would be happy to stay with them long term, they are good to their people - but be warned, parking is a major problem.
Fun environment, but a boring job
Communications Integrator (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON20 April 2018
The hospital environment is a lot of fun. There are so many people, lively and never a boring quiet day. The staff is amazing too. The job on the other hand was quite depressing, being the only one working on the project. Difficult because there isn't anyone to bounce ideas off of. Worst of all, it's funding work. If the funds run out, so does the job.
A good place to work.
Executive Assistant to Chief, Medical Imaging (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON5 April 2018
Difficult to find full-time positions in administration. The requirement for bilingualism when French is rarely spoken in the office or by management.
Pros
Employee Appreciation Day
Cons
Work your heart out without support from management.
Friendly
Consultant - Process Improvement (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON5 April 2018
Overall a good experience however their technology is outdated and makes efficiency a challenge. There is a lot of politics so opportunity for advancement is limited.
Pros
Friendliness
Cons
Stale-dated processes leading to boring work
Great opportunities
MEDICAL RADIATION TECHNOLOGIST (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON2 April 2018
Like any unionized work environment the opportunities of advancement are very minor and a siloed complacent culture sets in. Great working environment other than that.
Pros
great people
Cons
shift work
Nice working here
Staffing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON1 April 2018
good place to find stable work. The people are a good and the benefits are equally good also. I enjoy working here very much and would suggest others to apply.
Pharmacy student
Pharmacy Student (clinical rotations) (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON23 January 2018
This is a teaching hospital so there was a lot of emphasis on teaching students which made for a very good experience. I found that all members of the team very open to questions. Very clinical work and residency typically is required to find a job here.
A progressive, high quality leader in healthcare
Director Health Professions Education (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON4 November 2017
This organization is passionate about quality of care, patient and staff safety.

A positive workplace culture that supports learning and development.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at L'Hopital d'Ottawa. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2