Krown Produce Employee Reviews

Productive and fun enviroment.
QC (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB21 April 2018
Very professional and friendly people, I did good friends in this company, very supportative when it comes to a family matter, good benefits.
Pros
Friendly environment, busy and steady bussiness.
Cons
None.
Terrible management, no benefits
Forklift driver (Former Employee) –  Calgary4 March 2018
I worked there for just a week. Most of the people in Calgary branch are Vietnamese and they are very hard to understand but they are great workers/graders. Team leaders are great, supervisors are not. They do not have proper training modules for newbies. They will boss you around. A lot of people left coz of lack of benefits. The quality control person is so loud, conceited and most of the time angry at people just because they did not do things acvording to his instructions. They have no system in place on how and where to put stuff except for tomatoes, bananas, abocadoes and citrus. They have scanners in the office but just for display. Everything is manual. Old machines, forklifts, etc...
Pros
Easy job, good co-workers
Cons
Cut hours, bad management, no benefits, poor training
Very bad ethics towards work ... No respect for employees.
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 February 2017
Calgary plant is full of morons. Production supervisor seeks money from everyone. Never returns the money he borrows. Very disrespectful towards ladies. Even pass inappropriate comments. No related education. Even not high school graduated. Management knows everything.. Doesn't do anything. Unethical practices.
Pros
Can get overtime if you are ready to compromise.
Cons
Almost everything else.
Fun and rewarding place to work
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB16 June 2016
Fantastic environment, great co workers, very clean and well managed facility. learned about team work and all different kinds of produce. boss is super buff!
Pros
great people, challenging but rewarding work
Cons
Not fun place to work with people are so annoying
Grader (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB13 May 2016
The job is just so easy, its just the people around who makes the work complicated. you will get stuck working with people who will treat you differently. supervisor is so annoying too and unrespectable. she doesnt know how to motivate staffs properly. shes fond of looking on your misktakes especially when you are just new. so better watch out who plans to apply in this company. people are so discriminating..
Terrible place if you want job security.
shipper/receiver (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB28 December 2015
People for the most part are fantastic except for the stuck up boss and stab you in the back shipping supervisor. Good hours and mediocre wage, watch out for them cutting you out before passing probation. Good way to get cheap workers without having to commit to giving any raises or benefits. Have a tendency to run around like a chicken with their heads cut off.
Pros
Good hours, great people.
Cons
Awful management, mediocre pay, lack of job security.
hard and not a fun working place
Fruits Production (Current Employee) –  Langley, BC18 August 2015
the boss does not pay well enough, very rude to the co workers, and no benifits. but the workers make it fun to work at the stations.
Pros
fair break hours
Amazing place to work
SHIPPER/RECEIVER (Former Employee) –  winnipeg manitoba6 January 2015
A typical day would consist of clocking in a 7am, getting to work right away, stickering countless and never ending boxes and trays to hold product. Shortly after an hour or so of that, we would change areas and head on over to the grading line, where our team of girls would begin to grade and select the best from thousands of pounds of tomatoes(whom myself and another person would be in charge of loading and unloading)
Through out the day, my tasks would include stickering, loading tomatoes onto the grading line, driving the forklift into anyone of the multiple coolers to grab new pallets of tomatoes or whatever the girls might be grading, keeping the coolers organized, clean and congestion free. I would also on a daily basis, go into the shipping and receiving area and help out with orders as they would come in. Over all krown produce was the best job Ive ever worked at.
Pros
Wonderful work enviroment. Part of A family.
Cons
Couple of people who make things harder than need be.
Was a good place to work at, Clean and well maintained,
Inventory counter/Quality Control (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB8 February 2014
Loved coming to work everyday, learning about all the different fruits and vegtables, People were fun..
Pros
Good work atmosphere, fun group
Cons
No room for advancement
Very productive and fast paced work place
Production line worker -Shipper/Receiver (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg ,Manitoba ,Canada10 April 2013
I'd punch in 1st thing in the morning at 6:50am to start working. I'd start my job by grabbing a forklift or pallet jack and pulling whatever produce we needed at that time, on to the line to be graded. When I 1st started working with Krown I had no idea what to do but after the time I put into it I came out knowing almost everything about it with the plus of getting certified on forklifts and pallet jacks. My favorite days would have to be where I didn't have to stop for anything just a day of constant working and moving. The hardest part of the job would have to be when I had nothing to do except watch the Ladies grade produce, Because standing around isn't something I like to do. The Management and co-coworkers were great ,very friendly and talkative
Pros
everyone was friendly and helpful
Cons
working weekends with a bus that doesn't run on weekends, overtime constantly

Want to know more about Krown Produce?

Ask a question
stressful and lots of fake bosses
Shipper/Receiver (Former Employee) –  calgary ab20 August 2012
it doesnt have respect for fellow employees. Not recommended to any one. Very bad experience
Pros
easy work
Cons
treat u like trash