KUMI
Happiness score is 54 out of 100

KUMI Employee Reviews

Canada24 reviews

Awesome management team -Just Don’t share personal things

I loved working there. Love that I had work and life balance. Few associates make feel young workers like they are not needed there. Mostly associates are friendly, but due to some -environment becomes toxic once you get permanent

Pros

Great management team, benefits

Good People

All jobs are hard but its the people that makes the afford worth it. Kumi is like many places its busy and has it stressful days, But its the people that makes it a great place to work.

Pros

Great support and people

Cons

Stessful at times

Insights into KUMI

What people like
  • Energizing work tasks
Areas for improvement
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Support from manager
  • Fair pay for job

Great improvements

I've been with kumi for many years and the culture standard has improved in spades. It feels like my job is important and the company wants me to succeed. The plant is cleaner than most and safety is important. The technology is up to date and improving all the time. It is very hot in the summer but water and breaks are supplied .

Pros

Clean safe work environment

Cons

Very hot in summer

Continually Improving

KCC has really turned things around in the last two years. New leadership and culture focus has kept me at this place. Even during really hard times, they find ways to keep us employed, provide raises, and even plan fun activities. They even just gave all 200+ employees hot dinners just to show appreciation for our commitment.

Pros

Committed to people and improvements

Cons

Fast paced facility with highest technology equipment

Kumi is a great place to work. The team is helpful and friendly and want you to get the most out of your time there. They train very well and Management is very supporting. The culture initiatives are awesome. It's a great place to come to work daily. At times it is very hot on the manufacturing floor in the summer. Kumi takes this seriously and provides heat stress breaks and ice and water.I am enjoying my experience here and have had the opportunity to advance my career.

Pros

Culture, Management strength, teamwork

Cons

Hot in the summer months

Total garbage place to work

As a forklift operator you have a heavy load no free time and a lot of eyes watching on you, Boss is always breathing down your throat talking behind your back and there’s no support

Pay is below par for a Honda corp

People who have worked there for $20 years make $20 an hourStudents are advertised at $18 an hourExplain how the pay structure benefits the employee HR very difficult to get on the phone

People are really great

Good benefits. Not greatest pay, could be better. Overall the workers make it a good experience to work there. Too many managers and not very organized.

Nice to go to work every day

My co-workers are very nice and are always willing to help me out. I feel the company has always looked out for my best interests, not just their own. The work I do is highly rewarding and I can see the positive results that comes from it.

Pros

The people

Great Learning Experience

My internship was amazing at Kumi Canada. My co-workers were amazing and always willing to help. I learned an abundance of information and was able to apply what I learned at school.

Pros

Team Environment

Horrible

Co workers ok, management horrible... god help you if you get injured they will screw you completely! Very uncaring! They will lie and make up anything they can think of just to screw the employee! Pay ok, benefits ok, co workers ok.

Pros

Benifits ok, pay ok

Cons

Horrible management

Official response from KUMI

12 May 2021
We are committed to building and maintaining a positive workplace culture where everyone can flourish at Kumi Canada. I know the reason we continue to be so successful is because of our people which is why continuing to improve our communication and culture is a paramount focus for me in my new position. At Kumi Canada, the health and safety of our associates has always been a priority. I am very concerned that you feel you were not taken care of with the highest level of integrity and respect. Please contact me, or come and speak to me anytime about your experience, so I can personally ensure that the situation is resolved.Justin Moreau, President

Fast paced Environment

Training at the beginning was a bit of a struggle, lots to learn, some great people to work with. A lot of overtime was available. Clean and tidy workplace

Management dosen't care about anyone. They only look out for themselves!!!!

I would never recommend this workplace to anyone!!!! HR has no intention of looking out for anybody's interests! There is no open door policy!!! I hated every minute!!!

Pros

Cons

Everything!!!

Bad management

Bad management and workers are under paid the people you work with are very nice but for what you do in there it’s not worth the pay and no chance of advancing

Job position

The wages aren't that good and the culture is very stressful. It's a very fast based company as it is in the auto industry. I find the supervisors aren't very help full or understanding toward your interests.i find a lot of people talk behind your back and then try to be your friend even though you know what is going on which makes it very difficult to do your job and makes it very stressful.

Pros

Close to home

Cons

Money and advancememt

Review

Good staff wasn't much room to expand within the company, little pay increase. A lot of overtime was available.very fast-paced, they don't like to acknowledge any issues until something occurs then they deal with the situation.

Pros

lots over overtime available, decent hours of operation

Cons

hard labour, lots of man handling the parts

Clean enviroment

It does have benefits and is a really clean and quiet working environment considering its a injection factory. Also has 2 weeks of unpaid shutdowns..

Great learning environment for students. Friendly company.

I worked at Kumi this summer for my engineering co op, and while I was there I was treated very well and got to learn a lot about the injection and assembly industry.

Poor communication, no job security and run like a highschool

Don’t try to impress because your efforts will be waisted. You will end up doing it all the time and never feel appreciated. Don’t think you won’t get written up/suspended for because everyone who has ever worked at this company has probably got at least one write up since this work environment isn’t helpful or a team environment.

Pros

Overtime pay

Cons

Getting written up for every mistake, even in training!

Clean and safe working environment

KCC is a leading Tier 1 Injection moulding supplier that is committed to providing quality, cost effective parts in a timely fashion while maintaining a superior standard for Associate health and safety.

Pros

Associate involvement in continuous improvement programs

Cons

little opportunity for advancement

Productive career

Good place to work, hours of work are equal for the employees. Three shifts- days, evenings, nights. Must be able to handle a fast past environment with repetitive tasks. Standing for long periods of time and good eye/hand coordination is essential. This company provides additional courses to improve on skills and qualifications for the different areas in the plant. Lots of opportunity to advance within the company if the interest is there.

Pros

hours of work- regular schedule

Ask a question about working or interviewing at KUMI. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement