Kuntz Electroplating Inc

Kuntz Electroplating Inc: 46 Employee Reviews

Canada46 reviews

placeemployeegoodpaydayjobtimepeople

Very versatile.

It all depends what you're looking for, this place has many different opening for many different jobs within the company, you can be, forklift driver, polisher, plater, inspector, IT, options are quite endless here.

Pros

An opportunity

Cons

Opportunity lost.

Good place to work if you don't mind repetition.

Worked here in high school and during university on-and-off. I have minimal complaints. The management there is very accommodating and understanding if you do the work properly.That being said, the work is very repetitive and can be mind-numbing for a while if you're not used to it. It's also physically strenuous at times, but you should probably expect that from a factory job.Overall, it's a good workplace. I'd recommend.

Pros

Accommodating breaks and shifts.

Cons

Non-temperature-controlled work environment

Insights into Kuntz Electroplating Inc

What people like
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Ability to meet personal goals

The People Make it Great!

I worked here as a summer student in both production and in housekeeping. I enjoyed both roles, and found the people awesome to work with. I loved the HR department as well, as they treated us as more than just seasonal employees, and were happy to have us return year after year. I had fantastic supervisor who treated all of us with respect and kindness, and was an awesome boss to have. I was able to make enough to pay for tuition. I would recommend working here.

Pros

Great people, fair wages, lots or perks

I enjoy working here

I have been with KEI for about 3 years now, and even with the automotive industry having the troubles that they have managed to keep the employees working. I have had the opportunity to move within the company and have landed my dream job.

Pros

Co-workers and management are great to work with

Fantastic Company

KEI is an awesome company to work for and work with. They look out for their employees and take great care of them. Renumeration should be based on required skillset to perform position as even a general position has differing duties and responsibilities. Going that extra "Green Mile" does payoff at KEI. Hard workers are, of course, preferred as no one likes to work with a "Slacker". Kuntz rewards those who perform over and above expectations, if you want to be successful in your position. You get what you give.

Pros

Weekly pay, Full Benefits, Free basic uniforms (pants and shirt x 5) annually, Free prescription safety glasses biannually, PPE provided. Internal available job postings. Paid breaks.

Cons

Not the place of employment for those with respiratory difficulties and allergies to hard work.

Look elsewhere

Working here used to be rewarding but times have changed. Part of what has changed is the automotive industry is dying adding onto part shortages paints a grim picture which has gotten worse with the lay offs on every shift. For KEI specifically there is little incentive to stay. Wages don't keep up to cost of living and employees with the work ethic of Mickey Mouse get promoted to management which run their shifts like their own country club, putting personal vendetta ahead of work quality.

Pros

Profit Sharing, Pizza Days

Cons

Incompetent management

Na

Great place to work, very good benefits and packages as well, great place for advancement and ability to have a great work life balance also great management

decent place to work

it was a pretty straight forward job, very repetitive and hard on the lower back if you are a tall person. friendly environment. tends to be very hot.

Cons

chemical smell

Making aluminum and Steel ready for Plating

Take an aluminum or steel part recently molded and clean it up using a variety of tools to make it free of imperfections. Once it is ready, send off to plating line to be chrome plated.

Typically its the the same thing day in day out

The best part of kuntz was everybody worked as a unit/team to meet the objective in a 8 hr time period you also had to help clean up the work stations at the end of the day

Productive Workplace with benefits

I learned a lot from working at Kuntz Electroplating. I received a lot of training. I think the best training was Front Line Leadership. It's a great place to work.

Beware when applying

Management is awful they constantly hire too many people and lay off constantly moving up in the company does not exist i would not recommend this job to anyone i know. safety is not a concern to this company. tools are mismanaged and often broken and not working they are 100% a number company if your not prepared to do what they ask everyday you are better off leaving.

This is only place you come to work and go home with a good pay every week!

I am deaf worker, I was a polisher of this company, I have left due to the life situations, however I wanted to share my experiences: the team was awesome to work together. The management was top notch with human resource. Human Resouce knows how to bring two sides to a table and produces the solutions for everyone's safety and satisfaction to work together as team for KEI. Everyone cleans and stocked up own area, and have it ready for next shift team. Company has 3 straight shifts, morning, afternoon and night. Yes, we had the schedules of Saturday some time, and the management team is working hard to ensure we only work straight shifts without Saturdays, but it was needed to meet for the customer's demand. Those high turnovers was from lazy slackers who don't want to work together and pick up the speed. Few are for not willing to work on the Saturdays. There are always room for someone who want to be serious everyday with the quality of every products. Company need to keep the production value steady set out by the customer's demand. You want this job, you just have to accept what is being changed a I would love to go back again! Safety First at KEI!

terrible workplace, huge favortism, management is the worst i ever worked for

constantly being watched by lead hands and foremans that do absolutely nothing on a daily basis. management screws you at every turn. hard work goes unnoticed. no chance for advancement. dead end job.

not a bad place if you can get along with a group of people

Start at 5min to the hour, but as a team leader i needed to be earlier to get whats going on.. and respond to emails( mine and the foremens to do list). I leaned alot about chemicals and plating prossess. I enjoyed working there kind of care free attitude at times.. The hardest part of the job is endurance and repetativess. The most enjoyable part of the job is..... The Pay Check...!?

Very bad place to work

Pay is decent but this place is managed by immature children who have favourites. They bullly employees when you talk to lead hands or supervisor they sweep it under the table. You can be the best worker in the world but once you rub any higher up the wrong way once your marked they will excessively watch you talk down to you

Pros

Good oay

Cons

Unprofessional management

Kuntz

The management is fine but the work environment is very toxic. Also the people that work in maintenance department are very critical of the work being done.

Pros

Good Management

Cons

Toxic

Kuntz Electroplating treats its employees well

Good place to work. Employs very good people. Lots of opportunities and the benefits are great. Sometimes the decision to promote from within is questionable. Favoritism and unprofessionalism is pretty obvious.

Pros

Great pay and benefits. Good people. Family owned and operated.

Cons

Favoritism and unprofessional conduct of certain supervision/management

Dirty place to work but pay is better

I found loving the job when i was training on the day shift. As soon as you are done training you then are moved to night shift or afternoons. You are compensated a shift premium to work those shifts. Lots of overtime as well

If you are on nights, goodbye life

Poor environment, poor air quality, bad attitudes, if you make it on nights you can kiss any sort of life or relationship you had goodbye.........................

Pros

It is a job.

Cons

Its a bad job.

Good group of employees . Too much unfair management practices at times .

If you aren`t afraid of hard work and getting dirty , this is a job for you . Fun group of co-workers for the most part . Work can be very repetitious and can cause strain and pain on the body . Decent wages and benefits although not as good now as they had been in the past . Non-unionized which works well for the most part although can lead to unfair work practices at times where seniority etc are not always recognized as they should be .

Pros

good benefits and decent pay

Cons

some mandatory overtime, Non-unionized with sometimes suspect work and labor practices . MOL involved from time to time.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kuntz Electroplating Inc. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement