Kruger Products Employee Reviews

Production Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Trenton, ON23 March 2018
Have worked here for 8 years. Company is spending a lot of money at the Trenton plant which makes advancement easy. Management spend a lot of time on the production floor speaking with employees on how they can improve and make their jobs easier. We have a open door policy. If you have questions concerns or ways to improve you are always welcome to go up for a chat. Plant and Production manager are very easy and fun to communicate with. And truly care about our employees. We like employees to get involved with commitees such as health and safety or social committee's.
Pros
Benefits and pension plan
Don’t bother
Forester (Former Employee) –  New Westminster, BC21 August 2018
Was a forester for many years. The entire staff except myself were baby boomers waiting to retire. The general company culture was can you do my job as well because we are too old. Management/project planning was complete garbage. It’s soul sucking work
Cons
Poor planning, decrepit work force
Management horrible
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Trenton, ON19 March 2018
Management here is the worst around.
Fire people as a scare tactic to others
Morale is the worst i have seen and i have worked for several manufacturing companies.
A typical day consists of being spoken down to by unprofessional production and plant manager in front of your coworkers.
Do yourself a favour and dont look for work here.
Head office needs to gut this place and start over.
Pros
Benefits pension
Cons
Poorly managed no work life balance
The worst place I ever worked
Retired (Former Employee) –  Trenton, ON3 February 2018
This company (or at least the Trenton plant)uses threats and intimidation to bully the employees . Management are a disgrace to the human race , To a man they have no people skills , products are garbage , the accident rate is appalling , people are ''let go'' in an attempt to keep others in line , do not work here. you have been warned .
Pros
Cons
culture of abuse.
Good place for a life time job
Lab testing and 1st aid attendant (Former Employee) –  New Westminster, BC10 January 2018
I started working at the Westminster plant in 1973 and retired from there in 2016. I loved my job and really liked the people I worked with. In my job as I could go at my own pace and work as hard and as fast as I wanted. The fact that as a 1st aid attendant I helped saved lives was a great feeling! The benefits were great, I loved the pizza days and Chinese dinners, the many gifts that I got, (loved the clothes), and the contests that we could enter to win great stuff! It was like a family there and when I retired I missed it all very much. Working there enabled me to buy my farm and have the life I wanted.
Pros
hot dog days and gifts
Cons
Lots of walking and many stairs. Knees and hips wear out. Some jobs are boring.
Its a joke
Former employee (Former Employee) –  Trenton, ON2 April 2018
None of management is on the floor at anytime obviously whoever wrote the previous statement is management . they dont treat you well or understand anything going on . always pushing thier job onto others instead of stepping up
Pros
No pros
Cons
Management sucks
Team work place
Sales Co-Ordinator (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, Ontario29 May 2012
At Kruger Products a typical work day was enjoyable, walking into a place with friendly faces, great atmosphere, and knew it wasn’t going to be like any other day. It was busy and knew I would have to multi-task between spreadsheets and assisting sales managers with everyday administrative tasks. The managers were always pleasant and had an open door policy. The hardest part of the job was making sure that all was done before the end of the day but we managed by always being organized. I always found a way to work with others in the office by compromising and being a team player as they were as well. We always helped each other out to get the job done in the end and work closely together. This to me makes every day enjoyable if everyone can act as a team player.
Pros
good benefits, good team, great social events
Cons
long hours, poor air quality in building
Human Resources/ Production manager problems
Line Operator (Current Employee) –  Trenton, ON17 July 2017
No job security. Floor people treated bad. Harrassment from HR and production manager. Will fire anyone. No light duties if you get hurt even though Human Resources Tribunal states accomodation up until undo hardship. Needs a union in there to get any better. No worker rights in there according to management.
Cons
Horrible place to work
horrible place to work
former employee (Former Employee) –  Trenton, ON29 November 2016
All employees are treated like machines. All they care about is numbers and production. Their safety is horrible and if u get injured you arent allowed to go on workers comp, they just swipe u in and out. No job security as they will fire you on a whim as there is no union and they take advantage of that. Pay rate is low for the work that you do.
Pros
days off
Cons
very bad management and production manager
I was a union member here
Union member (Former Employee) –  New Westminster, BC9 April 2013
This review is for the New Westminster paper plant:
Average seniority at this place around 2010 was about 20-25 years, so before you moved up the only choice was to wait, especially due to its unionized environment.
Salary and benefits were up around the roof, great for a place that only required high school, the jobs were dead end but easy and they allowed reading books for some jobs which makes it a less than a mind numbing job.

Culture and values were pretty bad, tough to be under 30 at this job like I was, however the people were respectful. Very old school minded place from management all the way down the ladder.

Job security... well I got canned due to bad management practices, I along with another 50-60... so, perhaps the same as everywhere else, if you made it past 15 years you will be fine. However if the trade men/women liked you and you passed their aptitudes tests you could get an apprenticeship. If you had half a brain and/or kissed enough meat plus the right attitude they would move you to management, or at least management helper after around 10+ years. At least one manager however had neither, just the willingness to do the dirty jobs.

Management was all right, no complaints. They had their moody days when they wouldn't allow you to read a book in a mind numbing job and would prefer that you stare at the wall, or the machine you were looking after (even though they all had alarms to indicate something was wrong).

Work life balance, very bad as its a 24/7 manufacturing plant, but they do pay you enough to say that it was worth it.

If you want a life time
  more... job with limited but possible advancement opportunities this job is ideal. Again, the pay is glorious at this place for a person with no skills but willing to work.  less
Pros
excellent pay.
Cons
bad hours.
Work Life Balance
Corporate Manager, Financial Planning and Analysis (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON27 March 2016
Kruger is a perfect company for anyone looking for a great work life balance. The culture is great and very rewarding. The marketing and the sales group are dedicated and committed.
Horrible place to work
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Trenton, ON12 January 2018
Treat employees poorly. Production manager fires employees as a scare tactic for the rest of the plant. No job is safe. Labour board needs to take more notice.
Upper management needs to hire a lot more ppl for this facility to operate the way that they want it to run
Millwright (Former Employee) –  Trenton, ON3 August 2016
Trenton facility is slowly moving into a bigger facility...but things are happening too fast....they need to hire more ppl for the floor & they desperately need more skilled trades in there ASAP.
To have 1 shift mechanic on the nightshift is unreal & very unsafe.
Pay is low in the Trenton plant as well....one reason they can't & won't be able to keep anyone.

Benefits are ok but not the best...could use some fixing up.

NO PENSION!!!
Pros
Days off
Cons
Low pay, running around with your head cut off for 12 hrs
Ok place to work, not a team environment
Senior Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON16 November 2015
Strong place to work, good training and decent management, not a team environment that I am looking for to develop my career
Poor Working Environment
Operator (Current Employee) –  Trenton, On8 October 2016
Low pay, really, really bad moral problem on the floor.
Lack of machine maintenance and the emphasis on production numbers means producing poor quality products (I wouldn't buy 60 percent of the product made),
No emphasis on training whatsoever.
Have to work all holidays
Benefits are basic, could be better.
Pros
Cons
12 hour shifts, including working holidays
very unstable
Materials Handler/Export (Former Employee) –  New Westminster, BC10 September 2012
eastern company has taking away the family first atmosphere. machinery is in need of upgrading.
inexperienced management shift work no stability
money is very good
Pros
money
Cons
unstable no security
Productive and fun to work for
Converting Production Operator (Former Employee) –  New Westminster, BC13 September 2012
Working in Kruger is busy (good busy), time comes by fast. Kruger's policy on Safety is strictly enforced, and well being of employees are given high with regards.
Pros
good pay and benefits
Cons
shift work schedule
Emploi très intéressant pour Sherbrooke
Production (Former Employee) –  Sherbrooke, QC5 September 2017
Il y a beaucoup plus d'avantages que le contraire.
Pros
Salaire, avantages sociaux, polyvalence des tâches.
Cons
Horaire irrégulier pour les nouveaux
bonne entreprise en période d'investissement majeur depuis l'acquisition par Kruger,des avantages sociaiux tres intéressant
Journalier de production (Former Employee) –  Crabtree, QC21 February 2017
J'y ai fait une belle carriere de 37 ans qui m'a permis d'acquérir un chez moi tres confortable,d'y élevai trois beaux enfants.Ainsi que de profiter d'une retraite confortable.
management no good
Operator (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON5 June 2017
People are so rude, dirty, no safety, supervisor is only focus at their fast production, human resource is not visible. no employee employer relationship

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kruger Products. Our community is ready to answer.