Krown Produce

Krown Produce Reviews with Jobs

Canada49 reviews

Great people. Horrible management

Supervisors and employees are great. Assistant manager is great. Warehouse manager is awful. Brings his attitude to work everyday and makes other feel intimidated and unwelcome. Absolutely no benefits outside of salary and even theirs are awful. Can’t recommend anyone work here. Great coworkers outside a few individuals. Work is manageable and days move quickly. Warehouse would be a much better place under new management

Cons

Rude management

Productive, great co workers

It's a great job with people your assigned to. The job isn't difficult, little overwhelming if you are unfamiliar with certain fruits, vegetables and the locations. But the employees and supervisors are great to help you. The only reason I left is the pay. Unless you are okay with it.

Pros

Free food from the place your allowed to grab.

Cons

Hrs are great, can extend longer at times but the pay isnt great if everything is going up to start

Insights into Krown Produce

Areas for improvement
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Support from manager

Busy Workplace with Good People

I started at Krown about two years ago as a temp. Worked in banana land to production, always busy in whatever area you are in even with Covid 19 shutting other businesses down. We all seem to get along with one another which makes it easier to do your job which can be strenuous at times. I'm glad to have a job during these times, and good people to go along with it.

Pros

Free Produce

Great place to be

Most of the time now a days my days start and finish with sanitizing the building cause of covid 19. This is good cause I like the idea of being able to help keep my co-workers safe. Every day there is something new to learn in the produce world like the temps of the product. Managment is very helpful answering any questions I might have. I love the fact that at the end of my shift I know ive done a great job and I can look around at the building and know it is safe and clean at the end of the day. The fact my co-workers always tell me what a great job im doing always helps and makes me feel great.

Pros

Free Fruit sometimes

Cons

Long days once in awhile

Best Produce Warehouse by a Mile!

Its hard to describe what it feels like to work here. The atmosphere and the personality that people bring is what has me here almost six years down the road. It's nice because its multicultural so you learn about the many facets of people's lives and what they eat.Overall, our warehouse is very tidy and organized. Primarily, because its a food storage supply warehouse and also, because we can find things quite easily. Our equipment fleet is regularly upkept so you never have to worry about not having the proper equipment for the right job. Our supervisor team is the friendliest to work with. If you have any concerns, they are very 'quick' and 'eager' to aid you in the proper direction. Our operation management team knows every intricate detail about what is happening in the facility and our ops-manager is super cool!Overall, I welcome anyone to come on board try for themselves!Perhaps they will see it my way!Perspective is a beautiful thing.

Pros

Monthly Pizza's

Cons

Cons? What!

Best Company to Work for

I received gained employment at Krown Produce and I must say, I really enjoy it. The managers not only say they have our backs but continuously demonstrate this by making themselves available anytime someone has a question, concern, or just need some support. I have a great work/ life balance, I am paid fairly, and I am continuously learning and developing my skills as I continue to work for them. It was exactly the work culture that I was looking for! I highly recommend working for Krown Produce. The only reason I put benefits as a 4-star review is because I am still on probation and don't receive any as of yet, however, from what I hear they are great!

Pros

work/life balance, friendly co-workers, flexible break schedule, continuously learning, support.

Cons

None to report...

Fast pace enviroment with pleasant workers and supervisors.

Been working at krownfor more then a year.Even though the job can be physically demanding &at time challenenging .At the end of the day you are left feeling satisfied you have put in a good days work.The bonus food helps with the satisfied feeling.The work atmesphere is usally pleasent@fellow employees are easy to get along with and work with.The supervisors are usually pleasant@quick to answer any questions and offer guidance whenever possiable.The company follows all co -vid protocal @guidelines.We have been getting good hours even though the pandemic has forced others from there jobs.As well as the employees getting 40 or more hours per week.@Ocasionally free food@produce the company has made sure all employees have acceess to all essential worker bonuses.

Pros

Free fruit

Very Unorganized Company,Supervisors are Rude and Unprofessional!!

I worked here for about a year,,Very unorganized Company,There were Supervisors that are there are not friendly to people unless your in there little group bother with this going nowhere company!!

Pros

Cons

wages are low, Management is terrible, very disorganized!!

Fun and welcoming

I have worked as a production worker in krown Produce for about a year and some months now. My days working at this facility has always been fun and welcoming, managers are very good to get along with. Supervisors are always there to make sure you enjoy what you are doing. They really make you feel at home with laughter by cracking jokes here and there. I really enjoy working here and I encourage people seeking for jobs to give this place a try and they will be grateful. Don't always listen to outsiders, it's better you witnessing it yourself.

