Kubes Steel

Kubes Steel: 12 Employee Reviews

Canada12 reviews

Machinery and tooling low-end

Virtually nothing invested to maintain/replace machinery and tooling so everything takes drastically more work, and the pay is definitely at the low end

Pros

Paid lunch on afternoon shift

Worked hard, lots of overtime. Learned a lot!!

Supportive and helpful. Fun, variety of projectsGreat bosses and co-workers.Afternoons paid lunch and 4, 10's. Use lots of skills. Always good challenges.

Insights into Kubes Steel

Areas for improvement
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Energizing work tasks
  • Supportive environment

Good for a very short time

Lack of communication makes it very difficult to work at this place, not knowing what your job is all the time is another problem, the promise of a future in this company is also false as its more of a hire and fire company.

Terrible management

Terrible place to work the management does not care. Could get paid much better as a welder elsewhere and plan on leaving soon. Do not apply here you will regret

Laid back and seems to have work

Really laid back place which has pros and cons, its kind of a free for all and no body likes to take reaponisibilty for much or clean up after themselves. Doesnt seem to be too much insentive to want to advance within the company.

Pros

Close to home for me

Cons

Non rotational shifts

Productive workplace with flexible hours

Productive workplace with flexible hours

-make my own hours -learned to work independently and in groups -hardest part was scheduling our shift so it didn't clash with their lunchtime

I worked at this shop for 18 years. Nothing bad to say abut this company. I would recommend it to anyone looking for a long-term career. Good people there.

Upper management brings people down

Good work. Great workers on the floor. Management think you don't have a life or shouldn't. They don't care about employees. If your good At your job No chance of promotions. Would not recommend this place unless you need a job until you can find better.

Pros

Co workers. Healthcare

Cons

Management! And Hire too many people then layoff

able to upgrade cwb welding tickets

excelent company when it came to all aspects of fabrication

Pros

overtime available

Cons

no cons

Fast pace something new everyday.

This company is ok to work at, at times it can frustrate you,You are jumping from one job to the next without finishing the first job. co-workers where good to work with.

Pros

lot of over time

Cons

no revolving shift work

ok place to work

i liked it at kubes but language bairrer was a problem,sept 11 occured so i lost my job because i didnt have senority

Pros

good hrs

Cons

language barrier

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kubes Steel. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement