KUBRA Employee Reviews

Bad place to start your career
Junior Programmer Analyst (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON25 September 2018
The junior programmer position will provide you with minimal exposure to web development. You will be working mostly with front-end updates and SQL changes. When they say you will be the first point of contact with clients, that means that when things break(which they will, far to often) the clients will be calling you and be looking for immediate correction.
Pros
HR is friendly and do their best to set up fun events
Cons
High stress, after hours calls at 2am, non-competitive salary
Wouldn't recommend unless desperate
Programmer Analyst (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON23 September 2018
There is a high amount of workload with minimum compensation. It is hard to resolve issues as the teams within the company like to pushback so cooperation is to a minimum. Most of the product is already made so all the coding you will be doing is code maintenance or enhancements. New projects are based off the base code and setting up new settings in the system.

Your co-workers may be nice but there is a lot of nepotism in management and I have been told countless times to stop pushing something because they are related to the CEO.

I really wouldn't recommend, there is a high turnover rate and it is based on the workload.
Pros
HR tries hard to make the workplace bearable (food, events, bring different companies in)
Cons
Workload, politics, low compensation
Good Place
Management (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON22 April 2018
Good Place grow and learn. Management wants to improve but still wants to latch on to old habits.

Culture is dependent on team you work in.
Overall supportive .
Recently hired
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON9 April 2018
I'm still on probation at KUBRA but I have had lots of fun so far. I can see that my experience and knowledge are valued here. The management team is very good and have a listening ear if you are talking to them. The job culture is really good.
Pros
Flexible work hours, Team work, overall friendly environment
Benefits
This is not a programming company
Programmer Analyst (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON28 March 2018
If you get a job here, you will mostly being doing mild adjustments to base applications to match new client marketing styles. If you are lucky you will get a job on the product team who's main job is to push untested and broken updates to production which will cause so many headaches.

They are all about getting as many clients signed up and shoving products out that door that are not quality and will require months of clean up to correct issues that were not properly tested internally or externally.
Pros
Everyone has a fairly positive attitude and is easy to work with
Cons
Standard of testing or non-existent, Documentation is non-existent, You will be doing very little coding and mostly configuring.
good company to start your career
QA Analyst (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON22 December 2017
Good company to start your career.Great team,have lots of fun and social events.Orientation is too lengthy to get in touch with each and every department.
Fun place to work at
Job Title (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON28 November 2017
This place has very good and dedicated employees to work and spend time with. However, there is a lot of family ties in executive and senior management, which impose some decisions that may not make sense or look like conflict of interest.
Never work there
Network support technician (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON17 November 2017
Very unprofessional people! You do not want to waste your time working for this company. When I worked there it was a mid size company but my team was very rude and unprofessional to work with.
Overall it is good
Software Developer (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON20 June 2017
I would recommend KUBRA to a friend,
Pros:
Company culture is good.
People are helpful.

Cons:
Communication is not good between teams. It takes time to get things done if it spreads between teams.
not a good place to work
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON10 April 2017
Working with Kubra is like surrounded by enemies. No Department cooperates with the other, the environment is so hostile that people are afraid to even talk to each other. Management is adversarial and the pay is not much either. Overall it is a bad place to work. Stay away.
Pros
location
Cons
non cooperative environment, no work life balance, extremly stressful, total insecurity
Low compensation High work load
Sr. Technical Lead (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON23 March 2017
you spend all your time working, there is no such thing as a work life balance. your compensation is low. only positive is they give you lots of vacation time.. of course you spend all vacation working.
Circling the Drain
Team Lead, Client Support (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON24 November 2016
KUBRA is a company that once had a great idea and made a ton of money selling it, but as they grew they both refused to adapt to the size of their own company and the changing market. A mid-size company running like it's still just a couple of guys in a garage with a printer. The greatest challenge is trying to support a product with shoddy coding, no knowledge transfer, no documentation, no change management and processes that are only followed when convenient. The upside is that you can get hired and retained with minimum experience or effort, so this can be a great stepping stone for recent grads or those looking to advance, but don't count on spending the next 5-8 years here unless you're a glutton for punishment.
Stay as far away as you can
Senior Developer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 November 2016
I worked for 2 years at Kubra. Management continually lied to it's employees. The salaries were also at the low end of the spectrum.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Low Salary, untruthful management
Exciting workplace that offers many rewarding challenges and opportunities to grow
Programmer Analyst (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON1 May 2016
A typical day at work involves the following:

- responding to client requests and issues
- debugging business applications for errors and implementing fixes
- develop customized solutions to the existing website based on client requirements
- attend client meetings to go over project milestones and requirements analysis

At Kubra, I got the opportunity to develop my skills and knowledge of using ASP.NET in real world applications. In addition, I learned how to communicate with clients and was able to improve on my project management and multitasking in order to meet tight deadlines.

My co-workers are very approachable and are always willing to lend assistance whenever required. We often organize events outside of work such as basketball and pub nights.

The most challenging aspect about my job is to be able to juggle multiple tasks at the same time. The breadth of knowledge required is enormous which is why I'm constantly learning new things each and everyday. Our role requires that we have a solid understanding of every business process because in addition to working behind the scenes performing code changes, we also provide support for our clients.

What I find to be the most enjoyable thing about work is that since I'm constantly learning new things, there is never a dull day. Kubra is a company that always seeks to develop new technologies in order to improve process efficiency and the overall client experience. As a result, I receive plenty of opportunities to test new implementations and offer feedback if required.
Pros
Great benefits and appreciation days/events
Cons
Sometimes requires working after hours
No room to grow, micromanage, underpaid
Technical Client Support Analyst (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON18 April 2016
The teams are spread out so think many mistakes are made, this is only amplified by the terrible base code that keeps being implemented into every new project. Management trys to be new age by having things like a Foosball table, don't be fooled though they frown upon people using it and throw it in their faces. I really learned what not to do with this company.
Fun place to work
Client Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON15 April 2016
Fast past, fun environment, open door policy.
Nothing much else to say other than it's just business as usual.

Customer interaction management solutions provider with core competencies around print and electronic document delivery and settlement transactions.

KUBRA provides customer interaction management solutions to some of the largest utility, insurance, financial services, health care, and communication companies across North America. Our portfolio of integrated multi-channel outsource solutions include document print and mailing, e-billing and self-service, document management, and payment solutions. With over 400 clients and 1 billion customer interactions annually, KUBRA delivers innovative, performance-driven value to its clients every day.
Productive and Good environment, to work in
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON31 March 2016
Kubra was a great place to work. Good environment, nice people, team work was great. Clean and structured environment for a work place.
Pros
Social events
Cons
late evening shifts
great call centre to work for
CSR (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON10 February 2016
give great customer service to resolves customers issues great call center to work for and great co workers and always having fun games and lot of lunches most enjoyable part of the job is making sure customers payment was processes through correctly
Excellent work environment, tight-knit staff
Programmer Analyst (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON17 November 2015
KUBRA was a nice balance of freedom and structure. If I needed to do something and was uncertain of the standard way KUBRA handled it then it would not take long for me to find either documentation regarding the task or someone who was able and willing to assist me. Other times, when I knew what had to be done, I had the flexibility to accomplish these tasks regardless of whether they related directly to my area of work or not thanks to the positive and team-centric work environment.

Fast-paced and very steep learning curve at first, but plenty of room for horizontal movement if you're unsure of where you fit or vertical movement once you're sure of what path you want to head down.
Pros
Work isn't boring, people are friendly and helpful
Cons
Difficult start
Good place to work if you are a new grad
Programmer / Analyst (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON12 October 2015
It is an okay place to work if you have no prior technical work experience. The company hires alot of new grads but the pay is below industry standards. Not worth staying for a long time
Pros
Good for new grads, flexible schedule
Cons
low pay, old technology

Ask a question about working or interviewing at KUBRA. Our community is ready to answer.

KUBRA Reviews by Location