Pros

Overtime and free foods sometimes

Fun and Productive

It is my first time to work as a production worker, of course in my first month its not easy but time to time you'll get used to it. For me its fun when you're getting paid with free workout lol. If you love the work you'll feel this. Supervisors are strict when it comes to work but they are crazy i mean funny and nice to work with and at the same time approachable.

Pros

Fruit freebies

Very unorganized company and no respect for workers by Supervisors!!

Stay away,low wages,very disorganized,Supervisors and plant Manager are uncaring when it comes to anyone,nobeniefits,No pension,No Respect,unless you want a horrible experience Stay away from this going nowhere Company!!!

Pros

Cons

no pension, no respect, rude people!!!

Stressful

No guarantee hours... very rude supervisors.... always yelling.. very very rude..... most employee here are bully... low salary.. the work here is hard lifting 50pounds of potatoes..haha

Run by bad management. Very archaic

Management always had you on edge. there was no positive reinforcement at all. No computer systems to run the warehouse. It was all paper based and Microsoft excel and that’s it. Corporate culture is poor. Resolving of issues between employees went to the opinion of the more senior employee regardless of who was right or wrong. Disregard for safety. No Benefits. Overall poor experience

I worked here for 3 days

I went through the interview process for driver/warehouse. I was hired at a rate of $27/hour I spent 3 days working in the warehouse learning the product and so on.. During those 3 days, I noticed a lot of safety issues. Including, most of the fork lifts have some sort of mechanical issues. I noticed the maintenance and repair of simple things like lights were not taken care of properly. They didn’t chalk the wheels of trailers when a forklift was loading I brought this up to management and they simply ignored me and told me I was wrong. They also short me on pay. I was supposed to get $27/hr. My final pay was $25/hour This company is terrible.

Stressful

To work there was very stressful, I liked the job but the supervisors was very Strict and looking partial towards old employees and there was a monopoly of employees of one community ..

Pros

Work is easy

Cons

Supervisor are partial

most toxic work environment i have ever seen

wouldn't be that bad of a place to work except for one bad supervisor who you will dread working with every day... it's all been said here a one hundred times already so don't take my word for it.. every word out of his mouth is something negative either about the job itself or the other supervisors working with him or the employees working for him. when he isn't following you into the coolers or bathrooms begging to borrow money he will be calling you racist and insensitive nicknames, throwing you under the bus every time he can, and telling you you're useless a week into you starting the job (yepp all of these things actually happened!) management either can't see it or chooses not to see it i'm not sure which one is worse. could not get out fast enough.

Unfair treatment

For the time i was there the racking broke and they didnt fix very unsafe and this one supervisor just complains about everything and anything which is why i had to leave poor management overall

Decent place to work. Good people and good job security.

Overall Krown is not a terrible place to be. Your coworkers will end up being like family, everybody is working together to get the job done. The main supervisor you'll report to most of the time is awesome, always with a great attitude and he will work with you if you ever need ANYTHING, he really makes you feel like you're part of the bigger family. Management is fairly distant but I get that they have their own things going on. Just it would be nice if you got to talk with them more often than just when they are telling you about a mistake you made. Listen to what people say about a certain supervisor borrowing money. You will figure out who it is right away. I lent him some money in October 2019 and am still trying to get it paid back, always being told 'next week'. Have pretty much given up on it as a lesson learned, I think most people do.

Family atmosphere, opportunity for advancement

The management team has afforded me opportunities to learn and grow, those have led to opportunities for advancement. It's clear to me they place a value on individuals with the desire to learn new skills and grow into larger roles, they promote from within. I get to work with a great group of people every day that have become my second family.

Good people to work with

People there are mostly good and fun to work with. You keep busy all day and sometimes will get overtime too. People look out for each other so its a good environment to be in. Pay is fair and if you have interest in advancing they will work with you to get you there.

Fun place to work and working to improve every day

This is definitely a fast-paced place to work but I don't see that as a bad thing. You will keep busy but the boss is fair about what he expects you to get done. I don't ever need to worry about whether or not I'll get a full week's worth of hours. There have certainly been issues in the past but the management team is actively making an effort to improve in these areas. Very recently a member of the team has been promoted into a training role to ensure every new employee gets the proper training needed - which goes hand in hand with a newly developed training manual so you don't come in being confused or unsure of what you need to do. Fun atmosphere to work in - the employees and coworkers are some of the best parts of the job. Ultimately you'll have your good days and your bad days like any place you work but I find that the good and great days far outweigh the bad days.

Pros

Christmas Lunches, Steady Work

Cons

No water fountain

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Krown Produce. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.6 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement