Kwantlen Polytechnic University

Kwantlen Polytechnic University Employee Reviews

instructor at University

teaching environment very relaxed students were stressful lots of work in teaching university courses lesson plans, PowerPoints, lectures nothing more to say I find this element of questionnaire annoying

This place is a mess

The employees are great. All levels of management right from the chancellor are back stabbing and greedy. No collaboration, all competition. It trickles down to employees creating an environment where you’re not sure where you stand and who you can trust.

Student

Poorly planned courses, arrogant academics, generally a gong show. If you value your education go anywhere but here. Courses are overpriced for what you get. KPU gets a failing grade.

Pros

Cons

Arrogant academics, very out of touch with reality.

Productive and friendly environment

leadership depends on department friendly environment overall top executives are great unfit managers are very competitive watch out for people who get promoted quickly

management not understanding work or how to promote healthy work environment

Management not hearing issues related to actual work, education, and creating a positive environment for faculty to achieve this with support. Union weak to support.

Don't work at the Horticulture Field Lab

Management in charge of outdoor facilities is terrible, very power tripping. Heavy lack of any organization combined with acting like they are a working greenhouse/golf course/landscaping company when they are not and expecting students to have prior knowledge they should be teaching them.

Pros

work Mondays to Thursdays

Cons

terrible environment

Productive and fun work place

KPU is an excellent workplace where you learn alot and high chances of growing with experience and education. I highly recommend this job site. Management is supportive .

Great culture, but not a fair environment to student tutors

Working as a tutor at KPU was a great experience that helped me develop many great skills. Unfortunately, they paid close to minimum wage, which in my opinion, they should be embarrassed about. This made me have to find another part-time job, which then added to additional stress and difficulty focusing on my own educational goals.

Place to enhance your knowledge and experience

Work-life balance is perfect You can have a flexible time schedule based on your work Management is very interactive and ready to hear your suggestions and opinion

Good employer

supported limited professional development/network opportunities for mid level management Passionate to ensure high level services and programs are delivered to students Institutional pride. Multi-campus, makes it competitive for recognition of value/perception of importance.

Pros

Supportive direct management

Cons

Work/life balance and expectations were becoming increasingly difficult to manage

Good place to start career, gain experience

Take everything as a learning opportunity to gather all the necessary skills you may need for the future. Receptive to new ideas and projects. Most student opportunities are all contract based (semesterly).

great place

Academics are the base of this place, awesome if your thing is to learn from academics perspective. would say that some technological tools are a little outdated but overall is the place where you can have very knowledgeable and skillful staff willing to cooperate as a team to reach common goals

Never worked there. Only as a student.

Courses only. Business Manager and Editor of school newspaper. The Communications department was friendly. But, the staff had left the students for over two months to fend for themselves. There was constant conflict with instructing staff and the administration.

Didn't actually work here, this form won't let me skip

I'm not sure why this thing thinks I worked here, so I am just going to keep typing words until I reach the minimum character count. Great school though, cool programs like brewing!

Not a good place to work at

-No Learning -No growth -No staff engagement -No incentive to work hard. -Lots of Politics -HR Dept. sucks - NOt sure what they are doing -Do not work at KPU

Productive and fun workplace

I learned how to work with students on a one-on-one basis while tutoring writing on a variety of subjects. The management was supportive and created a motivational work space.

Pros

Free lunches

Great people

They employ incredibly talented people, who work their magic for very little pay or thanks. There are many reasons I only gave this place three stars out of five.

productive and fun working

productive. you are always surrounded by good people with high energy. learn new things. get new experiences. good environment. team work . coworkers are supportive

Pros

Free lunch

Great staff

Collaborative staff and encouraging mentors. Practicum was wonderful and learned lots with my supervisors. There is lots to learn about the different departments.

Pros

Friendly

Cons

Poor leadership

Good learning opportunities at KPU

KPU is a great option for students wanting experiential learning. The workplace has pros and cons just like any other structured organization. The work culture is different depending on the business unit/department you work in. Hence, it can be a great experience for some and not for others.

Very good management Very easy going and relaxed place to work Hardworking management and employees Good starting pay All jobs are permenant overall good place to work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kwantlen Polytechnic University. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.7Job security/advancement