KUBRA

KUBRA Employee Reviews with Jobs

Canada37 reviews

KUBRA is well managed company

Featured review

KUBRA selected this as a representative review
1. Great people 2. Great Management 3. WFH option 4. Additional Benefits- Added Sick days and PTO 5. Good Insurance and Good 401k match 6. Career opportunity 7. KUBRA employees conference meeting with the CEO Rick Watkin on a monthly/biweekly basis and getting update on the company health and business as a whole. 8. Good half yearly bonuses 9. Good HR newsletters for healthy living and tips during uncertain times 10. Celebration of festivals of diversified culture and traditions 11. Good HR team: listening to employee feedback and making changes to accomodate all employees. 12. Fresh fruits and birthday cakes every month shows that KUBRA cares Good management of wealth and resources. Which helped company to be successful even during the COVID pandemic, and there were No layoffs too.

Pros

Great Team!!

Timeline work place

It is good company to work but very less relaxation always maintaining timeline for job but rare appreciation. Money I get according to work is less compare to other companies.

Pros

Free coffee

Cons

No appreciation

Insights into KUBRA

• Fair pay for job
  • Sense of belonging
  • Overall satisfaction

KUBRA cares

An excellent company where cultural and social values are given importance,Stable career,Amazing environment,Friendly co-workers, Need to improve on the "Pay/Benefits" area

Pros

An excellent company where cultural and social values are given importance, Stable career, Amazing environment, Friendly co-workers

Cons

average industry pay and need to have more benefits

I would not recommend this company

I was underpaid and under-appreciated. I have a young family and kubra says it’s about family/work life balance but in the end it’s all about kubra and what more you can do for no more money.

Below industry standard

Company looks for new hires and immigrants where this is their first job in the specific industry. They do this to overwork and underpay the staff. The staff doesnt know what the actual industry is like. Very lacking in professional environment. Especially iDox and Docweb Management.

Pros

Nope

Cons

Underpay and overworked

24 June 2020
Hello,As a certified Best Workplace for Inclusion (2020) and Great Place to Work Canada & US (2019-2020), KUBRA is proud to provide opportunity to any qualified individual based on the requirements of our positions and are proud to have such a diverse workforce made up of people from various backgrounds and experiences. There are certain positions, including our entry-level Support positions which are open to new graduates and less experienced individuals who possess the required skill-sets and qualifications for the role. Our in-house training programs offer these individuals opportunity to grow and expand on their knowledge of our business and the industry. Our pay and compensation programs are specifically designed to reward high-performing individuals and there has been much improvement to our industry benchmarking capabilities over the last couple of years.If you wish to share any constructive feedback as to how we may be able to further improve, please feel free to respond to feedback@kubra.com.Thank you,Matt Patton - HR Generalist

Fun Place to work but very old tech

Not the best Place to work but some really cool people. The technology is very old and the work load is alot. It would be a better working place if the tech was new.

24 June 2020
Hello,Thank you for sharing your feedback. We acknowledge that in some teams, older technology may still exist as we support and maintain some of our legacy platforms and solutions for clients. This is an area we have continued to improve in over the last couple of years and will continue to be a focus as we make heavy investments into new technologies, platforms and solutions to ensure we are continuing to be an employer of choice for Our People and trusted partner to the clients we serve. If you have any further ideas or feedback on how we can improve, please feel free to share at feedback@kubra.com. Thank you!Matt Patton - HR Generalist

Great Company, Promising Future!

KUBRA's people and culture are a huge positive - from the physical office environment which has been updated to a more modern look to the social events and number of other perks, coming into work is always fun. In addition, KUBRA and specifically management has made a strong push for change over the last couple of years having made a number of improvements to its employee offerings, including more flexible work arrangements like summer hours programs and work from home options. They implemented TINYpulse that allows employees to submit feedback that goes to management (executives) and HR anonymously and the feedback turns into action. It's clear they take employee feedback seriously and want to continue to improve. Some other pros include: - Career advancement opportunities (so many people are promoted internally or move to new positions) - Management is highly open to feedback and change - Great perks and benefits (Work from home, education subsidies, vacation, etc) - Social events and celebrations - Great snack options (drinks, fresh foods, candies and other snacks) - The people and culture are amazing - KUBRA has won culture awards - Continuing education reimbursement There are not many cons to think of as the company continues to improve in weak areas. Some complain of salaries but the company has taken steps to become more competitive - recently modified its bonus program and communicated major increases especially for competitive tech roles. Those who complain of low salaries are most likely low performers. There is no RRSP's for Canadian Employees, -

You need to work here!

Not only have I been given the ability to implement new projects and ideas but, I also feel like my feedback is taken seriously. Upper management consistently reviews real feedback and suggestions from employees. It's encouraging to see most of feedback being implemented as well! KUBRA has one of the best work cultures I've ever experienced. Their HR team is constantly trying to improve employee engagement and wellness initiatives. I love coming to work everyday and am excited about continuing my career at KUBRA.

Amazing place to work!

KUBRA has been a great place to work. Everyone across all departments are great to work with and make the work place culture so enjoyable! There are so many initiatives that go on outside of your everyday work that you can participate in, such as volunteer opportunities, social committee work, wellness events, etc.

good work culture

Over all good work ethics good teamwork and opportunity to learn but not much th grow within organization Not very good training structure or support from upper management hard to balance life and work

30 June 2020
Hello, thank you for sharing your honest feedback. We're sorry to hear that you feel there wasn't much opportunity to grow, however, we do offer ample opportunities for internal mobility including promotional opportunities along with lateral movement among different teams or departments for those who are interested and qualified. We have many ways of communicating these opportunities internally including through regular emails from our recruitment team or through your Manager. To further improve in this area, we are also currently working on a Career Mapping & Position Profile initiative to help Our People better identify all of the internal mobility opportunities for each role. In addition to the improvements we are making to communicate our internal opportunities, training has also been a major focus for us in 2020 and we've seen great progress so far this year which includes the launch of an online learning solution for Our People to benefit from.If you have any further feedback or ideas on how we can continue to improve in these areas, please feel free to contact us directly at feedback@kubra.com. Thank you,Matt Patton - HR Generalist

Work environment is amazing and supportive

Good things about Kubra -> Management is good! Work environment is amazing and supportive Flexible work from home policy. Interview process was fast. .

24 June 2020
Thank you for sharing such a positive review! We're glad that you are enjoying our award winning culture and the work environment. If you have any other ideas or suggestions in how we can continue to provide support to Our People, please feel free to share at feedback@kubra.com.Thank you!Matt Patton - HR Generalist

Amazing corporate cultue with focus on employee wellness

The coworkers are amazing. Everyone is positive and supportive. There are some problems with office politics and communication but the company is working on improving that.

Pros

Free Lunches

Cons

Lack of adherance to process

decent place to work

- Good work life balance. - Decent compensation - Adopting new technologies is a bit on the slower side - Communication between different levels of management could be improved.

Great manager and a good place

Fun to work with lots of opportunities as there are gaps to improve with new technologies and processes

Bad place to start your career

The junior programmer position will provide you with minimal exposure to web development. You will be working mostly with front-end updates and SQL changes. When they say you will be the first point of contact with clients, that means that when things break(which they will, far to often) the clients will be calling you and be looking for immediate correction.

Pros

HR is friendly and do their best to set up fun events

Cons

High stress, after hours calls at 2am, non-competitive salary

Wouldn't recommend unless desperate

There is a high amount of workload with minimum compensation. It is hard to resolve issues as the teams within the company like to pushback so cooperation is to a minimum. Most of the product is already made so all the coding you will be doing is code maintenance or enhancements. New projects are based off the base code and setting up new settings in the system. Your co-workers may be nice but there is a lot of nepotism in management and I have been told countless times to stop pushing something because they are related to the CEO. I really wouldn't recommend, there is a high turnover rate and it is based on the workload.

Pros

HR tries hard to make the workplace bearable (food, events, bring different companies in)

Cons

Workload, politics, low compensation

Incestuous executive team and sweat shop culture

All the executive team is either related or married to the same family. As are many of the team members. The work culture here is to do whatever it takes. Whether this means working long hours, weekends or even loosing a few days of sleep. There's a high turnover here, the KUBRA news emails become a joke of the office, as they come out so frequently.

Good Place

Good Place grow and learn. Management wants to improve but still wants to latch on to old habits. Culture is dependent on team you work in. Overall supportive .

Recently hired

I'm still on probation at KUBRA but I have had lots of fun so far. I can see that my experience and knowledge are valued here. The management team is very good and have a listening ear if you are talking to them. The job culture is really good.

Pros

Flexible work hours, Team work, overall friendly environment

Benefits

This is not a programming company

If you get a job here, you will mostly being doing mild adjustments to base applications to match new client marketing styles. If you are lucky you will get a job on the product team who's main job is to push untested and broken updates to production which will cause so many headaches. They are all about getting as many clients signed up and shoving products out that door that are not quality and will require months of clean up to correct issues that were not properly tested internally or externally.

Pros

Everyone has a fairly positive attitude and is easy to work with

Cons

Standard of testing or non-existent, Documentation is non-existent, You will be doing very little coding and mostly configuring.

good company to start your career

Good company to start your career.Great team,have lots of fun and social events.Orientation is too lengthy to get in touch with each and every department.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at KUBRA. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement