Kumon Employee Reviews

A great after school job
Tutor for Summer Enrichment Program (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC4 February 2018
working with peers and children keeps your education skills in check as it also provides the opportunity to learn and cope with children of all ages and different needs.
loved working with the kids but not management
Student Tutor (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ON4 February 2018
The pay was fine and there was good job security but not fond of the center instructors. They were unnecessarily rude to workers and kids. The employers made a big fuss over small complications.
Not great
Marketing Specialist, Western Canada (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC31 January 2018
The stars say enough really. There are good benefits and perks but your experience will be fairly dependent on who your manager is. In my mind, that means there isn't much cohesion in the company overall.
Pros
travel
Cons
poor management
Reliable Workplace
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Waterdown, ON24 January 2018
- Overall great experience
- worked there for 5 years
- hard part = working with parents
- most enjoyable part = working with kids
- Management was quick in response and supported employees
Kumon Math and Reading
Assistant (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB22 January 2018
Working with kids has been a great experience. Seeing them progress really makes the job worth it. The management is always there to support you and help you grow.
Wonderful experience for a first job
TEACHING ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON17 January 2018
This job was a great job to start off with and allowed for me to learn the basic skills of the workplace. It taught me how to interact with others and how to balance school and work. I learned how to work at a fast pace and be a part of a team effort. The workplace was a comfortable environment and everyone was very patient with me as I was learning how to be an effective worker.
Great Place to work
Student Instructor (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON14 January 2018
• Provide one-on-one tutoring to students requiring assistance in learning new concepts in Math and English
• Track students’ progress and prepare lesson plans
• Analyze and evaluate students completed classwork and homework to ensure they are meeting their objectives
Pros
flexible working hours
Cons
low hours
very nice bosses
Assistant Instructor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 January 2018
it's very easy for high school kids and gain good experience. the managers are very helpful and care a lot about employees. hardest part is working with the little kids.
Great Place to Work
Tutor (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON10 January 2018
A typical day would include tutoring students,entering marks into a database, and . The hardest part of the job was entering marks into the database as sometimes the laptops would turn off due to battery issues. The best part of the job is being able to teach a new concept to a student. The workplace was filled with people of all ages it was nice environment with coffee.
Pros
Great workplace atmosphere
Cons
Short 4 hour shifts.
Amazing place to work at.
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 January 2018
Worked with children and helping parents understand how their children are progressing and what future steps they need to take to keep on the right track.
Pros
Short hours.
MATH TUTOR (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 December 2017
Kumon Math Teacher and was a student at the same time. Corrected, and helped students improve on the mathematical skills. Took part in staff meetings and special events.
Productive and nurturing workplace
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON27 November 2017
A typical day at work consisted of aiding children with homework and providing guidance. I learned to take initiative and time management while working there. As a student in the IB program it is difficult to have a job and maintain school grades however, Kumon allowed me to nurture this skill by starting off with low hours and eventually working up to higher hours. Allowing time management to grow. It also taught me how to multitask as children often swarmed my desk with question therefore, by adapting to the hectic nature of the job I was able to improve my multitasking skills. The hardest part of the job was trying to balance all the different tasks at once such as marking homework, while taking questions from 3 different students at once. However, this helped me improve my problem solving skills and made me more capable of handling high pressure situations.
Pros
Reasonable Hours
Cons
Small chance of growth in the company
productive workplace
STUDENT TEACHER VOLUNTEER (Former Employee) –  British Columbia22 November 2017
i had fun teaching and learning new things at the same time. i got the oppurtunity to develop my communication skills and taught me how to better understand another person
Kumon
Math Tutor (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON19 October 2017
Very easy job to get through only 3 hours a day, only opens on Monday and Wednesday, great people, staff is very friendly and very easy to talk to. Hardest part is all the students come in at once so we get no breaks.
Pros
Friendly Staff
Cons
Students Pile in at once
fun fast moving place to work at
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON9 October 2017
Kumon is a very fast environment and an amazing place with many types of kids. It is always a fun time with the kids that come for their sessions. It is a multi-tasking involved job.
great work enviroment
Assistant instructor (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK6 October 2017
working at Kumon as given me great experience working with different kids with different learning capabilities. This job will keep you on your toes and allow you to learn more about what kids are being taught today.
Pros
Great kids you are able to work with
Confusing Corporation
Marker (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON2 October 2017
Although providing a good product, the management of employees becomes confusing and unreliable due to managers that do not have the capability of developing a culture amongst employees. This is in part due to the lack of professional communication skills from upper management.
Great learning opportunities but bad management
Area Development Manager (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC25 September 2017
I've worked here for over six years. There are wonderful things to learn and you can jump on many different teams.
The upper management is disorganized- unprofessional (a lot of the time) and the training is old fashioned and quite useless to be honest.
Looking for something new!

Good place to work if you are new to the work force.
Good job
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON21 September 2017
The job is very straight forward and fairly easy to learn. The workplace was very well organized and the coworkers were great. The hours are short but time goes by fast.
Organized and quiet workplace with steady flow of work
Tutoring Centre Volunteer (Former Employee) –  North Vancouver, BC19 September 2017
The Kumon center is a quite a nice place to work. It is quiet and organized allowing for staff to easily focus on their job. Training does not take too long and work becomes much easier with practice. Only downside is there is always a fair amount of work to do.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kumon. Our community is ready to answer.